Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Heavy thundery showers passing just to north of the island, so a dry day with plenty of warm sun for most. Fresh southerly winds bringing above average temperatures. 25/26C. :tongue
Again showers staying to the north for the time being, but a lot of high cloud leading to a bright rather than sunny day. The fresh warm wind continuing. :wave:
Another morning of high cloud in the south but clearing to give a sunny afternoon for all. Still warm and humid. :sun2
The low pressure finally exerting its influence, so after a sunny start, heavy showers breaking out in the afternoon. Remaing warm and humid.

More of the same tomorrow but a better weekend before another low pressure comes along in the middle of next week. :(
A promising start with clear skies but cloud building to give some heavy showers in the afternoon, although drier on the coast with sunny breaks. 23/24C. :think
hi all.

im going to lanzarote for a week in the middle of jan, can anyone advise on the weather please? what sort of clothes shall i take?? wishful thinking is telling me i CAN take bikinis but im guessing not, but is it still t shirt weather or will we need to wrap up a bit warmer?
thanks in advance x
You'll need both Essexgurl. Should be nice and warm in the daytime out of any wind, but it can be chilly at night, so you'll need to bring some warmer clothes for then. Average temperature 23C and 6 hours of sun per day.

A sunny morning, but cloud building and heavy showers breaking out. Warm in the morning but cooler in the afternoon. 24/21C. :(
Cooler and fresher today as low pressure moved away and pressure rose. Plenty of warm sun. 23/24C.

A few nice days before low pressure returns later in the week with showers, but that moving away by the end of next weekend. :wave:
Sunny for all today and a bit warmer with SE winds. OK tomorrow but then low pressure taking over. This one looks like it could be centred nearer the islands this time, so more in the way of rain likely. :(
A bright rather than a sunny day with a lot of high cloud. Warm and humid. 24C. :wave:
A very warm day with temperatures up to 28C. :really

Plenty of sun although turning hazy later as the low pressure approaches. :think
Low pressure now in control, leading to a cooler and windy day. Cloudy in the morning with heavy showers, but clearer in the afternoon with sunny spells, especially in the west.

Ok, prediction time.

It looks like high pressure will dominate the island over the Christmas period, so a nice day for Christmas here. In the UK, there may be a battle between the cold air to the east and milder weather to the west, so every chance of a poor day for the bookies on Christmas day with snow in some places. :really
HI bawbee... im OVER THE MOON at your prediction of high pressure around xmas!.. We aer arriving on th 26th for 1 week.. do you tink we should be having nice weather so?.. is it warm enough for bikini's during the day when its 22/23 degrees??

Tahnking you ! ;)
Don't get too excited yet as it looks as if low pressure could return 2/3 days after Christmas day. :(

It'll certainly be warm enough for bikinis, unless you are around my pool, in which case bikinis are banned! ;) :really :rofl

A day of heavy showers and sunny spells. Still windy but warm for the time of year. :tongue
A build up of cloud in the middle of the day with an isolated shower, but plenty of sun early and late. Still warm. :)
Mainly cloudy and windy today with sunny intervals early and late. Light showers around too. Still warm though. :(
A real summer's day today - sunny and very warm for the time of year with light winds. 25/26C. :sun2 :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.