Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Was speaking to a resident in Los Geranios last week and she said that they had done down past Harleys/Flamingo and they had planted the boxes too, seems to have gone very quick with this (for Tenerife) as when I was out in Feb it was a right muddle. Hope this pace of works keep up!!!!
Looking forward to Makum's up date soon.
Can anyone (probably Makum as he is the residential expert !!) give an update on how the poo-dust works are going

I never profess to be an expert on any subject. I just say what I see and provide answers on here for those that ask, based on my observations.

According to a mate who has an estate agents office down in poo dust street; the work is officially 3 months behind schedule.

Most of the work has been completed from the top of the road by San Eugenio junction down the hill past Harley's. Planters need filling and some finishing touches etc and there is still a lot of works traffic gaining entry from the top. Mechanical noise is still evident.

Further down by La Pinta is where they are currently up to. The road is dug up here and in an awful mess. (I would not eat near here). Navigation for pedestrians is not easy and care needs to be taken.

Beyond La Pinta down to the new mini roundabout by the taxi rank is still to be done. So were a long way off. However looking at the top nearly complete section it should be nice.

Remember the main reason for this is to lay massive storm drain pipes as they have done up by the Boug to rid the area from floods. Laying massive pipes means massive excavations!
Apologies if this is a silly question but I was wondering whether these works will affect us staying at the Torviscas Playa? I've tried to work it out on a map but thought it would be easier to ask someone on this forum who knows the area. Thanks
Hi Curly 20,
Pooh dust street is about 1/2KM away from the Torviscus Playa. It just means that to travel from one end of PDLA to the other you have to stay on the motorway for an extra junction. Or if for example you decided to take a taxi to St Eugenes Bar the taxi would have to take the motorway instead.
So the short answer to your question is no it will not really affect you. Don't panic, you have picked an excellent area of Tenerife for your holiday.
Pooh dust street is about 1/2KM away from the Torviscus Playa.
Sorry Nigel but Poo dust street is around the bend from the Torviscas playa and past market street to the new mini roundabout. This is where the works will eventually reach. This is about 500 meters from the hotel entrance, but as there is a bend you wont be grieved with any noise or dust etc.

Or if for example you decided to take a taxi to St Eugenes Bar the taxi would have to take the motorway instead.
Not any more... They have tarmacked and opened the road up that runs up the side of the Orlando Appts to the St Eugenio bridge junction. So now you can get to St Eugenes by taxi without the need to go the long circle route by the back of Sky park and the Mway side road. Taxis take a right at the new mini roundabout toward the Orlando then left up to St Eugenio. However its not far to walk up poo dust street to this area.
Or if for example you decided to take a taxi to St Eugenes Bar the taxi would have to take the motorway instead.

I stand corrected, I didn't know the road past the Orlando had been opened up. :oops:
Pooh dust street is about 1/2KM away from the Torviscus Playa.

Sorry Nigel but Poo dust street is around the bend from the Torviscas playa and past market street to the new mini roundabout. This is where the works will eventually reach. This is about 500 meters from the hotel entrance

I was correct here, 1/2KM = 500 Meters. :wink:
I was correct here, 1/2KM = 500 Meters
oops. Apologies Nigel I thought you meant 1 to 2 KM :oops:

We get there in the end eh? :lol:
Thanks Makum for the update - do you know if the bus from the airport is still going to the Esmaralda/market road - coming down the hill and turning round there. If not, I'll need to make other plans.
Thanks for your help.
When we were there a month ago the Esmerelda/Market bus stop is past the Bahia Princess and half way up that new shopping centre now, which was great for us being at the Jacaranda
Thanks Nigel and Makum, your help is much appreciated. :D
Yes the bus still goes to the Esmeralda and then turns round at the roundabout. :wink:

Have a look on Titsa web site (its in English now) http://www.titsa.com/lineas.asp
I can see the English version of the titsa website is going to give me hours of pleasure!!
I am already foxed by a couple of paragraphs in the "Our Services" section entitled "Taking a walk for -Come To Green". I quote "The temperature is smoothed and we changed the beach by mount", also "We invited to you to download our trip map for adentrarte in a lung of Tenerife". :shock:
I thought the bus in the "Come to Green" section looked like it had crashed!! However, glad to see that:

"Line 445, makes its route in circumvallation by a good number of districts of this locality and connects its neuralgic points"

Presumambly they get you there then, although maybe with a headache? :wink:
I would not eat near here

absolutututly!

