Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
We got married at the Aeneas Hotel in Ayia Napa on 23rd May and we had an absolutely fantastic time.

We arranged everything ourselves and it was really simple to do. This is more information on who we used, how much things cost and what we thought of them rather than a report - I hope it helps someone.

On our first day in Ayia Napa we went a walk along Nissi Ave and I seen a hairdressers Annas Hair (or something) so went in there and she showed me pics of hair that she had done for weddings. She is actually based in Nissi Beach Hotel in the mornings doing wedding hair there so when she said that I knew she would do a good job.

My trial was 10cyp and on the day I paid 100cyp for three adult BMs and myself. On the day we went to Nissi Beach Hotel to get our hair done by Anna there.

I also got my nails done in Annas salon too and the girl that did my nails does the nails for both Adams Beach and Grecian Bay it was 28 cyp for my nails

The Aeneas Hotel is a beautifull hotel accross the road from the Adams Beach Hotel. Prior to booking anything I emailed all the hotels in Protaras and Ayia Napa and asked them to send me details of their packages with pics of the venue and decided on the Aeneas. Thasos at the hotel is really nice and very helpful. When I first went to look I was worried that it might be too near the pool but it really isn't at all.

We got married outside on the grounds of the hotel and it was beautiful. We had 31 guests so we decided to have both the meal and a party in the hotel. The meal was also outside in the marquee, the hotel sets up the tables with covers, napkins, flowers, chair covers etc (think it's pretty standard in the hotels in Cyprus). We were worried that it would be unbearably hot for everyone but surprisingly it was nice and cool and even the men in their kilts weren't too hot!!

The disco afterwards was also outside so we had the hotel from 2.30pm to 12.00am. The dj that the hotel provides, Nicos, is fantastic I can't praise him enough. At the end of the night we did the usual Scottish RunRig Lochlomond.....then the DJ told us it wasn't over yet and showed us how to do the Greek Zorba so we all had to do that, it was funny.....and finally the DJ got all the guests to stay in the circle and one at a time to come in to me and hubby to thank us for inviting them to our wedding but they were to do it in their best dance moves, it was a great touch and had us doubled up laughing. He really made it a fantastic night the music he played all night was great.

The meal was 18cyp per head and we chose....cyprus ham with pineapple in a fromage frai, creamed vegetable soup with bread rolls (they kept going around to ask if anyone wanted more rolls), roast beef in gravy with vegetables and potatos, a mango icecream thing that was delicous, tea, coffee and little cake biscuit things!! We were stuffed and the meal was delicious. You can get them to basicaly make up a menu with anything you want.

Kids got a hamburger in a burger bun, chicken nuggets, pizza and chips!!! In fact my FG said "is this a joke am I supposed to eat all of that!" -

The drink package was 2cyp...there was bottled water on the tables, they brought around red wine and white wine but if anyone didn't want wine they could ask for something else.

The DJ was 300cyp but so worth every penny.....we paid £120 for the one at our party when we came home and he was awful (going to complain about him as he ruined the night)

The set up of the marquee was 300cyp and again worth it as it gives such a beautiful venue and location.

We ordered our cake from the bakers and it was 60cyp for a two tier cake. It was lovely and very tasty!! The hotel would have charged 120cyp and I am sure it would also have been lovely but we saved 60cyp!!

Someone recommended Still Productions to do the DVD so emailed them and they sent me a sample DVD, we really liked it so decided to use them. Jill and Steve are both fantastic. Steve filmed on the day and he was fab, he also ensured that everything went smoothly on the day so it was like having a wedding co-ordinator for the day too!!

The DVD cost us 270cyp and definately worth every penny. It is very professional. We picked five songs that we liked and Steve edited the film using the songs we chose. He took pictures and they are also on our DVD. A really nice touch is that he set up the camera and got every single guest to film a short message for us to look back on. I've watched the whole dvd about 5 times now while showing friends etc and still love it!!

We got our cars from a company I found on the Internet, it was 40ycyp per car.

I found our photographer on the Internet too Studio Black and White and the girl is Danijela. She was fabulous and I am delighted with the pictures!! The pics were 300cyp for 25 printed pics in an album and a DVDwith every pic that was taken on the day (about 250). We got pics taken on the grounds of the hotel, had dinner and then went to Cape Greko for more pics with Danijela and Steve, then came back for the first dance and a great party!!

Overall we had a brilliant day and enjoyed every minute. People say your wedding day goes in a flash but I felt we savoured every minute because everyone was there all day so we didn't have to watch for people arriving for the evening reception.

