Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hello there, I'm new to this forum and wished I had found it earlier!

My partner and I are getting married in September at the Cavo Maris hotel in Protaras, and I was wondering if anyone has been there before, or had any tips about getting married abroad out there?

I can't wait to go, and I'm also wondering about the Affidavit that I have to do ? Does anyone know how much this will be roughly? Can I do it myself?

Thanks for any advice you can give!
Hi Jamies_Mummy

I copied this from a couple of people who have done there own you need one each

cost £5 each
Statutory Declaration for Single Persons

Statutory Declaration

My full name is ....................................

I reside at..............................................................

My nationality is ..............................

My occupation is that of .................................

Mt religion is.........................................................

My Passport number is .....................................
I declare that I am of single status and free to contract marriage according to the legal requirements in Cyprus and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835
Signed............................... Solicitor Signature............................

Date.................................... Date....................................
Solicitors Stamp or Seal

this is what i used - you need one each

mine cost £5 each

Statutory Declaration for Single Persons

Statutory Declaration

My full name is ....................................

I reside at..............................................................

My nationality is ..............................

My occupation is that of .................................

Mt religion is.........................................................

My Passport number is .....................................

I declare that I am of single status and free to contract marriage according to the legal requirements in Cyprus and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835

Signed............................... Solicitor Signature............................

Date.................................... Date....................................

Solicitors Stamp or Seal

Hope this helps

Kev
Hi All

I just wanted to let u all know about a great wedding that i have just had in Ayia Napa. I got married in Terra Santa Church Larnaca and had a reception in the Garden of Eden Ayia Napa. The reason everything went so well is simply down to Aphrodite Wedding Services, Jenny, Sandra, Anna and the rest of the girls are all amazing and plan everything so well. I was coming from Ireland so was so worried about paperwork and flowers cakes everything.. but i didnt have to worry about a thing they had it all done so professionally and anything at all i wanted they made it happen i felt like the only person in the world getting married. They really do treat you and your partner like a King and Queen. If anyone would like more info or photos please dont hesitate to email me directly i would be happy to help!

Thanks
Charlene
Hi Charlene

Congratulations, great to hear you had a great wedding. I am getting married at capo bay in sept and we are using jenny at aphrodite so reassuring to hear they are very good. Did you choose your flowers and cake when you got there? would be grateful if you could send me some pics, thanks

Mandy
Hi , we continue to look at the Nissi beacj for our wedding . After emailing the hotel , they gave us a list of our reception options .

As there will only be between 10-20 of us , we like the sound of the Bacchus bar for a champagne reception after the wedding for and hour or so and then we can then sort ourselves for the evening somewhere .

We dont want the big after reception meal etc .

However , does anybody kow what the bacchus bar is like ? we-ve been to Nissi Beach to have a look round several times but i just cant recall whatthis bar looks like . A search on the webfor photos drew a blank ? Otherwise it'll be next year now before we get back out there due to a pending trip to see Mr M Mouse .

any help appreciated

Many thanks
We are now back in the UK and coming down to earth with a bump after our amazing wedding and holiday in Cyprus.

Where shall I start"¦"¦

After a 22.5 hr delay in Manchester we finally arrived in Cyprus (I say Cyprus as a general location as we were meant to land in Larnaca but ended up in Paphos"¦"¦) so we eventually arrived at the Capo Bay hotel just over 24hrs late and extremely frazzled"¦

After a quick check in we were shown to our superior sea view room, with an amazing view over Fig Tree Bay (the balconies are very small in the superior rooms but the rooms are much nicer than the standard rooms which have more balcony space.)

We met with our rep from Weddings In Style (this is the company Libra use for arranging their weddings in Protaras) the Tuesday morning to look through our paperwork and arranged any extras we wanted and a time to be at the Town Hall to sort out our licence. We also met with Katerina at the hotel to discuss our requirements for the reception etc and tasted some of their wines.

Wednesday morning was off to the Town hall, takes about 15 minutes to go through the paperwork and then it was back to the hotel to relax for a couple of days before the big day.

We had a group night out on the Thursday evening where everyone met in one bar and then the girls and boys split up for a mini Hen and Stag do (it dawned on us at this point how big a group we actually were and the butterflies were really kicking in), after a sleepless night (not due to drink I add but feeling sick with nerves) we got up on Friday 1st June to a very cloudy morning in Fig Tree Bay, James managed breakfast and I managed a glass of water"¦"¦ we had decided to spend the morning together and check the reception location just after lunch before splitting up for our getting ready ritual.

We had a spot of lunch and the sun was shining by this point, checked the table layouts and put out our favours etc, then at 2pm we said our farewells and went our separate ways"¦

I had an appointment for hair and make-up which went really well after a few teething problems as she couldn't do the style I originally wanted as I don't have enough hair, anyway all ended well and I was pleased with the results, we got back to the hotel at 4:30 and then up to my room with my Mum to start getting dressed, Sandra arrived with my flowers a beautiful calla lily teardrop bouquet and James's buttonhole to make sure I liked them I put my dress on about 5:20 and then my dad came up at 5:30 and we waited for the phone call to tell us to come down.