Heading for Club atlantis in 3.5 weeks. Just wondering how the poo dust roadworks are coming along now and where not to eat! :D
Yes that website is the funniest . More like Carry-on-Abroad

I like "You either do not forget your camera photos" and " There is no excuse, enjoy the nature, it break with stress and come with us"
UPDATE: 9th Oct 2006.

Poo dust street is open again. :shock: :lol: Cars can once again traverse Torviscas main street but in single lane one way only (from San Eugenio to down the hill to Torviscas.

The road works near the top end are all but done. La Nina is now clear but and its one BEEEEEEEEEEG but...

The bottom end of the main street outside the Esmeralda is now one almighty hole. This has now become a 'T' junction for the storm drainage and the road to the Sunset bay is non accessible. Its distributed the street so much that the Tugeste bubngalows looks to have shut with a sign on the office gates. (I'll double check on this).

A little further on by the bend where the junction is that takes you down to where the market used to be is also a deep hole that hugs the side and rear of the Torvisvcas Playa. If that wasn't bad enough the front of the Torviscas player is a death trap for pedestrians. The have closed off half the width of the road to "pedestrianise" it and now the poor pedestrians have to meander from side to side over flimsy wooden boards placed over great crevasses in the road. While i was walking this route I and about 6 others ended up hemmed in BEHIND the tall wire mesh fence that was supposed to keep us away from danger!

I dont like to print bias but I would not be too chuffed to be arriving at the Tirviscas Playa or the Esmeralda during the month of Oct or Nov.

The roadworks end at the Fanabe / Torviscas junction and 'half baked' roundabout. This is now also affecting the Bahia Princess hotel, but to a far lesser extent that the other two - for now anyway.

For the Esmeralda; Access (or lack of) is the main fault, but expect dust and noise by the pool; and balconies.

Torviscas Palya: This hotel is now surrounded by deep excavations that loop round the side and hug the tall paramita wall at the rear. To the front is a maze for both cars and pedestrians. V Dangerous and no longer well lit during the night as lamp posts have been removed during work!

The Bahia Princess: Work is now starting to be done in the small narrow lane between themselves and the Torviscas Playa. Not looking good for an xmas hol there I'm afraid.

Sunterra 'Sunset Bay': Road access now from San Eugenio then down past the Orlando ONLY! The road and paths leading to the Esmeralda from the Orlando past the Tugeste Bungalows is gone, replaced with a deep abyss that will creep up toward the pipe intersection behind the Orlando.

Tugeste Bungalows. :shock: Contact your agent is my advice . I'll read the notice if I can find out to get to the other side of the road to do so! Looks mothballed to me. Chairs stacked on roofs no sign of life, gardens overgrown etc etc.

Subnterra Sunset harbour: OK once you have navigated to it... For now.

Hope that helps

Makum110
Your man in Exile
Hi Helen Rad;

I still cant send PM's on here :cry:

So in reply to your PM to me...

You're behind the Esmeralda and Sunset bay and should not receive too much disturbance in your residence. However the whole area around this hotel is affected and you will encounter "it's a Knockout" type obstacles when out and about walking... anywhere :?
Hi Makum,

Am I right that there is no possebillity to park my car near the place where the market used to be and at the parking near th Moonlight bar? :shock:
We often used to have a meal at Bahamas II and take the car....
Yes you still can...

Drive down market street and then down behind the Torviscas playa as usual. Its the wide foot path next to the road that now has the large deep abyss dug into it.

You can only get there from San Eugenio as the entire main street is now one way, and watch out on the street to the Moonlight as pedestrians (those lucky enough to have made it from the main street) will be using the road too as their footpath is no more!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.