Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi All

We are off to Tenerife on the 2nd January, staying at the Vulcano. I received a letter from the company i booked the hotel with, stating that we should be aware that there is disruption in the area due to roadworks!!!!!!

Does anyone know if this is true or have they got confused with the roadworks going on elswhere in PDLA.

Any info would be very much appreciated.

Darlio

:glynis
This is nowhere near the Torviscas Poo Dust Street works.

I drove past the Vulcano tonight and the only works nearby is the new business centre called "Zentral". The building is up and they are kitting it out on the inside. I'll see what i can find out tomorrow.
makum the only works i can think of are zentral center which is almost finished, and also down at the la siesta - colon pathway which is completed. neither of these areas should affect your stay at the vulcano :D
We passed the Vulcano several times last week, never seen a barrier never mind roadworks
they are finishing off zentral center which is accross the road from the vulcano and has a few barriers up but should not affect their stay in any way:)
...and a crane hoisting fittings up to the top floors. but as Scotlad says its nout to worry about.
drove my it again today and it is finishing touches, nothing else:)
Crane still there at Zentral Centre hoisting up sections of fire escape. Bus stop to Las Americas and beyond still operational there. No works on Vulcano side.
I intend staying as Club Atlantis on 27th December, no car this time, getting a taxi. Will access to the apartments be difficult to get to as they seem to be right by the road works? The thought of having to lug a heavy suitcase several hundred yards may encourage me to ditch some of the clothes I intended taking (I always take far too much stuff anyway!). It would just be nice to know so an update would be useful, thanks.
Hi Spindles,its me again. I can answer this question from you cos I have just returned from staying around the corner from Club Atlantis.
You will not be affected by these roadworks - the road is being dug up from the top of the street where St Eugenes bar and the Irish Fiddler is situated down to La Pinta hotel and beyond. Your street is fully accessible for taxis and for walking up to the shopping centre at San Eugenio or down to the port.
I'm sure you will have a good time there.
Great, that's ajust what I wanted to know - will have to remember not to breath if there's a lot of dust about though!!!
Dont even think you will be affected by dust at all, honestly you will be fine :D
Looks like the street running from San Eugenes bar past the La pinta is going to be a one way street.They are laying paving slabs down both sides,dotted at intervals by bays too small to take cars but large enough to be bays for plants,some just large enough for delivery vans,with a central section wide enough to take one way traffic.A similar set up to what theyve done by the Conquistador.Which way will the flow be? Me thinks it will be San Eugene to the Esmeralda.
Yes I was told its going to be one way only, going as far as past La Nina and entrance to Santa Maria etc so it will certainly improve the area.
Making this road one way leading away from the San Eugenio shopping centre down to the Esmeralda would make perfect sense. It is a very nasty road to cross.
Making this road one way leading away from the San Eugenio shopping centre down to the Esmeralda would make perfect sense.
Yes when you look from the perspective of the pedestrian tourist. However...

Adeje council have recently had complaints including ones from the emergency services about the fact that to get someone to hospital from Torviscas or west of, to San Eugenio now takes a you up through Torviscas Alto, San Euginio Alto, back toward the back of sky park and along toward Eugenio by the boug is putting lives at risk.

In Reply the council have assured that the works are temporary to allow the storm drains to be installed and the road works will be changing throughout the year as work progresses.

Apparently they have told business premises down by the Tucan that they can expect their section of road to be dug up next may.

I cant see them restricting access one way on this main road as its such an important link route. However this IS Adeje council... Stealth is their middle name :wink:
Hi, I agree with you about the problems Makum, however the council have a big board up opposite Los Geranios showing a picture of the street as it will supposedly look and it def shows one way. The buses at the moment are going via Fanabe along little bit of slip road adjoining motorway at back of skypark and then back down the road past the Rumpot back to the bus stop outside Verdes to then carry on as usual to LC etc so they might be planning on that being the route for all traffic eventually?
Yes that's the way we all have to go. But set off from Torviscas alto and you can no longer go over the bridge to that road. Instead you have to go to the under pass road further along the M way toward Adeje and down to the Jacaranda Hotel, then join the horrendous queue to get back up to the m way / back of sky park. Keep an eye on that board. I think It may soon be replaced with a different one if the local press have anything to do about it.

When the traffic is backed up in both lanes the ambulances simply cant go anywhere. There is no alternative route anymore. This is whats causing the complaints.

Time will tell.
Oh right, I'm with you about the problems from that end now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.