As we walked out of the lift towards reception the photographer and DVD lady were waiting and calmed us down, telling us where to walk and to walk slowly as most people rush down too quickly. As we rounded the corner over the bridge over the Koi pond and I saw how many people were waiting I nearly lost the plot, the tears were welling but I avoided eye contact and got myself under control, all I could see everywhere were people with tissues and our wedding coordinator running round handing out tissues.

All those worries and nerves, the ceremony was over in less than 10 minutes and then it was onto the photos, they are amazing, I need to get them scanned so that I can let you all have a peak at the official ones as they are soooooo good.

Our guests moved onto the terrace for welcome drinks while we carried on having photos in the grounds and on the beach (a bonus of a 5:45 wedding, we didn't see any other couples have beach photos as it was too busy, but when we went down it was deserted)

Then it was onto cake cutting, they provide a really nice simple cake design, we had a 2 tier (1 fruit 1 sponge) but not on top of each other, they were laid out side by side. Then onto the meze, please please tell your guests to pace themselves . the food just keeps coming and coming and takes quite a while to get through (it was all absolutely fantastic), we actually were running out of time so after the main courses we slipped in the speeches and had our first dance, then the desserts came out which were more finger desserts so everyone carried on dancing and just stopped every now and then to grab a bite. We never got to coffee and mints, the evening just flew by and at 11pm the music had to stop so we moved the party down into the Pool bar to watch the second half of the England match, I think we finally retired to bed about 2am after trying to find our way back into the hotel as most of the doors had been closed from the inside, I think we woke a few people up as a group of twenty of us trailed from one end of the hotel to the other until we found an open door.

The whole day went by in a blur and we didn't stop grinning from ear to ear all evening.

Hope I haven't bored you all too much. But hope I have put in enough detail to answer any questions any of you have????? My advise is don't spent time fretting over the small details as the ceremony is over so quickly and then you can relax and enjoy"¦"¦

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8462121@N04/540654815/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8462121@N04/540452242/in/photostream/
Hi

aww, your wedding sounds lovely!!

Can I ask something, to anyone who has already got married out there.

How much did you pay for your hair and make up?????
£50 CYP for hair and make up at haircraft in Protaras, expensive but much better than I could have done myself.

£15 CYP for french manicure on nails and toes. Lasts really well, I had mine done on 31st May and hands and feet are still all intact.
welly,

your photos look really amazing, i love the ones of you in the sea! we get married at nissi beach on 9th august. hope it goes as well for us as yours went.

your dress looks fab too, really lightweight. did you manage Ok in the heat?

Jenny
hi there im hoping to get married end of next yr maybe sep october time im wanting to get married in cyprus but ive never been before could anyone give me any ideas on the best part to go or hotels? thanx alot
Hi Jenny,

We had quite a nice light breeze for our wedding at 17:45 so we had no issues with heat, James even kept his suit jacket on for most of the evening, we were expecting him to have to remove it straight after the ceremony.

Not sure how I would have coped with a noon wedding on some of the days we were there there was no breeze and it was scorching.
We got married at Nissi beach hotlel on the 25th May 2007, a fantastic day, we actually booked through First Choice, but in hindsight we wouldnt have bothered. its extremely daunting when you are planning your special day, but the staff at the hotel, are extremely helpful, promp and very particular. the wedding co-ordinator Marios is amazing, and so is Chris, we married under the Gazebo overlooking the nissi bay, at 3pm, the town hall visit was one of our fears when we were thinking of doing it our selves. but as long as you have ALL your relevant origional paperwork which is listed at the back of the brochures, (first choice), there is nothing to worry about. Marios even provided the wording that i would need to use for my stat declaration. we booked the first choice photographer 'george' and the dvd which was brilliant. we had 27 people for our wedding, when we were anounced husband and wife, we had group photos and then just the two of us, he took us all around the beautiful extensive gardens, and onthe rocks overlooking the nissi bay, which look fantastic, all this took about 1.5 hours, we were exhaused. and ready for a drink, we joined our guest who were waiting outside under the terrace/ambrosia for champagne and decided on the alcholic fruit punch which had approx 65 glasses worth. The two tier cake we decided on was profiterols and traditional sponge, profiterols was amazing. we had a mini toast, and a catch up and before we knew it we were being picked up by a limo to take us to have sunset photos...it was magical, it gave us time to catch up, and let things sink in, just the two of us..We realise over in this country a lot of people use limos but over there its still a big novelty. we drove round for 1 hour sipping champagne and getting giddy, whilst we were away, my brother took our guests onto the beach for some novelty photos, (he is a professional photographer by trade), brides maids running down beach, and laying in the sand, the backdrop for the photos are brilliant, the beach by this time was empty, and the sun was just about to set....when we arrived back from our photos the guests were waiing for us, at the Nissi Taverna, it was beautifully decorated, with long white drapes seperating the large area, the vertical surport posts/beams had white lace wrapped around them, and we ordered extra flower displays for the tables, we acutually ordered them from Adams beach, very reasonalble and they delivered them on the dot. we booked a dj through the hotel, the music stayed on until 12, then we stagggered home. all 20ft as we were staying at the beach bungalow suite, massive, with a full sized patio and full wooden patio set, looking onto the gardens and about 80 foot away was the sea!!! We booked my hair at haircraft in Protaras Helen, she did an amazing job, and would recommend her to anyone, in the same shop her collegue did my makeup, i looked amazing. Marios can arrange everything for your wedding, if i was to do it again, which i dont intend to, i would definately book direct with the Nissi beach hotel and use Marios and Chris,sorry for boring all of you, but i think it may help, please feel free to ask any questions, oh and the barachus bar is the bar with the rounded chairs on the left hand side as you walk through the reception into the gardens. (its where all our guests met before the wedding...
Wow its looks & sounds amazing!

