Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
All unconfirmed at the moment just stuff that comes out of Thomas cook towers. Reason would be cost and demand.
BEfreeTODAY wrote:
All unconfirmed at the moment just stuff that comes out of Thomas cook towers. Reason would be cost and demand.

I'm shocked if it's demand - I've never been on a transatlantic charter that wasn't at least 95% full!!
(and I do 2-3 a year).
Thomas Cook are also returning 3 of their long haul aircraft (A330; G-OJMB/C and G-TCXA) by November 2011 to the leasing company.

Darren
Darren, looks like it means more chances than ever before to end up on a 763 by January 2012, isn't it ?
FlyingHigh wrote:
Vicky, usually a hot main meal and then a snack around 90mins prior to landing.

Thanks flying high , thats what i was hoping for !
we are flying out to cancun in may tcx148. on the tc web site it states."standard seats" out bound.
do these still have 33" legroom ?
thanx in advance.
buzzer14,

Standard seats means the standard long haul aircraft and seat pitch, 33".

Darren
Darren,

You kindly confirmed that T Cook flight TCX51L Varadero - Manchester on the 28th January would be on a 'short haul' aircraft. We only found this out on receipt of our tickets. Is there any way to find out how often this happens re this, or any other long haul flights? Thomas Cook trumpet that all their long haul flights have 33" seat pitch, this is not true! They were able to inform us 6 weeks prior to our return flight that the aircraft would only have 29" seat pitch. If they know 6 weeks in advance that they will not be using an A330 it can hardly be an emergency replacement 767W.
It is my belief that T Cook are deceiving there customers intentionally with their advertising relating to seat pitch.

Thanks
:wave: hi im a bit early in asking these questions i think but does anyone know what aircraft im on from glasgow to arrecife 9/10/11 14.35? whats the seating plan? what are the adult and kids meals? thanks for any info :tup
Hi everyone

I am just looking for a bit of information...

I am flying from Belfast to Sharm El Sheik on 22nd of Feb (TC565K) and am returning on 1st March (TC565L). I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is IFE on these flights considering they are 5hrs 45 mins and 6hrs 30 respectively?

Thanks

:cheers
19ashfield,

Aircraft changes aren't a common occurance, but they do happen for various reasons. I don't have a list of flights that are changed, but I can check on specific ones if needed. I wouldn't say they are decieving customers as they are informing them of aircraft changes usually well in advance. However, I can understand your dissapoinment at booking a holiday being told of 33" seat pitch etc, and not getting it. I fly with them in 8 weeks and won't be happy if I don't get what I've booked either.

Darren
newrypaul99,

Welcome onboard :tup
BFS-SSH-BFS (TCX565K/L) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. TCX no longer offer IFE on narrow bodied aircraft. Hand held players (PSP's) are available for hire at £7.50 per flight.

Darren
can you advise the type of aircraft for flight gla-sfb flying out 11/06/2011 on thomascook airlines
, and also the seat configuration
thanks
freddiec,

GLA-SFB-GLA are operated by an Airbus A330-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? Guide (link below).

Darren
Probably be a bit early for summer season but here goes

TCK2438 0700-1230- 11/7 - MAN-CFU
TCK2439 1345-1520-18/7- CFU-MAN

The turn around time suggests a 767, but the kids especially on the 11/7 will still be at school. Coming back it does look likley that it would be!
Bit of an early request!

Cheers,
Nick
Nick 1992,

It's a little early as yet as I don't have the S11 schedule to hand at the moment. It would normally be a Boeing 757-200, but I'll know a little closer to the time.

Daren
Hi

I'm flying to Cayo Coco from Manchester on TCX174K on 30th January in the premium cabin. Can anyone tell me if the IFE is on demand in premium. I've read varying reports on this.

Ant
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.