Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Well that was a short winter! :)
Winds moving to drier easterly direction and skies clearing by the afternoon. Still a cool wind but this will die down to give some great weather over the next few days. :tup
Strong sun all day with a cooling wind. 26C.

Cloudier next week. :(
Clear skies again. Temperatures falling slightly as the first signs of wind change occur. :think
Back to more traditional weather with a few clouds, plenty of sun and a rather cool wind. 24/25C. :sun2
A lot of cloud in the morning, but plenty of sun for most in the afternoon. Just the southeast hanging onto cloud. :cheers
Thanks Neil. Not a very good week here this week, but should be better for you next week. :)

A lot of cloud around today with the odd shower. Best of the sun in the south. Cool and more humid. 23/24C. :(
Again cloudy periods in the morning clearing to a sunny afternoon. :)
Anyone have any thoughts on the most accurate weather forecast websites?
We last visited a few years ago (in Oct) and had a week of rain and freezing weather. We had visited the same week for several years but it put us off a bit as we'd always had fab weather.
We might do a last minute one in Feb but want to keep an eye on the weather first.
Not really rachie-m :) bawbee tells the weather that has been on a particular day, and is pretty accurate on his future forecasts. Trouble with Lanzarote is that there are "micro climates" throughout the island, so different areas can have very varying weather each day!

Feb weather is very unpredicable I'm afraid, so I wouldn't book a holiday on the basis of that alone!!!

I'd like to know what the weather here next week is going to be like! I'd like the chance to get a suntan before I visit the UK next week!!! Not that I will be likely to show it off, if the weather in UK is anything to be believed :)
I use a German website which predicts pressure patterns for the next 10 days. I then use local knowledge to forecast the weather taking into account wind direction and pressure. In the winter though, predicting cloud cover is very difficult, and as Sue says, it can vary from place to place.

Some heavy showers around today, although a few lucky coastal areas staying sunny. More humid. 23C. :(
Less humid with drier NE winds, so less cloud and more in the way of sun. :tup
After a promising start, cloud building in the cool unstable air to give an odd shower. 22C. :(
Cloud more broken today with plenty of sun in the afternoon especially. Fading later as a weak weatherfront approached from the west to keep the rather mixed weather going. :sun2
The weatherfront pushing through with a few showers, leaving a lot of cloud and a few sunny intervals. 22/23C. :cry
The up and down weather continuing with early cloud clearing all but north facing coasts to leave sunny skies. A cool wind. :sun2 :sun2
I am going to fuerterventura monday is the weather the same?? semms a little unsettled at the moment I would ask the question on the other forum but its lets say a little dead :que
Weather not too bad Andy. Some rather cloudy days, but that's expected at this time of year. Little in the way of rain likely.

A lot of high cloud in the morning blotting out the sun at times, but clearing in the afternoon to give sunny skies. Distinctly cool in the wind but warm in the sun in shelter. 21/22C. :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.