Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Nooooobs
The other thing to consider is that you may be seated in front/behind each other as the do split the last few couples up to fill the middle 3 seat section if the seats are booked up. I would check first as lots of people get upset by this in premium as they are not aware of it.
Hi Darren

Hope you are well. Flying once again to Kefalonia. Heading out from Gatwick on 11th June on TOM4218 and returning a week later on TOM4219. Do you know which aircraft type is scheduled for these flights?

Cheers
noooooobs wrote:
Bit of advice please, I'm bring offered premium economy on my flight in may for hardly anything. We already have extra space seats? Is it worth upgrading? Bearing in mind we have pre booked row 20 which is pretty roomy? To put it in perspective they are only asking for an extra 40 odd quid each to upgrade, shall I do it? Or keep extra space seats? Not sure

I'd snatch their hands off. I would check if they have seats together before confirming, but there does seem to be quite a few premium seats left (presuming you're flying from LGW).
00Argostoli,

LGW-EFL-LGW (TOM4218/9) are operated by Boeing 737-800. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
thanks Darren, wasn't abe to book premium as last minute but hoping to snag something at the check in lol
Has anybody any info on if Thomson are to be leasing Transavia France aircraft to operate their Friday TOM 436/7 Manchester-Antalya route from June 28th?
maddave25,

MAN-AYT-MAN (TOM436/7) are scheduled to be operated by Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul), either one of their own aircraft or the leased Jetairfly from their sister airline. The interior will be to the same standard as current aircraft so nothing to worry about. This is being brought in to free up one of the former Thomsonfly aircraft to cover long haul due to the 787-8 delays.

Transavia incidentally are Dutch, not French. Rumours are possibly around since Monarch have been sub-chartering them (Boeing 737-800) to cover some flights from Manchester recently?

Darren
Thanks for the info Darren, all of which I sort of knew.
The reason I keep poking at this flight is we are booked to fly on it on the 21st if June.

we chose the Friday flights so we could travel on the 767.

we should have been able to select our seat from 90 days and are now on day 65 and every conversation I have with Thomson gives a different reason but generally they all say they haven't decided on what aircraft will fly this route yet. One even suggested it may be the dreamliner on trial for that route.

I had a look on kayak for the week after our flights and mysteriously today at the same times and same flight numbers as the Thompson flights it is also giving a Transavia France flight every Friday throughout the summer. This made me wonder if they have leased some of their aircraft.

I realise they are a Dutch airline but do have a French arm that consists of 10x 737

I'm just curious really as to what aircraft I will fly and why at 65 days I still can't get a straight answer or select our seats.

Dave
deana wrote:
Nooooobs
The other thing to consider is that you may be seated in front/behind each other as the do split the last few couples up to fill the middle 3 seat section if the seats are booked up. I would check first as lots of people get upset by this in premium as they are not aware of it.

Thanks for the advice :). We have gone for it, thought why not. There were a rows of 3 left so we have 2 seats in the middle with hopefully the 3rd empty lol.
maddave25,

You'll be flying on a Boeing 767-300/ER, subject to any last minute changes. I only got the S13 aircraft schedule last week so it's unlikely to have changed in that time. The seat plans aren't always loaded exactly on 90 days, it's sometimes a few days either way. I'm sure yours will be loaded as soon as the aircraft is confirmed. Given the 787-8 problems and the need to juggle aircraft to cover, it's not surprising. Just keep a lookout. You'll probably get an automated email when it's opens. Given the Jetairfly will need reconfiguring, it should be done so in the same 328Y as the rest of the short haul fleet. It is very unlikely a 787-8, should they be delivered anytime soon, will be used on your route.

Darren
Great info as always.

Many thanks .

Dave
Hi Darren
Flight TOM 2138/2139 MAN-PMI-MAN 10th June, suspect 737/800.
Jeffro,

MAN-PMI-MAN (TOM2138/9) are operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
As far as I'm aware the jetairfly 767 won't be reconfigured, its staying in the jetairfly config.
Hi Darren,

Could you tell me if an ex FCA plane will be flying from LGW to MBA on 11th May and then the return on the 26th?

Thanks
Hi Darren, can you tell me what the aircraft will be for the 7am Manchester - Antalya on 11th June? It looks like 2-4-2 seating, is that correct?
denny.53,

Are you on the same flight as maddave25 above? Flight details are there.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.