Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Water in Spain
8 Posts
I'd say it depends on what you're like. I've drank the local tap water in the Canary Islands and never come to any harm. If it's something you're worried about then play safe and buy the bottled stuff marked 'sin gas'.
as a regular to the area i have never had any problem with the water.
i do drink bottled water with meals, but i drink the con gas stuff -ie fizzy water - purely through choice. i dont even drink the water in the uk, preferring to drink fizzy here as well.
as regards ice - well i have this in all my drinks and the only thing it seems to do is give me a headache(but that may be the vodka).
if you have doubts then you are probably best to buy bottled water, but to use it for cleaning teeth etc is , i think, over the top.
I go along with Jim, i do buy bottled water for drinking when out and about
but clean my teeth with the tap water also have the ice in my drinks , and eat the salads
never had a problem . But each to their own and you have to do whats best for you .
Thank you for your comments, i'm not so concerned i will probably buy water for drinking but not worry about icecubes or toothbrushing. Thanks everyone :tup
hi,i myself buy bottled water but do not to brush my teeth ice cubes drinks fruit and veg and all there cooking use their water they are ok and many nationalities eat and drink so no there is no problem have a brill hol :)
To keep this on topic I have moved some off topic chatter to the Holiday Chat topic at the top of the forum.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.