Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Somebody must know the IFE for may by now surley? I want to know whats on and if i need to download anything to my ipad to meep me busy lol.
noooooobs,

It won't be released until the end of the month (for May / June). I'll update the link on our What Aircraft? guide as soon as I get it.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
noooooobs,

It won't be released until the end of the month (for May / June). I'll update the link on our What Aircraft? guide as soon as I get it.

Darren

No probs, im just impatient ;)
Darren - Dont think its the same flight, as maddave as we fly Tuesday 11th June, I think he flies Friday 21st June? We come back on 21st June.
denny.53,

That's why flight numbers are useful, please post them if you have them as there are 4 flights. The Tuesday flight that you're on should be TOM512/3? That is scheduled to be operated by Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul) between 7th May and 15th October. The last 2 flights of the summer season, 22-29th October, are operated by Boeing 737-800.

Darren
Update and info on my seat plan issues for TOM436/7.

The seat plans finally came live today 26 days late but hey ho, the seat plan was in a 2-3-2 configuration and 43 rows in total. This isn't the 2-4-2 I was expecting for the 767-300v4

I can't see any Jetairfly or Thomson 767 in that config? Have/are they re fitting one or have they loaned another aircraft from someone else.

ideas anyone?

Anyway have my seats 1A/C booked now so I can chill out a bit

Dave
maddave25,

The short haul Boeing 767-300/ER seat plan is linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below). It sounds like the Jetairfly configuration to me has been assigned to your flight though that differs from the regular short haul, hence the delay in releasing the seat plan as suspected.

Darren
Yeah I think I have just found it JetairFLy (00-TUC) has the 43 row 2-3-2 config
It does have 63 comfort seats which I assume will be retro fitted to a standard Thomson configuration.

dave
Thanks Darren, sorry for not putting flight numbers on but I was at work and didnt have them to hand. I thought it would be enough to say it departed at 7am.

Apparently its 2-3-2 layout and I've booked extra space seats 2 A&B.
denny.53,

It's the Jetairfly 763 that's been brought in for the summer that's operating your flight, see maddave25's post above.

Darren
After receiving confirmation that we had booked seats 2A&B on Tom 437 Antayla-Manchester on 21st June, we have now been informed we have seats 11J&L.
Are these still extra space seats.? And why do you think they may have been changed?
denny.53,

Possibly double booking? Row 11 J/L should be the bulkhead row at the front of the centre cabin, so extra legroom if that's what you've booked.

Darren
Thanks Darren,

Apparently it now the Jetairfly763 (as you said, but wasn't when we booked the seats.)

Seats2B doesnt exist and arent extra legroom on the ATL-MAN leg
11J&L are 2 together, as you say at the front of the centre cabin. -( there are no B or K seats) hence why maddave has booked 1A&C which are 2 together at the very front of the plane.
I called to book extra leg room seats and was told I will have to try 1 week before departure as there is no availability on the return flight and they won't let you book extra leg room one way apart from 7 days before scheduled departure for some reason.

When I asked where the extra leg room seats where I was told row 11 so yes your seats will be extra leg room.

Dave
Yes I was told row 11A&C + J&L and all of row 20?
denny.53 wrote:
Yes I was told row 11A&C + J&L and all of row 20?

Row 11 A/C, J/L being the bulkhead seats and row 20 overwing exit row.

Darren
I'm hearing on the grapevine that the FAA will be announcing that the redesigned battery and battery containment system will be certified on April 19th leading to the lifting of the grounding order on the 787-8 Dreamliner on 24th April 2013. This doesn't mean airlines will be permitted to fly on that date, this will only be possible once the modifications are implimented so will take a while as there are 50 grounded aircraft worldwide. Boeing are saying this will take around 6 weeks. The first is set to be Ethipoian Airlines who are set to resume 787-8 flights from 27th April as a Boeing team is in Addis Ababa ready to work on the aircraft. This is good news for Thomson Airways, things are starting to move and they may be getting a revised delivery date soon once they know when the modifications can be done on their aircraft and they can start flight testing. A team at Boeing will be working on the backlog of aircraft to modify those awaiting delivery. I don't expect Thomson will be having a delivery for another couple of months yet due to the backlog of aircraft and the amount of testing that needs to be done pre-delivery, but it's a step in the right direction. I'll post more when I have it.

Darren
Good news! Starting May 2014, Thomson (Airways) will be lauching flights / holidays from Gatwick to Mauritius, and bringing back Gatwick / Manchester to Puerto Vallarta (Mexico). All flights are operated by Boeing 787-8. Further details are on Thomson's website.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.