Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I have just returned from Paphos flying with XL.
I visit Paphos regularly and had not used XL before, so after reading other
posts I was worried about the flight/service.
I was pleasently suprised. The plane was clean, crew friendly, and although there was a delay
going out, which was not XL's fault the flights were fine. No different to any other 'budget' airline.
In fact better than some other bigger name airlines I have flown with.
I would certainly use them again without hesitation.
Hi I have been told there is ne in flight entertainment as xl are a budjet airline is this true,we are on flight xla 239 to larnaca.
Thanks
billiwizz,

XLA239 is operated by a Boeing 737-800. IFE is provided.

Darren
Hi Darren....

I know I already asked u this but I just wanted to know if you could confirm please.....

Our flight number is XLA536 on 16.07.08 to Paphos from LGW. 737 or 767???

I have been told from the airline that it will prob be a 737.

Also do you know if they have in flight entertainment?

Thanks!! :tup
nickyt78,

They're using the 767's at the moment; G-VKNG (-300/ER) on 11th June (as per my previous post) and G-BOPB (-200/ER) on 25th June. Both have IFE.

Darren
Thanks Darren you are most helpful! :)

Also I have just found xlaviation.com which gives you flight schedule but only 4 days ahead. Quite useful! :tup
Flying on Tuesday 5th august LGW to DLM with Excel airways XLA304. does anyone know what type of aircraft this is likely to be on. Thanks for your help
ESM,

Your flight should be operated by a Boeing 737-800.

Darren
Hi there - We are flying xcel airways Gatwick to Gran Canaria on Monday 28th July xla510 Is itpossible for you to tell me which plane we will be flying on. Many thanks
wilson2579,

Your flights are operated by a Boeing 737-800.

Darren
We had a great big plane coming back from Dalaman on 14th July (XLA 275 I think, 1415). What would that have been then?

It had leather seats and was in a 2-4-2 configuration. Loads of empty seats, including all the rear emergency ones (legroom!) at the back at row 37.

Just curious is all as on the way out it was the usual 3-3 as expected.
SandC,

Boeing 767-200 (G-BOPB). The aircraft scheduled to operate the flight was a new Boeing 737-900/ER. However, it suffered an engine failure the other week so the 767 was covering.

Darren
Thanks dazbo, it was a pleasant surprise.

Your knowledge is outstanding by the way! :tup
Hi :)
my friends flown to orlando on saturday 13th of july, they are du to return this weekend but when is the return flight due in ? !

:think

thanks! *hope my post made some sort of sense!
lukee0705,

Which flight are they on? Manchester, Gatwick? Have you got their flight number?

Darren
How stupid am i haha! :duh
they flown from manchester on saturday morning with XL
I cant beleive i forgot to say that! it might help just a little bit !1 :wave:

lukee0705,

XLA1131 is due in at 0935 Sunday morning.

Darren
as i have said before my niece is coming to cyprus with us on august 13th with her nearly 3 month old daughter, and we were wondering if the travel cot & pram is classed as extra luggage seeing as she only has 15kg anyway, its going to be a bit of a struggle :que

thanks for any info
CLx.

sorry just thinking maybe this should go in general instead of flight only/ airline aiports ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.