Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
staying at the holiday village in a few weeks. Could someone please confirm what the layout of the standard rooms are. We have 2 adults and 2 children and wondered what sort of sleeping arrangements to expect. Thanks
Onthecauseway,
The standard rooms are huge. There is a big room with a huge bed that would sleep 3 people then there are 2 sort of camp beds for kids. These beds have a very thick mattress on and are very comfy and are in the same room. Then you have a walk in wardrobe off this room. Just in from the front door is a big bathroom with separate shower and toilet.
Hi There! We have booked to go to HVRS next July and can't wait. After the travel agent advised us to upgrade our room to a family suite because standard rooms are small (from reviews this obviously isn't the case) has anyone stayed in a family suite ? The travel agent said it has playstation etc for kids but I'm wondering if she had this confused with a kids den. If anyone can clarify this for me i'd really appriciate it as we don't want to arrive over there and have problems with what we booked we'd rather sort it out before we go. Having paid £3335 for a family of 4 I want to make sure I'm getting what we paid for!
clairec123,

I have been to HV twice and re booked for next June. I don't know of any family suites. There is a kids den which has a separate bedroom for kids with bunk beds and that has a playstation in it. We have always had a standard room which is huge. It does seem a lot of money but then maybe your children are older. We have paid £2300 for 2 adults & 2 kids who will be 11 & 10.
Thanks Caz! Wow! Major price difference! Our kids will be 12 and 7 next year and our price was including one free child place, mind we are flying from Scotland. We looked at travelling in June but there wasn't that much difference in price from July. Where are you flying from? We can't wait we've been to HV Turkey and Majorca but the reviews on Egypt sound amazing.
We are flying from Gatwick. The HV is fantastic and we have been spoilt by going there so I am reluctant to go anywhere else. The food is great so much choice and you also have the snorkelling just off the beach which is absolutely amazing.

My kids didn't join in much with the kids clubs but they were just happy being in the pool/sea.
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has recently come back from the red sea holiday village. We go on the 1st August and the reviews have always been amazing, until today that is. Salmonella village the latest review is calling it. Has anyone else been ill? Getting really worried. Thanks allie
dont let one review put you off we came back 2 weeks ago and ok i had a bad stomach but i dont for one minute believe it was the food. rather a mixture of sun/drink change of diet..
the restuaraunt was always spotless and handwash on the door.
Can anyone tell me how bad the mozzies are here, we are thinking of booking for early july next year, thanks
Landed back from HVRS on Thursday morning - will stick a review up when time allows !

No big problem with mosquitoes (couple of small bites) and I tended to forget the repellent.
Didn't meet anyone suffering from salmonella - three out of our party did get dodgy tums, but nothing serious, and a quick visit to the pharmacy at the entrance sorted us all out.

An email to Ramy before we left ensured that we got an excellent room (6208) - overlooking the slides and main pool, and two minutes from the a la cartes. And the rooms are MASSIVE.
Can anyone please tell me the name of the dive center at the First choice holiday village red sea. as i wish to book our diving for adults and children before we go in 3 weeks time, or recommend a better/ local padi dive school. thanks shanti :)
We are going to the Holiday village in 4 weeks time and I can see from recent postings people have emailed Raymy regarding room allocation . Could someone please inform me of the email address as we have booked two rooms one for u s and one for our two sons 16 & 13 and I would like to ensure rooms next to each other. I have requested this with FC but from past experience that means nothing !!

Thanks
Hi shanti42 ... this is the address which appears earlier in the topic, hopefully it is still correct:
ramy-moris@coralsearesorts.com

David :wave
Hi guys if you have just reciently came back from the holiday village would be good to see some up to date fotos thanks :cheers
Hello everyone, HELP!! We are a family of 4 adults and 3 children, due to go to the Holiday Village on 12th August. I have been reading the reviews for months now and have decided to go with an open mind. I would ideally like to request our room prior to arrival and have read that rooms in block 5 or 6 seem to be the best position within the complex?? We have booked 2 rooms with kids dens, Does this block have kids dens?

I have also emailed Pete at St Georges Bar after reading some fantastic reviews about the trips he offers and recieved a very nice and informative email back, We are definitely booking our trips with him, they cost a fraction of the price first choice quote.

I have found all your comments very informative and will be posting a review with photos for everyone upon our return, happy holidays all, Jane.
Hi Jane could you give me petes from st georges bar's e-mail addy please thanks :cheers
Hi Gina, Petes email address from St-Georges Bar is stgeorgesbar@hotmail.co.uk, Regards, Jane.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.