All our family and friends are still raving about how good the wedding day was. Anyone thinking of doing it abroad I would really recommend it, anyone doing it soon, enjoy you will have a fantastic time.........

here's some pics.............. :D

http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k274/LilyBM/?start=all
Dont know whether anyone is interested but i am going to the Holiday Village Aliathon in July 2008 with First Choice i couldnt get much info about weddings off them other than what it stated in the brochure which wasnt really that helpful. My friends got married this year in May in the Paphos Town Hall and they booked with http://www.ido.com.cy the guys name is Igor and i have spoke to him this morning and he has gave me so much information and has already contacted the town hall to see if the date i want to get married is available he actually does sound really good. :lol:
Lillian would you kindly add your review of the Atlantica Aeneas hotel by Clicking Here

Many thanks
Hi EllsBells

You could not have chosen a better wedding planner even if you tried, I have worked with him on several occasions & talked in lenght.
It is nice to come across a nice geniune guy who has the wedding couple's interest at heart

There are 4 other wedding company's in Paphos who I feel do a superb job & also know why it's special, if your interested to know them just e-mail me & I'll send them onto you

Kev
Hi Vicky

From the wedding planners I deal with they all say the same thing once a time & date is lmade it is set in stone, fels like your wedding company is edging there bets. If you e-mail I will supply with there names & tele No's they also keep you informed from the word go.. I always thought that if you arrange for a wedding company tp manage your special day they would keep you informed & tailor everything to your budget & needs but there again what do I know.

I have played many time at Gereskipou, you are dropped off at the car park & walk down a footpath to the ceremony. You face the guests while the ceremony is taking place it has a large covering which gives you a respite from the sun. Once the ceremony is over you are taken to the gardens to photo's

Drop me a line I have 2 photo's showing the walkway

Kev
Hi Lillian

I know you got married in Ayia napa & I live in Paphos but I think you were stung for the photographer & DVD

I have worked with nearly all of the photographers & the best one I have found in Paphos you could get

24 Photo's (6 x 8 ) CYP173 includes wedding album
60 Photo's (6 x 8) CYP300 includes wedding album
DVD Video at the Church CYP238

If anyone getting married in Paphos contact me & I'll send there details

Kev
Hi Kev (TheCyprusPiper -see you on Confetti :D )

We were aware when we booked our photographer that she was more expensive than other ones we had seen. We looked at loads of photographers' web sites (Ayia Napa and Paphos) and checked out their samples of wedding pictures but we both decided that we thought Danijelas were more professional looking so decided to bite the bullet, pay the extra, book her and pray that our pics turned out as good as the samples she sent us!!

She didn't have any wedding pics on her web site as it's not normally her thing she does shoots for magazines etc but I found her web site, loved her pics on there so thought I would take a chance and email her to see if she did weddings; she doesn't normally (usually only close friends) but did email us samples of weddings she had done in the past (they were a bit old but still really good) and said she would be honoured as we found her site.

I'm not saying there aren't any photographers out there that aren't as good or possibly better, all I am saying is that we seen loads and much preferred Danijelas even though we knew she was a bit more expensive.

We are absolutely delighted with our weddings pics and have even been contacted by an editor of a well known wedding magazine asking to feature our wedding in one of her mags so we really don't think we were stung at all"¦"¦ we knew she was a bit more expensive but in our opinion really worth it (and not much more expensive really) we wouldn't change it at all .and we're still in touch with Danijela, I think she's fantastic and can't praise her enough!

Sorry I went on a bit there :oops:
Hi Lillian,

After seeing your wedding pictures you email me, I can honestly say you made the right choice, they are gorgeous!

I know a fair few photographers on the east coast of Cyprus - they all have their own standards and costs, ranging from 170 - 320 cyp, so all in all you really haven't paid over the odds, you get what you pay for, and you certainly got what you paid for by far!

Regarding Still Productions (Steve & Jill) they are fab you cannot fault them, its their attention to detail that makes the DVD!

I so pleased you had a fantastic day!

Kerry x
Hi

I am wanting to marry in Cyprus and have been doing some research into coordinators/wedding planners etc and my head is spinning. Having emailed a couple of the hotels direct i am now thinking of arranging everything through them without the help of a coordinator. We want both the ceremony and reception at a hotel. The favourite at the moment is Nissi Beach although we are going over in October to have a look around.

My main worry is the booking of the date with the Town Hall and the visit prior to the wedding ceremony with the relevant documents. Do the hotels generally assist with this and if not does anybody know if its easy to do yourself.

Any info/advice would be appreciated.

Kirsty
Hi Kirkmar

What part of Cyprus are you going to? I emailed the Town Hall direct and they got back to me immediately and told me about all the paper work I required. I just arranged the appointment by email too. The day after we arrived we went along with all our paperwork easypeasy!

