General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
i always fill the passport form in online just sent my sons, from sending form to getting new passport took a week. Very good service :tup
Sorry if this has been asked already but has anyone been for an interview for a first British Passport recently. My husband will be applying soon and I wondered what kind of questions they ask and how long the interview is. Can anyone advise?

Kedi
Kedi if you look on the passport website it has some imformation.
http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/interviews.asp
Thanks :tup , I did have a look but it would be nice to hear from someone who has done it too.
Kedi, my friend was asked the date his parents got married ? and also what his boss's date of birth was !!! can't remember the other obscure questions, but he said it was pretty painless and lasted about half an hour.
OMG - my husband doesn't even know the date his parents were born :rofl
thats sounds about right for a man. My husband asks me his age.
My wife sent off for her passport renewal last week. Phone message this week to inform her that the fees have gone up to £75 from £72 and they will send her an envelope so that she can send them the shortfall. Their website still shows the old price.
The fee phone line is also incorrect then- I phoned to check before sending off 2 passport renewals a couple of days ago. Guess I will have to wait for the envelope requesting more money now!
Kedi
At a recent passport interview my daughters boyfriend was asked to spell his name out loud, also asked his mother and fathers date of birth, his mothers maiden name and how the application for the passport had been sent - ie check and send throught post office. He was in and out within 15 minutes and said it was pretty straightforward and received his passport within 5 days.
Ayrshire the fee is £72.

If you also requested (ticked the box) for your documents to be returned by secure delivery then that is the extra £3 which you will have been asked for.
we are going to gc 27/7-10/8 my sons passport runs out on 8/1 /2010 will he be ok or do we need to renew ?

thanks all
I have read your post a few times to try and understand what you mean and if I'm reading it correctly, his passport runs out in January 2010 and you are travelling in July 2010, so you do need to renew your passport as it will be out of date, so not a legal document and you will not be able to use it.
no we are travelling in 2009 had bad day in work brain not working
Hi nighthawk#60 ... please check my post on the previous page, click here.

David :wave
thanks david we are with thomas cook

gary
You would need to check with your tour operator because he would only have 5 months left on the day you return. Most times they say 6 months.
i have contacted 2 different tour operaters to ask that i am travelling to spain for 1 week with 4 months left on my passport 1 said 3 months and 1 said 6 months i am confused please help
you will find the answer many times in this thread... EU citizens only need a current passport..HOWEVER airlines/tour operators set their own requirements MOST [not all] will require at least 6 months AFTER your due date of return ,and, can refuse to let you fly if you don't meet their requirements

wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.