We fly out on Sunday to Nissi Bay, staying & getting married at Adams Beach. Really excited but very nervous as well now :)

Did you have your reception venue's booked before you went over?
Hi Ali son

Yes we contacted Marios direct, we were actually going to book the Rondavel, he main wedding area, overlooking the bay, but that was already booked, that was beginning of the year, when we asked First choice they told us we could decide where we wanted our reception when we got there!!!! its a good job we didnt listen to them, the second choice was the Taverna and like i said they really dressed it up lovely, good luck with your wedding, the Adams beach hotel is a lovely hotel, pricey on the drinks though, but an amazing pool area, our best man and his wife (our bridesmaid stopped there), :D
Hi Ali son

Regarding your wedding recepetion, the nissi beach hotel may be different, as regards of getting booked us, you could possibly email them now, for a list of reception areas within the hotel, if thats what you would like, i have not spoke to many who have booked before for that hotel, when we did meet with first choice on our second day, they had a list of alternative restaurants that we could have booked. i know each hotel has a different list, we were on holiday at protaras last august so had time to have a look at some of them, each very different, dont forget its your day and dont worry about everyone else... i was panicking even about the colour of ribbons on my favours, i must have been mad, honestly, just go with the flow, you will have a ball....
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of getting married at Capo bay and am even more sure now after reading all the reviews on here. If any one has anymore infomation on the hotel and there weddings it would be appreciated. Also if any one has any pictures they would not mind sharing I would love to see them.

Has anyone used Medweds to organise their wedding? I have their brochure and it look lovely, just wondered if anyone can recommend them.

K
Bloody hell First Choice havin a bad day over on the east side of cyprus as well.

Pinkk23 I am playing at the Capo Bay at a wedding on the 28th June so drop me a line & I'll let you know how it went

Kev
anybody having favours, if so are you bringing them with you or getting them over there. will you be giving the mothers corsages and bouquets of flowers during the meal. will you be giving the bridesmaids and groomsmen gifts. its so hard to seperate what is appropriate for a wedding abroad and what you leave behind.
so far i have some hand held fans for the ceremony and i hope to have a free bar for the gueats. i bought the bridesmaids shoes and jewellery and of course their dress and hair. not sure if they would expect something else official, maybe a voucher? not sure what to do about the two groomsmen at all.
not sure whether i would be expected to provide bouquets for the two mothers either, i would if it was a wedding at home with 150 gueats but its not.any body got some feedback or suggestions?
:) Hi everyone

We are getting married at Yeroskipou Town Hall in May next year and have already booked with First Choice. We are staying at the Holiday Village Aliathon in Paphos. We have given them two preferred dates for when we would like to get married, but they say it could take up 8 weeks to confirm one of these dates. Bit of a bummer as our wedding party want to book their accomm etc fairly soon as well to ensure they get the same accomm as us. Most of our guests will only be coming out for a week so we have suggested a wedding date that is right in the middle of our stay to ensure that all guests can make the big day.

Pinkk23 - We were really interested in using Medweds to organise our wedding day. We emailed them for a tailor made quote and although they acknowledged our email have still not got back to us 3 weeks later. Also looking at their wedding packages it seems to be overpriced! We were willing to pay over the odds just for the reassurance that absolutely everything is taken care of for us but we must say that no email reply does not bode well in ensuring that everything runs smoothly!

We decided to let First Choice sort the wedding but will be in the dark for about 8 weeks until we get their wedding package details. Has anyone got any experience with using First Choice to sort their wedding? Are they helpful? Also if anyone has any pics of Yeroskipou Town Hall we would really love to see them. Can you arrange for the guests to be seated there or is it standing room only?

Vicki
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.