Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I did this before we had the power cut so hence the late posting

20th April 10:00 Icmeler

A big difference between the back balcony in the shade and the front in the sun.

Clear bright blue skies with the odd big white cloud.

Back balcony in the shade 18 degrees but the front balcony in the sun a whopping 38 degrees.

Today is market day in Icmeler so there will be a few red noses by the end of the day
Well the nice weather of yesterday never really lasted that long with rain arriving by mid afternoon and carrying on through the night with temperatures dropping to 12 degrees.

This morning a very different day without a cloud anywhere.

10am Icmeler

Clear blue skies and back balcony showing 18 degrees but the front showing a very nice toasty 42 degrees

Time to get the flip flops out and head out into the sun when I get my work done
Hisaronu Koyu near Marmaris

11.00am local time

Air Temp: 16.3c
Sunbed Temp: 36c

Scattered clouds but sunny and warm. Gentle breeze.

Thunder storm yesterday at 4pm and rain all into the evening.
Not to go off topic but what job do you do John?

Must be nice to work in a warm climate lol
A glorious day in Gumbet today, spent the day on the beach. Sea still a little chilly but some hardy folk were swimming!

Jak xx
Hi Sunseeker

Click the link under my name and you will see what I do here

I have been a member here for 9-10 years now but have been really busy of late so never had time to post as much.

Will try to make amends
22nd April Icmeler 9am

Clear blue skies this morning without a trace of cloud but temps dropped to 12 degrees last night.

Back balcony 15 degrees front balcony 29 degrees

Burned the bread in the microwave (don't ask) and burned the omelette and house is full of smoke.

Oh well at least I wont have to do breakfast again

11.00am local time

Air Temp: 16c
Sunbed Temp: 45.3c

Flawless blue sky, sunny and warm. Very gentle breeze with the odd gust.

Showers late yesterday afternoon and into the evening and was chilly.

Maybe I'll take the boat out later and see if I can get a fish supper!
Ref. Jonh Toohey,s job, i clicked on the link under your post and it still did not explain what your job was in Turkey?

Alan
Big Paul wrote:
Air Temp: 16c

It was 25c (air temp) on the embankment at Manchester Airport at 1230 before I come home. It's not often it's warmer here than in Marmaris!

Darren
Dazbo - the wind is still a little chilly here, I think that is keeping the air temp down and the cool evenings. Best sunbed temp today was a massive 51.4c. Scorchio :tup
It's been warmer across the whole UK than most of Turkey I'd imagine, BBC reporting what official temps of 20C, compare that to 26C in London, highly unsuual!

11.00am local time

Air temp: 18.3c

Sunbed Temp: 45.7c

Again flawless blue sky, sunny and warm. A little bit more wind today NW which is a little cool. Evenings still cool.
23rd April 12 noon from Bodrum

Weather is nice today with clear blue skies.

No back or front balcony gauges so all guesswork.

Shade I would say 20 degrees and full sun 30ish.

Off to Gumusluk for a walk around and to sample the sea food so I hope the weather lasts

I am a travel agent
good morning

i am going to marmaris on monday 2nd may till 17th may , i can't wait :yipee .do you think the temps will rise last time i was in turkey in antalya it was touching 30c will marmaris reach the 30c while im there :thanks
Debbi79,

I am sure the majority of your holiday will be wall to wall sunshine. During the day it will be very sunny and warm if you are out and about or sunbathing. High factor suncream is highly recommended if in the sun.
The evenings are still, and will be, a little cool. Although in and around Marmaris it will be warmer in the evenings than out here in the village.
I don't think it will be as warm as Antalya as the temp there is always a little higher than here in the west.

The short term forecast is sun with a chance of rain Weds/Thurs next week, then back to sun. The wind speed looks a little high too and it is chilly in the wind in the evening. It is rather unsettled at the moment and not sticking to the forecast!!

Hey.....it's the weather, who can tell? I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever........have a great time.

11.00am local time

Air Temp: 18c
Sunbed Temp: 40.4c

Cloudless blue sky, sunny and warm. Medium, cool breeze. Going to be a great sunbathing day.

Yesterday the wind picked up here and made sitting outside in the evening chilly.

Spraying our many, many fruit trees and vines.
24th April 12 noon Icmeler

22 degrees in the shade and 36 in the sun but a bit breezy so keep the temperatures down slightly.

Clear blue skies and can only get better
25th April 10 am Icmeler

Blue skies as far as you can see without a trace of cloud.

20 degrees in the shade and 39 in the sun so should warm up nicely later
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.