Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
..........do you think that when the work is completed they'll take the opportunity to partly pedestrianise some or all of it.....and line it with those concrete "football" bollards ( aren't they just crying out to be painted with "smiley" faces ) that seem to be popular......

And what's going to happen to all the bus routes in that area......and the access to the market.......well, I'm sure that it's all been carefully planned...... :roll:
Market street is still accessible, as is access to the Orlando street, but its chaos all over with traffic being diverted round the back of Sky Park (now closed down) along the side of the motorway and then along to San Eugenio.

Pedestrianise!!!? :shock:

No way its a main thoroughfare
Hi makum, did you say the sky park has closed down? Is it being refurbished or shut for good?
I believe they are still advertising raffles, the evening show, but it lost its licences for the big rides like the bungee thing. Someone told me last week it had shut because of financial losses.

I'll go down and check this week for you.
Hi

We own an apartment in the Garden City complex which looks out onto the Bouganville Playa. Can anyone tell me when the building/pedestrian work along side of there will be finished because although I havent seen it myself for a few months people are telling me that our balcony is forever filled with dust from the works across the road. I am sure it will be an improvemnet when it is done.

Regards

Peter
Oops cannot spell Garden.......
Hi

The works are now creeping round by the main entrance of the Boug. But the bulk of the dusty work is done.

Interestingly in San Eugenio they have DEMOLISHED :shock: a building near the Chippy, that's in the way of their pipe laying path! So it looks like this area now has building work on two fronts. :cry:
Will St Eugenes bar be affected by the disruption
We are going to Garden City tomorrow, hope we are not too affected by these road works.what is the weather like now?
Hi makum, did you say the sky park has closed down? Is it being refurbished or shut for good?

According to this weeks Island Connections, the Skypark is closed for the winter. It will re-open on May 1st.
I seem to remember it closed for winter last year as well.
Garden City isn't really affected at all. Not sure about dust pollution but i was at the hospital next door and it seemed dust free.

Eugenes bar is still open. The road is closed from right outside the bar entrance down the hill. Should make for a safer crossing. Ive seen loads of people getting knocked over on the Zebra over the last year!
makum, just wandering if staying at Flamingo or La Pinta how to get in, is there area for taxi drop off.
helenrad

I have spoken to the people who are in my apartment today and they say the weather is beautifull at the moment, and that the dust has settled down and is having no effect on the Garden City Complex. Hope you have a good time there and come back on and tell us what you thought of it.

I am still trying to find out how long those works along side the Bouganville are going to be on for. Has anyone got any information on this or know where i can get it from.

Regards

Peter
Wee Puddock:

The road is blocked to traffic but I managed to "drive round the concrete blocks" and continue, but then turned round at La Pinta once i realised the exit by Eugenio's was also blocked. Presently its just the road that's blocked nothing has been dug up. However when work starts you wont be able to get near La Pinta. A similar situation is currently affecting the Gran Tenerfe Hotel. We see people wheeling their cases down the path about 100 yards to where the roadworks end. Its as far as the bus can get. If its going to be like Pablo Canarias area then bring a hard hat! Time will tell.

Spaniard:
The Boug works were scheduled to finish
last June :shock: How long is a piece of string? Manana manana dood :wink:
Hi.

We normally use the bus from the airport to the Esmaralda bus stop (opposite the market road). Does anyone know if the buses are going to this bus stop via a different route?

Any idea when this work is expected to finish?

Thanks.
JeanM

The road is open to just past the Esmeralda. They have hastily built a roundabout :shock: at the junction with the street that goes up to the Orlando. the buses may turn around there, which means they still would service your stop.

I go to the Sun Inn for my Sunday Lunch on a Sunday evening, I'll check the bus stop outside the Esmeralda for you to see if there are any signs informing people of anything.

PS. Bless those thoughtful Spanish people... The roadwork signs are in both Spanish and English. The Spanish one says (in Spanish of course) "No Entry except workmen". Then underneath in English is says "ROAD CLOSED BUT WORKERS" :lol: 10 out of 10 for trying.
We normally use the bus from the airport to the Esmaralda bus stop (opposite the market road). Does anyone know if the buses are going to this bus stop via a different route?

The Bus still goes along past the Torviscas Playa and stops opposite the Esmeralda before turning round st "Deans Roundabout" (named as such as its by my mates, Dean's house :wink: ) No worries!
Yeah your right Makum110 the street at the bottom of the hill is awful when the rains have been. And when it dries it is worse. people don't realise what it is that is being thrown up.

But now your telling them all the better.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.