Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Arriving on 28th may, is the breeze actually freezing for the locals and tourists or just locals, Isit shorts I'n the day time and Isit ok to venture I'n the sea or Isit to cold, also Isit sunbaving temp, also what's the highest temp you are having at the moment, sorry about all questions but don't want to arrive and have really cold weather or rain alot lol, thanks henry2121
henry2121 wrote:
don't want to arrive and have really cold weather or rain alot

There's not much you can do about that if it was, it's over to mother nature!

Have a look over the last couple of pages as Big Paul and John Toohey are kindly posting daily weather updates. Some of your questions should be answered by them. Water temperatures will still be on the chilly side, it only gets to about 26c at the height of the summer and down to about 20c below the thermocline if you go deep enough (I've dived over there a lot!).

Darren
Hisaronu Koyu near Marmaris

Early one today - I'm off out on the boat fishing.

08.30am local time

Air Temp: 17c
Sunbed Temp: 13.8c

Clear blue sky and sunny start. Wind calm. Looks like a day similar to yesterday.
14:30 9th May Icmeler

Front balcony 26 degrees and back balcony 36 degrees

Clouds coming in from the Dalaman area and the breeze is still keeping the temperature down
we left ichmelor on saturday and it was boiling not sure what the temp was but it got too hot for me, we also went on a boat tripa nd swam in the sea i think you will have no problems late in may.
Anyone got the weather forecast for Antalya from Thursday 12th?
10am Icmeler May 10th

Blue skies and clouds gone

24 back balcony 36 in the morning sun on the front balcony

A slight breeze but looks like another fine day today

11.00am local time

Air Temp: 19.2c
Sunbed Temp: 38.5c

Whispy clouds to start with have now mostly gone and there are blue skies and it is sunny and warm. The breeze is gentle.
smurfitt,

There's plenty of weather sites you can look on if you do a search. Try Wunderground, Metcheck or Big Paul recommends Windguru.

Darren

10.30am local time

Air Temp: 19c

Sunbed Temp: 24c

Cloudy start, warm but with light rain/showers forecast for later.
11th May Icmeler 13:00

Its trying to brighten up a bit now after rain for an hour or so this morning

Thunder rumbling in the distance

Temps 25 degrees
May 12th Icmeler 10am

After last nights awful rainstorms the sky is still full of clouds but temperatures are picking up slightly and are now hitting 28 degrees and hopefully if the sun makes an appearance it will get a lot warmer

11.00am local time

Air Temp: 18.4c
Sunbed Temp: 36.5c

Scattered cloud and a bit breezy. Weak sunshine. Rain yesterday and over night.

11.00am local time

Air Temp: 18.3c
Sunbed Temp: 38.4c

Scattered cloud and sunny. Cool breeze.

Yesterday was very breezy and remained cool right into the evening. Although managed a couple of hours fishing on the boat on a choppy sea but was rewarded with a barracuda for supper! :D
12 noon 13th May Icmeler

26 degrees in the shade and 34 in the sun but the breeze still keeping it cool so beware if you are sunbathing

Blue Skies with Lots of clouds but I don't think it will rain.

I was over at Hisaronu last night and noticed that the wind had warmed a little
14th May 10:30am Icmeler

Clear blue skies and no clouds in sight

could be a hot one today as the temps are now 25 shade and 36 in the sun but the breeze is keeping that down

High factor needed and no doubt there will be a lot of red Brits walking around tonight

11.00am local time

Air Temp: 19.2c
Sunbed Temp: 36.5c

Clear blue sky and sunny. Wind is quite strong and cool. A good day for sunbathing if you can find a sheltered spot out of the breeze.

Yesterday evening the breeze dropped and it felt much warmer.

Off kayaking and snorkelling near Selimiye today.
15th May 08:30 Icmeler

28 degrees this morning and blue skies

Off to Gypsy beach for the day hence the early one.

11.00am local time

Air Temp: 20.3c
Sunbed Temp: 38.5c

Cloudless blue sky, sunny but breezy.

Yesterday after posting clouds built up and so did the wind making it not such a good day! Maybe better today! :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.