Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Not all 757 are getting the extra leg room.
If you go onto Thomson facebook page and send then a private message with your reference number they will confirm if your flight is to have the extra legroom for you.

My hunch is it won't as you say it has 41 rows on the seat plan which is std configuration.
maddave25 wrote:
Not all 757 are getting the extra leg room.
If you go onto Thomson facebook page and send then a private message with your reference number they will confirm if your flight is to have the extra legroom for you.

My hunch is it won't as you say it has 41 rows on the seat plan which is std configuration.

The new configuration still has rows numbered to 41
So have they just removed some of the lower row numbers?
Massage,

Its a row in the forward and centre cabin that has been removed. Details are on our What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
I'm hearing on the grapevine that the FAA will be announcing that the redesigned battery and battery containment system will be certified on April 19th leading to the lifting of the grounding order on the 787-8 Dreamliner on 24th April 2013. This doesn't mean airlines will be permitted to fly on that date, this will only be possible once the modifications are implimented so will take a while as there are 50 grounded aircraft worldwide. Boeing are saying this will take around 6 weeks. The first is set to be Ethipoian Airlines who are set to resume 787-8 flights from 27th April as a Boeing team is in Addis Ababa ready to work on the aircraft. This is good news for Thomson Airways, things are starting to move and they may be getting a revised delivery date soon once they know when the modifications can be done on their aircraft and they can start flight testing. A team at Boeing will be working on the backlog of aircraft to modify those awaiting delivery. I don't expect Thomson will be having a delivery for another couple of months yet due to the backlog of aircraft and the amount of testing that needs to be done pre-delivery, but it's a step in the right direction. I'll post more when I have it.

Darren

Just seen this.... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/10007070/Boeing-given-green-light-to-resume-Dreamliner-flights.html
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
I'm hearing on the grapevine that the FAA will be announcing that the redesigned battery and battery containment system will be certified on April 19th leading to the lifting of the grounding order on the 787-8 Dreamliner on 24th April 2013. This doesn't mean airlines will be permitted to fly on that date, this will only be possible once the modifications are implimented so will take a while as there are 50 grounded aircraft worldwide. Boeing are saying this will take around 6 weeks. The first is set to be Ethipoian Airlines who are set to resume 787-8 flights from 27th April as a Boeing team is in Addis Ababa ready to work on the aircraft. This is good news for Thomson Airways, things are starting to move and they may be getting a revised delivery date soon once they know when the modifications can be done on their aircraft and they can start flight testing. A team at Boeing will be working on the backlog of aircraft to modify those awaiting delivery. I don't expect Thomson will be having a delivery for another couple of months yet due to the backlog of aircraft and the amount of testing that needs to be done pre-delivery, but it's a step in the right direction. I'll post more when I have it.

Darren

FAA press release.
http://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=14554
Please could you tell me what aircraft we will be on flying from Manchester to Montego Bay on 16th May (TOM162)

Thanks

Richard
richck,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-MBJ-MAN (TOM162/3) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. They use gate 19 at Montego Bay. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Sunaddict wrote:

Nice to see my source was correct. You hear things first on HT!!!

Darren
hi
flying to Domician Rep on the 28 june
What type of aircraft will we be on
thanks RG
ravelglen,

Which departure airport? Are you flying to Puerto Plata or Punta Cana? Flight number? I'm assuming it's LGW-PUJ-LGW (TOM050/1)? This flight is operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
The wait is finally over. Thomson Airways new in-flight linghaul service:
All passengers will benefit from a new upgraded meal service offering delights such as traditional favourites Roast Beef Dinner & International styles such as Thai Red Curry. The kids meals have also been revamped to hit the spot!

In Premium Club pamper packs have been revamped too! With new high end designed products to enjoy.

Premium Coffee company Starbucks have joined forces with Thomson to create the ultimate partnership. Starbucks Coffee & Hot chocolate will be able to be purchased inboard during the bar service between meals price £2.60 each Sterling.

Both the Premium & Economy Club entertainment system have been upgraded so everyone can enjoy the 'on demand' function - enableing you to pause & rewind the programmes you want to watch! FREE

Entertainment Listings for Summer 2013 Issue1:

Outbound Blockbuster;
The Hobbit

Inbound Blockbuster;
Les Miserables

Outbound Movies;
Oz The Great & Powerful
Guilt trip
A monster in Paris
Broken city
Argo
Life as we know it
Yes man

Inbound movies;
Wreck it Ralph
Parental guidance
Parker
Playing for keeps
Gangster squad
Hitcock
Date night
Rio

Also available both outbound/inbound;
Inception
What happens in Vegas
Wall Street
Percy Jackson & the Olympian

TV channels;
Live at the Apollo
Downton Abbey
One direction
Sadie J
2 & a half men
Premier league
Africa
Garrows Lewis

90 Albums available on the CD channel
10 Radio channels
6 interactive games

All this to look forward to on Thomson Airways Longhaul flights
Can someone please clarify if you can select seats using an ipad? I'm asking because I did this last September while on holiday in NYC for a flight in November to LPA, but someone asked this on the Thomson Dreamliner blog & the answer from them was that you can't.

Unless something has changed since 6 months ago? I'm asking because I will be away again when I need to select seats & don't particularly want to take my laptop.

Thanks,

gaz
gaz68,

I've never tried selecting seats using an iPad, but I believe the software isn't supported. Why not give it a try and report back?

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
gaz68,

I've never tried selecting seats using an iPad, but I believe the software isn't supported. Why not give it a try and report back?

Darren

Well the thing is as I've said, is that it worked perfectly fine in September when I was away. Just wondering why someone on the Thomson Dreamliner blog said no.

I'm not going to the DR till November so maybe others can try it & see if it's still possible.

Thanks again,

gaz
we are flying from gatwick to punta cana on fri 28/6/13
sorry Darran I should have put the info on my last post
thanks RG
Yes it's possible, it definately works I have used my iPad several times to select my seat numbers.

TUI, seem to have difficulty with apple products and getting their internal systems up to date, a lot of the functionality doesn't work for staff so that is why a blogger probably assumed there would be similar problems
The customer end... That isn't the case.
gaz68 wrote:
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
gaz68,

Darren

Well the thing is as I've said, is that it worked perfectly fine in September when I was away. Just wondering why someone on the Thomson Dreamliner blog said no.

I'm not going to the DR till November so maybe others can try it & see if it's still possible.

Thanks again,

gaz

I have used my iPhone to do it so I guess it's the same software on both devices.
gaz68 wrote:
Can someone please clarify if you can select seats using an ipad? I'm asking because I did this last September while on holiday in NYC for a flight in November to LPA, but someone asked this on the Thomson Dreamliner blog & the answer from them was that you can't.

Unless something has changed since 6 months ago? I'm asking because I will be away again when I need to select seats & don't particularly want to take my laptop.

Thanks,

gaz

Yes. I did it this morning. :D
Although does mean my holiday will be over in 90 days time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.