Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Re: Travel cots
779 Posts
sorry about that were flying with XL.
thanks for that i shall have a look on there website now :)
thanks again
CLx.
  • Edited by David 2008-07-25 23:07:14
    Posts now merged with XL Q&As topic
You may be in luck, I think XL might be slightly more generous than some with regard to baby equipment.

David :wave
EDIT: Scroll down to Hold Luggage, one of several items will be carried free:
http://www.xl.com/Customer_Info/Baggage_Short.asp
Flying 4/8 XLA 2882 Man-Taba

This sounds stupid but we booked this flight through TC as it was cheaper than XL direct, for some reason,---------but the tickets say in-flight meal not included but when we have flown with XL before all flights with 4 numbers have provided meals---so not too sure about this one-----just wondered if anyone knew--it's just that I don't want to buy food at the airport to take on board if they provide a meal!!!!!!!!!

Also does anyone know the seating configuration ??????????

Thanks.
nodocdoe,

Meals should be included. More on XL's website. Maybe because Thomas Cook charge extra for meals, it's down as meal not included? Your flights are operated by a Boeing 737-800, so 3-3.

Darren
Hi all!

Have just come back from Paphos flying with XL. I totally rated them before as never had any problems but this time was not very impressed. :(

Our outward journey was good as we arrived at check in early to get good seats and keep our party seated together. The first complaint I have is about the meal situation! Its rubbish!
They give you a pay on board service which is fine and a menu to chose from however the only thing on the menu they ever had was breakfast! This was exactly the same on the inbound flight and one of the stewardess's said they rarely carry anything else and told us to write in and complain! Its also the most pathetic meal ive ever seen lol.... £5 for a small CD sized box.

The second is we arrived at the check in desk in paphos for our journey home only to be told that we couldnt choose our seats on the plane as they had already been allocated for us!!!??? I was so mad! :rage Can they do that? As our party had 6 children they were looking forward to having window seats! Also the woman at the desk said the seating on the plane was 3-3-2!? So i asked her what aircraft it was and she said 767-300 which i know to be 2-4-2. She said the plane was full and there was no way we can change seats. Upon boarding we found different, it was 2-4-2 as we knew it would be and the plane was half empty!!

Sorry for ranting lol...
Hi,

Compulsory Air Passenger Duty (£40) and fuel surcharge (£60)

Just been looking at XL special offer flights on the web to Florida - they state that all taxes included but when you click on the deal there is £100 to add to the stated fare.

Hidden compulsory extras seem to be the norm now - at one time the fare you saw on XL web page was the fare you paid.
Just wanting to check that you can still pool luggage with XL ?

Also as hand luggage I've only got a handbag but need to take something over for someone-----which won't fit in the handbag-it's only light ----------------Will they class this as another peice of hand luggage?

They;ve never bothered with my handbag before!!!!!

Thanks
It depends if xl or the airport you are flying from still holds to the one piece of hand baggage rule. Check it out on the individual websites.

Pippa
Secret sale tomorrow 6th August (but I've blabbed) only on for 2 hours between the hours of 1pm to 3pm save £25 per person on selected return flights booked online.
flew with XL to Rhodes recently and to be honest with you had not problem at all,
not much of a delay going out only by a few minutes and spot on for coming home
cabin staff were very good as far as i was concerned. I will recommend them to others , but each to their own .

Lynne
Just returned from Palma to Bristol on XL. Their phone booking people told lies :-(
First lie was the answerphone message that the plane was completely full and urging me to pay extra to pre-book seats (not interested). The plane wasn't full as a few days later I booked an extra seat and there were plenty available.
However the extra ticket didn't arrive so I phoned and was told to collect it from the check-in counter. I asked to be sure that what I had been told was correct, but surprise surprise, it was wrong and the check-in clerk assured me I shouldn't have been told that. So I had to queue again at another desk to get the extra ticket, and at 4am that kind of thing rankles.
Apart from not having free water on board (yet exhorting us to keep hydrated) the flight was OK, so I'll give them 7/10 for the flight and 2/10 for the call centre.
Note to Mod...isn't it time to change the title of this thread to XL Airways? They renamed from Excel Airways about 18 months ago.
Thanks Traveller ... there were reasons for displaying it that way, as we had a very annoying advertising program which converted any mention of the airline name into a link to an external site. We thankfully no longer have that program, but by leaving both Excel and XL in the title, the topic may still be picked up by those entering either name in a search engine.

Some other topics in the forum will also need renamed to reflect recent changes and mergers within the travel industry.

David :wave
It looks like XL Airways are stopping there flights to Antigua, the last flight appears to be on the 27th October.

Can any one confirm this? because I am not able to find any official statement or press release.

Pendragon
1st November is start of winter schedule for all UK charter airlines (resumes as summer sched on 1st May) - so presumably the Antigua, like many Caribbean destinations is a summer only service for XL
Nope that has nothing to do with it, Xl has changed there website a few days ago, until then your where
able to book the months after October, also heard they are sending letters to people who have advanced bookings.

Pendragon
I would think its fairly obvious why Antigua has been removed from the programme.

The recent murders of the newlywed couple has tarnished Antigua's image no end.

I would think bookings would be well down.

These things can happen anywhere but with Antigua being such a small Island and with this image being so far removed from the Idylic scenes most of us think of, it will take a long time to recover. Not to mention the general downturn with the credit crunch.

Mark
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.