Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Good afternoon everybody,

I to am flying on TOM144 to Cancun but on Oct 1st, and i was just wondering where the plane arrives into MAN from before please so i can keep an eye open to see if its delayed coming inbound.

Thanks for your help

bowmanor

:wave:
Hi am flying from Doncaster to majorca with thomson. Anyone know what sort of plane will it be? It's tom3202.

Nervous flyer so trying to find out as much as possible!

Noticed that some of the longhaul configured 767s seemed to have "gone missing" - several of the long haul flights this last week have been made with substitute aircraft, short haul versions.
G-OOBM doesn't seem to have been used for several days and G-OOBL has gone to Luton. Also looks like Man - Jamaica scheduled today has been put back 24 hours ????
Not sure whats wrong with BM Think thats doing the LGW-MLE tonight. G-OOBL has something wrong with its ETOPs equipment so todays LGW-CUN has operated on G-OBYG It is also effecting one of the Gatwick flights tomorrow(HOG/POP). Hopefully by Tuesday everything should be back on track.
I have booked my mum on a STN/ACE Thomson flight via a travel agent, rather than online. She is disabled and travelling alone. I have prebooked meals, the TA is informing "whoever it may be" that she will require disabled assistance to the plane and that she is unable to walk up the stairs. The one thing I haven't prebooked is her seat, as I presumed that there were only certain seats that she would be placed in. She has now informed me that she must have an aisle seat, for easy access to the loo. Can she actually choose her seat, and should I ring and pay more to guarantee she gets the aisle?

TIA :cheers
I'm not sure that they will allocate an aisle seat to a less than able bodied passenger in case of an emergency and being able to evacuate quickly. I would speak to the airline and explain. They may have some dedicated medical seats.
I flew on Monarch last week and there was an rather immobile lady asking if she could swap from her window to an aisle seat and the cabin crew said no, and gave the above reason.
I'm sure BY-TOM-AMM-FCA will be able to advise.
I would give customer services a call and make sure the right information has gotten to Thomson Airways from your travel agent. A passenger with a disability cannot be refused an aisle seat due to their disability, that is Illegal. There are quite a few medical seats available for your mother. Speak to C/S and explain her needs they will allocate the best seat for her requirements.

If all the medical seats have already been prebooked then they will allocate the next best seat, usually an aisle as close to the front as possible.
Subject: THOMSON AIRWAYS ... Q&As

BY-TOM-AMM-FCA wrote:
Not sure whats wrong with BM Think thats doing the LGW-MLE tonight. G-OOBL has something wrong with its ETOPs equipment so todays LGW-CUN has operated on G-OBYG It is also effecting one of the Gatwick flights tomorrow(HOG/POP). Hopefully by Tuesday everything should be back on track.

G-OOBM, had a problem with a panel, I am lead to believe on the underside of the wing from a suspected bird strike. Looks like it's still being fixed.
Thanks Sunaddict and BY-TOM-AMM-FCA for your quick replies. I'll double check tomorrow with the travel agent and see what he has done, and then if necessary call customer services. I have spoken to my mum tonight and warned her she might not get exactly what she wants!!!! :D
Well the travel agent has said that he has made arrangements and staff will "take over" at checkin, and that he has asked for an aisle seat, and not to worry. So I will try not to :)

Thanks again for your replies.
Flying with Thomson to Dominican Republic next year and just wondered if anyone had every done this trip and paid extra for the premium cabin. Essentially I'm very interested in the extra legroom. Just returned last night from Taba and got an extra legroom seat at checkin due to the fact that I was literally crippled on the outbound with the legroom given (this was a Monarch flight though).

So am now researching legroom for DR as a matter of urgency as there's no way I could stand an 8 hour flight with such minimum space. It's been a longtime since I've done a package tour and flown outside of Europe and I was really surprised at the lack of legroom.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.
scoya, you can actually book extra legroom seats on long haul flights - about a third of the price of the Premium upgrade.That's what I normally do - couldn't on my latest holiday because there wasn't any left but managed to get a good price for Prem. upg. IMO Premium isn't worth the money otherwise! A few kgs extra luggage and a few free drinks - the early boarding is in my view actually a disadvantage.
Thompson long haul gives 33 inch leg room as standard anyway so will be way better then monarch
We had an interesting flight out to Cancun from manchester on saturday, with an hour and a half to go the captain told us the toilets were full and we could only use one. If we didn't restrict our visits we might have had to divert :D
Feebee, not unusual on long haul unfortunately. Same thing happened to us on Cancun flight - captain was going to divert to Orlando unless we all crossed our legs! Just after the announcement they served afternoon tea - you couldn't make it up!!! :rofl
On both my visits to Cuba the premium toilet has been out of bounds on the outward flight for the last few hours. Never had problems inbound. I guess more people are sleeping/resting so drink less.
Brewerdave & noooooobs thanks for your advice. I've spoken with tour operator today and both extra legroom and premium upgrade are available, so just need to make a decision and at the moment I'm thinking extra legroom is the way to go. I don't need a drink prior to take off, separate check-in desk, unlimited drinks throughout flight, extra luggage (will get 5kgs extra with dive card anyway), and upgraded inflight entertainment. I believe you can pay £5.00 to upgrade inflight entertainment anyway. Cheers again.
Flying to Egypt Friday out on Tom238 back Tom615 are these different planes what type Darren please
Hi Flying from Exeter to Mahon 30 Sept flt no TOM6500. Wondering what aircraft it will be? Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.