Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
We've flown with Monarch several times from Gatwick to Las Palmas Gran Canaria and now want to book for next March or April 2012. I can't see this destination listed from Gatwick only airports up north, are they now no longer offering this route or am I simply too early? If so, can you advise roughly when this will be available if you are aware to book please rather than having to try another airline?
Thanks
It does look like they are only flying from Manchester and Birmingham to Las Palmas.
Hi There flying MANCHESTER- LARANACA ZB 648 - 26th August returning on ZB 643 8th Septemeber! What plane will we be on - we have a 11 mth old baby can he sit on a knee next to the window?

Cheers Nervousflyer/avaition enthusiast
richfoz,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-LCA-MAN (ZB648/3) are operated by Airbus A321-200 / Airbus A300B4-605R respectively. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). You can have your 11 month old on selected rows next to the window. There needs to be an extra oxygen mask because of your little one.

Darren
A300? when we booked our seats the cabin config was 3-3 isn't the A300 3-3-3? urggh thats an old plane :(
richfoz,

Your outbound is an A321, but the inbound an A300. The A300's might be getting long in the tooth, but they are nice to fly on and Monarch Engineering are world renowned.

Darren
Hi Darren made a mistake we are leaving Larnaca 6th September not the 8th but same flight number
is it still the A300 (post above).

Friend of ours are traveling to Larnaca on 28th August TOM2770 and returning 11th September.
richfoz,

MAN-LCA-MAN (ZB648/9) departing 26/08/11 and returning 06/09/11 are operated by Airbus A321-200.

Darren
Hi

Please you could tell me which aircraft I will be flying on

09 Oct ZB786
17 Oct ZB787

Also we have choosen not to pre-book seating, if we get to the airport early will we be able to choose our seats or do Monach automatically allocated the seating for the flight a few days in advance, i know Thomson do this.

Thanks
LAX2000,

LGW-PFO-LGW (ZB786/7) are operated by Boeing 757-200 / Airbus A330-200. There may not be many seats to choose from by the time you get to the airport subject to how many pre-select / check-in online.

Darren
Hi all,

i was just wondring if anyone can help, im thinking of booking a flight from gatwick to sanford on 29th september in monarch premium cabin but seen lots of good and bad reviews, what do i get for the money and is it worth it? what will the IFE be on the 29th september and the food menu? what plane will this be on? sorry for the question just like to know whats what.

thanks

hammerflyer
Hammerflyer,

Welcome on board. Your flight is due to be operated on an A330-200. Monarch Premium includes the following:

Premium seats with an improved seat width, increased seat recline and a seat pitch of up to 34 inches
Personal video screens with multi-movie selection
FREE headsets
Upgraded meals with a choice of entrée
FREE welcome onboard drink and FREE bar service (excluding champagne)
FREE newspapers outbound and inbound
FREE comfort kits (eye mask, blanket and neck pillow)
30kg Baggage Allowance for the price of 20kg
Dedicated check-in at Gatwick and Manchester and some overseas airports (the latter cannot be guaranteed)
Priority boarding and baggage reclaim

IFE shown on this date is listed here: Monarch IFE Aug-Oct 2011

The meal served is detailed here

There are photos of the Monarch Premium cabin on My Media Page

Any further questions then please feel free to ask
hammerflyer,

Welcome onboard :tup
partyboy_uk covered everything but you'll also find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darrren
Thanks guys,

will there be other programs on other channels? Also what seats would you go for if you was in a group of 4?

Thanks

hammerflyer
hammerflyer,

Seating is personal preference. They all offer the same basic facilities other than extra legroom so it's whatever you prefer really. The only ones I would say avoid are the rows close to toilets.

Darren
Just to add to Darren's post above, if you are in a group of 4 that includes 2 children then be aware that if you select 2 seats in front of each other then there is a possibility that you may be asked for each child to sit with an adult (at least for take off and landing if not the duration of the flight). However 2 seats in front and 2 behind would also give you 2 window seats and 2 aisle seats. 4 seats in the middle though would mean you would all be together. As Darren said, it is really down to personal preference :D
It's for 4 adults so I think window seats, can I ring them up before and pick my seats before we get to the airport? I heard monarch change there menu on every flight because alpha supply the food? In premium do we get a menu to choose from?

Hammerflyer
Hi

I am travelling from LGW to Alicante on ZB264 on Sunday 28th August. I see that this aircraft is an airbus a330 , does anyone know what window seats are windowless!

thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.