We got married in the Aeneas and registered at Ayia Napa Town Hall.

Thanks
Hi Lillian

Thanks for the reply. We're thinking of Ayia Napa too or maybe protaras. That sounds simple enough. Who arranged the date and time of the wedding the hotel or yourselves? Was this confirmed to you in advance or did you have to wait until you got there?

Thanks Kirsty x
hi i want to plan my wedding in Cyprus (Pafos town hall). we want to do it ourselves but we have no idea where to start.
please can anyone help
Love Tinaxx
Merged with wedding topic.

luci :wave
Hi Tina

Call 00357 26822353 always remember we are 2 hrs ahead of the UK when calling, after 12 noon answering machine will be on, firstly it will be in greek but then in rnglish will be able to leave message & they will call you back

Kev
Hi Kirsty & Tina

What I did was email all the hotels in the area I wanted. (a link to a site with all hotels is further down in my post)

I asked all hotels to give me details of any packages that they did , to provide details of all other things available (e.g. hair etc), to email me pictures of the venues set up for weddings both for the ceremony and for a meal...and prices of course!

Once I decided on the hotel that I liked I emailed them to tell the dates of our arrival and departure to the resort, told them a couple of dates that I would like and asked them about availability. The hotel confirmed the dates availble and I selected one and confirmed this with the hotel. Then I emailed the Town Hall to ask them if the date was available.

You can always email the Town Hall first and ask re available dates and they will give a you what dates are availabe during your stay and then check with the hotel. It's really easy!...........and you know your date immediately. I know some girls book via their Tour Operator and don't find out their date until the arrive in Cyprus!

The Town Hall will let you know all the paper work you need.

Here is a post I put on another site with useful sites for Cyprus:

Ayia Napa Town Hall:

http://www.agianapa.org.cy/?v=index

Listing of all Cyprus Hotels, the link of the hotel name will take you to another window with the hotels web site details and email details. I used this site to email all of the hotels directly to ask them about their wedding packages.

http://www.travel-library.com/search/searc...p;search=cyprus

Cyprus photographers (I had another site but can't find it now but will keep lookin!!) - my wedding pics are in a post further down... I think my photographer was fansastic (Danijela at studio blacknwhite see my post further down)

http://www.cyprusyellowpages.net/CatDescri...pn=1&by=All

Good site for all things Cyprus (has details for wedding planners, restaurants look at their sites if you are considering having a reception in a restaurant, nightlife etc etc

http://www.cyprusnet.com/

I have the email address for Jill and Steve of Still Productions that do the DVDs - I think most of the planners, travel agencies use them - they will send you a sample DVD if you email them. I also have the email address for Steve who does the horse and carriage and he can also arrange the chicken/fun bus for you. But I don't know if I am allowed to post email addresses on here? Neither of them have a web site..........if you PM me I can give you their email addresses...as because they don't have a web site I'm not sure if I can post their email address on a public site.

Wedding car or if you like you can book decorated taxi

http://www.limotaxis.com

I hope some of the above is useful......the following is a good site for people sharing info you probably know about it already it's Confetti and they have an Weddings Abroad page:

http://forums.confetti.co.uk/

If you want to ask anything else do and i will try my best to help! :D
Oh I forgot to say if you are getting married in Paphos Zuccini Weddings are supposed to be amazing - some girls on Confetti have used them so look for their posts on there.
can anyone tell me anything about weddings at coral beach recently? have been looking at it as a possable venue for may 2009, but a little unsure as not read many reveiws, is it all inclusive or not??? and if so how does this reflect on your wedding price if some guests are residents and some are not??? also i read in one brochure that it is an adult only resort from april to oct???? help!!!
Hi,

For those of you wanting to "do it alone" if you get stuck in orgainsing your wedding here on the East coast of Cyprus, just give me a shout and I'll help you through.

Kerry x
Hi Lillian

Sorry I did not reply sooner but if you miss a couple of days on these forums you lose track of the posts.

I understand what you were saying, all I can do & others like me is to say to you B2B you need to shop around but at the end of the day it is your choice, your decision on who you get to shoot your wedding

kev
hi rod(or anyone else out there that has married recently at nissi beach hotel) my daughter has now decided on the protaris/ayia nappa area to get married and we are trying to gather as much info as poss. Have you(or anyone else)got any pics of the venue as we would love to see them to get an idea of table set up ect. Lillian, lovely wedding pics, was your ceremony by the sea or in the gardens? and was the reception outside? sorry for all the questions but we are still at the delicate stage of choosing a hotel, many thanks xx
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.