Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
:tongue :tongue 48 degrees expected today...its a bit warm like......
:really wow thats Hot!! wish I was over there :( instead of this british weather
We didnt quite make 48 the other day but it has been hovering round the low 40s throughout the week, and a heatwave is expected too :tongue
OMG!
That's HOT! Is it an unbearable heat or is there the usual wee breeze?

12 days and counting. Looking forward to it now. We could all do with the break. Thanx for your kind words Tweetie Pie.

Keep me updated on the weather. :cheers
My garden thermometer registered 55 in the day, and the car said 41 at 10pm !!! It was pretty unbearable, more because it had been here for about 10 days. The "breeze" was like opening an oven door! Still its cooler now, back to the low/mid 30s and its BLISS! :cheers
I always feel a bit chilly in the evenings....guessing i dont need to pack cardis or long sleeves for the evening this year then!
to right looking very forward to sitting at at a nice bar front in a sleeveless top in the evenings :tup
Anyone got an update on the weather? Heading over on Sat afternoon. Forecasts here saying 24 and cloudy today - are they right???? Can't wait................
Its been beautiful of late, since the heatwave packed up and left its been mid and low 30s. Still warm in the evenings.
Hope you have a relaxing holiday

:cheers
Glad the temperatures have dropped a bit I was there during the heat wave, temps were just as Neil said!!!!, we had 3 familys pay extra to go home a week early as they just could'nt handle the heat :yikes .
Sounds ideal! Will be there on Saturday. Can't wait.
Has anyone been to maspalomas around may day time? Is it really hot by then and ok at night for skirt/shorts? Basically is it like normal sunbathing weather? :sun2
hot hot hot...one year it was 45-46 in MAY when we were there(to hot) like the the weather they just had :sun2 :sun2 :sun2 .
Hiya
Has anyone got an update on the weather at the moment? We are arriving on 19th September and hoping for loads of hot sunshine!!

Thanks
Debbie
All good at the moment, crystal clear skies. temps still in the high 30s
Just arrived home on Sunday (reluctantly may I add!!!)

Weather very hot - 1st week actually unbearable - for the 1st time in 20 years of Gran Canaria - I was found under an umbrella!!! Don't know whether it cooled a bit of if we became climatised? Had a brill time in Barcelo Martgaritas. AirCon was a God send. Could not have survived the 2 weeks without it.
Yep that first week was a little warm!certainly didn't need the usual cardi for the evenings!first time ever I haven't sunbathed all day eveyday and replaced wine with water!!still better than the miserable weather back here!
Hi

Can anybody tell me what the weather has been like this last week, we fly out on Saturday (staying in Amadores) and are hoping for lots of sunshine :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.