Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
bowmanor,

Your aircraft comes in from Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (TOM194/5).

Darren
ninelives,

EXT-MAH-EXT (TOM6500/1) should be operated by an Airbus A320-200 or Boeing 737.

Darren
I am travelling next week with Thomson and when i picked tickets up today they are "ticket-less" flights.
Will the check in staff give me the email back so i have it to check in on return?
Jay Trip,

All your booking details are held electronically. All you need is your passport and confirmation number. They probably won't even ask for the confirmation number or email with it on as your passport is the main document, but have it with you just in case. You'll be able to keep hold of any email you print out in anycase.

Darren
Thanks Darren,Its the first time we havent had tickets as we normally book a package.
hello there!
when can i choose my seat numbers, on my flight to cancun tom374. is it 2 months before departure? im getting diferent responses!!
Supposed to be 90 days before by phone,60 days before online BUT I got an email 77 days before outward flight and could book both out and return on line.
buzzer14,

Officially, it's 90 days by phone and 60 days online as brewerdave mentions. However, keep checking as flights are sometimes uploaded slightly before this.

Darren
If you go online and put in your details it will only let you log on when your within the time. If I remember we did ours on the 13/8 and we fly on 24/10. I just kept trying to log on every now and again to see if it would let me in. Once logged on it's quite straightforward.
thanks guys! i'll keep checking. theres 4 of us 2 adults and 2 little 1's. so we are hoping to get window seats!!
fingers crossed!
would you guy, who have flown longhaul with thomson, recomend any particular seats?
thanks in advance. richard..
buzzer14 wrote:
would you guy, who have flown longhaul with thomson, recomend any particular seats?thanks in advance. richard..

It's personal preference. All seats have the same basic facilities in their respective cabins so it's wherever you prefer to sit.

Darren
thanks guys! i'll keep checking. theres 4 of us 2 adults and 2 little 1's. so we are hoping to get window seats!!
fingers crossed!
would you guy, who have flown longhaul with thomson, recomend any particular seats?
thanks in advance. richard..

Well there is 11 of us flying and I managed to get 4 rows. 23,24,25,26 A+B and 26 C for the odd one out lol. The other 2 have paid for Extra leg room seats so I'm guessing they will be up front!? Just keep trying to log on every day :-)
noooooobs wrote:
The other 2 have paid for Extra leg room seats so I'm guessing they will be up front!?

It depends on the aircraft type as there are extra legroom seats on exit / emergency exit rows.

Darren
noooooobs wrote:
Should be an EX FCA 767 I believe

They'll be on row 11 or 20/28 (subject to V1 or V2 aircraft).

Darren
Just booked to fly out to SFB from MAN on 22/10 returning on the 29/10.

There is an errata saying that economy seats on this flight will be 30" (I've booked premium). I'm flying out on TOM118 but flying back on TOM015 (there is also TOM119 flying back into MAN from SFB on that day). Does anyone have any idea which aircraft will be operating the return leg (TOM015). In particular will it actually have a premium cabin?! I can't book seats with Thomson as they are saying the seat plan hasn't been uploaded on to thier system yet.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Drue
The first thin that comes to mind is the aircraft that will be used will be a Thomsonfly 767 that has been reconfigured into Tuifly Nordic configuration. It's the Scandinavian version of Thomson for which Thomson airways do a lot of work for in the winter. Their back cabin(row35-47) is economy configuration. Rows 7-33 are normal 33" same as usual and rows 1-5 are premium (row 6 has 40") because of the different configuration that might be why it's not in the System yet.

Alternatively it could be they know they don't have time to reconfigure an economy 767 to long haul specs and they know at this stage they will be using one of those.

To be safe pick the middle cabin if your travelling in economy, if you then upgrade to premium then that gets taken off your upgrade price/refunded.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.