UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
I stayed in the Harrogate travel lodge in the past and if you want any sleep, forget it espeically in a front facing room. Why? Because of all the clubs around it. It's ok if you are young and want to go out clubbing but not as fun if you need to sleep. Although like someone else I got trapped out of my room on the 2nd night and had to get my card reswipped.

That said, I've stayed in 3 (I think 3?) travellodges and they have alll been clean etc.
Travelodge have a massive sale on from today, rooms between December and February £9.00

:( We booked 2 rooms at Gatwick for January at £29 each, oh well never mind :) still going to Luxor.
That's handy to know, sometimes I use them in January, so that is worth knowing :)
Tarry,
If you complain to the Manager about not being able to get any sleep they usually refund the nights money.
HI Kiltman,
We also booked a room in January at Gatwick but paid 39. Going to Luxor also.
It was quite a while back, and I got to sleep after the clubs closed I guess?
Hi there everyone, just 'provisionally' booked the Travelodge in Torquay. Only room available is an 'ambulant family room'. I know if I ring they will fob me off with something. Has anyone stayed in one and if so what is it like?

Many many thanks :tup
Hi there
We have stayed in a family room,they weren't ambulent though. The family rooms we stayed were ok we have used TL a few times. You have a double bed with a sofa that has a bed that pulls out (like a drawer ) underneath like those guest beds. Open wardrobe, desk with tea making facilities. We have always found the rooms comfortable.

Dawnie-Rob :wave
Ambulent rooms are the disabled access rooms. Probabaly very much the same as standard family rooms with a larger bathroom for wheelchair access, lower door handles, etc.
Just returned from visiting family and stayed again at the Stansted Great Dunmow Travelodge. £9 per night and the room was OK this time (unlike our previous disaster) We asked to be moved from our allocated room on the breaker's yard side :really as , last time, they started work at 7am. We were moved to a room at the front of the hotel but this also has it's problems with a noisy road outside and the inevitable early morning departees (4am) on their way to Stansted airport.
£3 to park for 24 hours as the car park is run by Brittania parking, a private firm.
We didn't avail ourselves of the hotel breakfast or meals as there is a 24 hour Tesco not far away on the Woodlands roundabout.
Just booked a room for May on a flexible rate for Manchester. Always waited for deals before but got Hubby tickets for Peter Kay for Xmas and was worried about them selling out. Am I right that if we decide to book somewhere else (make a weekend of it) I can get a full refund and if there was an offer I could rebook at the better price and cancel original booking.

Thanks
Just back from the Travelodge Broad St in Birmingham , must say a very enjoyable stay booked in straight away, nice clean room, clean sheets towels etc ... very handy for the Rep theatre we went to see Dickens ... A Christmas Carol very good show really gets you in the Xmas spirit. Hotel is within a few mins walk of the very popular German Xmas market really have no complaints surrounded by bars and restaurants and a handy Sainsburys Xpress just across the road . The hotel has a car park at the rear just £6 for 24 hrs not bad in a city centre. Already booked for a Spring break at the Travelodge Euston London got it at £22 a night bargain . Birmingham has such a lot to offer please give it a try cheers Paddy
RE Travel Lodge breakfast..... I personally would get yourself something from the shops the night before as the breakfast is pretty dissapointing!
I'd recommend the following travelodges:

Worthing, Brighton, Eastbourne - All by the sea
Leamington Spa, Windsor - Central in interesting towns.
Oxford - Near the park and ride.
Also Canterbury A2. While not a lot there (service station) it is handy for a stop off before catching an early ferry.
Clacton Central Travelodge is a great place to stay its in walking distance of Clacton town centre and also close to the beach.
this is a wonderful and great hostel because i have made double booking and e-mail to ask for refund and they allowed for it =) god blessed...thumbs up..
Just back from the Gants Hill, Ilford Travelodge where we booked 2 rooms for £12 each for one night.Bargain (or so I thought ) We have stayed there before and it was dire then (mould, dirty carpet, dirty bathrooms etc) but oh boy this surpassed it. On arrival our 2 family rooms had one double bed in each.Hmm...there were 3 of us for one of the rooms. Went back down to disinterested receptionist who gave us 2 different rooms. One had a trail of what looked like urine running along the floor by the toilet , the other stank so strongly of weed that my 20 year old daughter ran out complaining of a headache. After inhaling deeply (I needed it at this stage) I went back to reception and was told that there were no other clean rooms as the cleaners were off 25th and 26th and some rooms hadn't been made up.She did give us a bottle of industrial strength air freshener though ! As we were on our way out we left the windows open and fortunately the smell had gone by the time we got back. Only stay at this Travelodge if your relatives don't have room in their garden shed because believe me it would have been preferable. Travelodge, you should hang your heads in shame.The place needs condemning.
The Travelodge sale started today with rooms from £10.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.