Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
I've never been stopped by the police in Tunisia and my only contact with a policeman was when I mistakenly tried to go through the gate into the prison in Sousse because I thought it was an entrance into the museum at the top of the medina. He very politely explained my mistake (in French) and gave me directions to the museum. I'm assuming that this must be a common mistake on the part of tourists because his opening comment was 'Ce n'est pas le musée, Madam, il est la prison'. He knew better than I did where I was trying to get to without any explanation from me!

SM
:que nope never been stopped, heard of it or even seen it, so don't worry about it :tup
Yeah, I got stopped.

It was my 5th visit to the country, never been stopped prior to that. I've driven most of the country 3 times in my UK registered car. I've visited the towns, the desert, and various places in between, never had a problem with them.

On the way home, 5th trip, arrived in Sousse at 4.30am with my wife, I was 49 at the time. As everywhere was closed we made for the beach for a rest until the hotels opened. We got talking to the security guy on the beach and the police heard us so came to investigate. We explained the situation, showed them our train tickets, and said that we would be going to the Hotel Zorah and hoping that they would have a room. After 5 mins they left us alone. In all I've spent 80 days in Tunisia, arrived by both boat and airplane, and passed through various check-points on the road.

I don't think you have much to worry about.
Kevin
Hi,

Have been to Tunisia 16 times and never been stopped by the police - though have heard of occasional spot checks been done on paperwork. If you're worried keep your passport or a copy of it with you, but I'd be surprised if you have any problems.

A.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.