Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thankyou for clearing that up for me

many thanks J
Antony,

You want a row around 27/28 for that type of wing view.

Darren

Hi Darren,

Do these rows have their own window not in the middle of 2 windows? Looking at row 28 A & B.

Regards

Antony
Antony,

Most have access to their own window but I can't be specific as I've not sat in every row!

Darren
Flights booked for 9 of us Manchester to Faro LS875 23.10.10.
Been on to website to book seats and it looks quite a small plane. (total of 26 rows it looks like). Nervous flyer here so just hoping someone can reassure me that it will feel exactly the same as being on a bigger plane or will it be noisier/bumpier?
Thanks. Caroline
Hi Caroline
We flew from Blackpool to Faro in April. The plane is a boeing 737. I am also a nervous flyer but had no problems. We had flown Manchester to Lanzarote the month before with Jet2 on a 757 and to be honest I didn't really notice any difference. The back of the plane was obviously nearer the front if you know what I mean :rofl but other than that...
caroline davis,

Small is a relative term! The Boeing 737-300 operating your flight is still a large aircraft (95ft wingspan, 110ft long and 124,500 lb max take off weight) compared to the 4 seat PA28 I sometimes fly in (35ft wingspan, 23ft long, 1352 lb take off weight)! It's not that small of an aircraft! It's of course dwarfed by a Boeing 747 or Airbus A380, but it's just as stable and comfortable in the air from a passengers perspective.

Darren
Sorry for going a touch off topic, but with the mention of being a Nervous Flyer, i thought i'd mention when me and the Wife had our first flight, and my wife was very very nervous, i explained this to cabin crew and they asked if she would like to go upto the flightdeck and meet the Pilot, (was sometime back)!!, she politely declined, it might have been his name that put her off a bit...Captain Skidmore!!! Lol!

Best Regards - Taggy
Sunaddict and Darren

Thanks for your replies. Reassuring to know I wont notice any difference!

Caroline
Jet2.com launches new flights

Jet2.com will launch three new routes from Manchester and one new service from Edinburgh next summer.

New destinations from Manchester are Brive, in Dordogne, and Larnaca and Paphos in Cyprus.

The airline will also have increased frequencies on services from Manchester to Venice, Pisa, Nice, Palma, Murcia, Malaga, Funchal and Monastir.

From Edinburgh, Jet2.com will launch flights to Budapest and offer additional services to Majorca next summer.

With permission from Travelmole
antony,

i am working on the 757 on saturday do you have any preference as to front, mid or rear aircraft? majority of the forward cabin are extra leg room up to about row 8 now with the new seats, also row 12 and row 33 are exit seats so you dont really get good window views.

there are 3 different configs AB has 228 seats, AA AC AD AE x229 seats and AG AH AI x232 seats due to one less toilet on those aircraft than the rest.

i hate being sat between 2 windows, get a sore neck looking out! ha

claire
Can I have advice about checking in online etc. I have yet to do the online checkin go in three weeks so would you do it sooner rather than later, plus we did not book reserved seats so does it work like Easyjet!
Never done this before....so firstly have gone for 2 bags 22kg each for hubby and me. So we weigh them at home and I pressume we make sure they are a kilo under just in case our scales are out.
But how do I get a band thing (ie one that has destination airport code on it) thats one concern. Plus what about the checkin sticker that identifies your bags! ( the ones they stick on passport)
Next at Manchester Terminal 1....can someone tell me the procedure, if we don't do normal checkin where do I get bags weighed and but threw. Also what do I do at the airport in Spain on return(Murcia).
Finally if there is anything I have forgotten that I should know. Oh forgot how much time to we need ..presume don't need the normal 2 hours.
Sorry folks I realize its all tryed and tested but as you can gather I worry about everything and the less stress the better.

Hope someone has the time to reply ...I will be very grateful

J
jayjaya,

Even though you may have checked in online at home, you still need to check your luggage in at the airport using Jet2's baggage drop off desk. It's just like checking-in as normal, but is just for your luggage. That's where check-in staff will attached labels and send it down to the aircraft, weight it etc. You don't take your luggage to the aircraft. It'll be the same on your return flight, assuming online check-in is available. If not, just check-in in the usual way. The real time saver for online check-in is for those travelling with hand luggage only.

Darren
Thanks Darren

So we should not cut it to fine with getting to the airport...should 90 mins be ok

Thanks Jay
jayjaya,

If you're dropping bags off, I would leave the usual 1.5 - 2 hours before your flight departs in case of any queues at check-in / security.

Darren
Hi, departing Newcastle on Fri 10/09/10 at 08.50, LS555 to Ibiza.

Can anyone tell me where and when this plane is due into Newcasle from before it does the Ibiza flight.

Also, when booking our seats, row 3 is reserved for wheelchairs. Do the actual chairs now fasten in or is it for people with wheelchairs and if so, is there extra legroom?

Thanks in advance
camel,

The aircraft nightstops so there's plenty of time between the flight the previous evening and your flight on Friday morning. Expect G-CELA to be operating your flight. Row 3 are standard seats.

Darren
Thanks Darren, hopefully no delay if plane stopping overnight.
Jet2 to launch Glasgow flights

Jet2 is launching a series of routes from Glasgow next April, making it a second Scottish base.

The airline, which already operates from Edinburgh, will start by offering nine destinations from Glasgow.

The destinations are Alicante, Dalaman, Faro, Nice, Majorca, Tunisia (Monastir), Paphos, Sharm El Sheikh, and Tenerife.

Fares start from £36.99 per person, one way and including taxes.

With permission from Travelmole
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to when Jet2 do the second round of price reductions. I booked in July last year for the following year but nearer christmas i found that i could have booked cheaper. I am looking again to go to tenerife in July 2011 but the prices seem very high at the moment. Any ideas?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.