Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
While you are waiting for makum to reply, I can tell you that no public transport goes down from the San Eugenio end and although the finished bits are nice for the pedestrian they are a nightmare for coaches, taxis etc as there are no pulling in places so they have to just stop in the road and hold up the traffic, we have just spent a week watching this farce from our balcony, that and cars being towed that had squeezed between the flower beds.
That's right no busses, But I have seen Taxi's driving down there.

You will have to get off the buss or taxi outside the News Bar and walk along the road works past the Torviscas Palya cross the road three times (careful not to end up on the wrong side of the perimeter fencing!) and then up the half width path that is scary due to the 40 foot deep gully that was the road.

Or get off the bus at PDLA station and grab a taxi to the Sunset bay. He will be able to drive down from the back of the Orlando to the entrance of the sunset bay as its just the bit of road leading past the Tugeste Bungalows that's all dug up along with the junction with Torviscas Main Street.

I'm not sure but I think the bus now stops outside Ocean Park (next to 'The Chippy' and Club 'Oh Yes!'. You could walk down behind the Orlando if this is the case.

However this part of the world is changing by the day so this may not be relevant by December. I'll keep you informed.
Thanks Wee Puddock and Makum- sounds fun!! just over 7 weeks before we go- so I'll ask for an update then if I may.

Thanks again.
hello there,
a bit worried going to the Torviscas Playa on 24th nov,reading theres lots of road works right outside,does anyone think it will affect our stay,or should i not worry :cry:
UPDATE 1 NOV 2006

Well well, what a difference a few weeks makes...

After my last update (9th Oct) my mate Dean (he manages the Tugeste Bungalows) has been in touch to tell my that the Tugeste Bungalows are NOT mothballed and are operating as normal. My earlier comments may have led some people to believe otherwise and I apologise for any confusion with regard to Tugeste Bungalows. So; I repeat The complex IS open for business and knowing Dean, I am sure he and his team will make all Tugeste guests stay very comfortable indeed. The notice that I couldn't get access to actually states that their office has moved from No2 further up the street to No13. Hence me thinking their office was closed.

On the roadworks front: The hole in the street leading past the Tugeste Bungalows & Sunset Bay toward the Orlando is now filled in and a normal street again. The road up to San Eugenio past the side of the Orlando is now two way and this allows taxi / Coach access to all three complex's including.

8)
Hi All.
Just wonderimg how the roadworks outside the torviscas playa are going on? Are they complete yet. Again returning in Feb 07. Cant Wait!!!!!!!!
Thanks.
Bob
Hi Bob
I'm afraid the roadworks are still ongoing. Last week they were working outside the Torviscas Playa doing the pedestrianising with one lane in the middle of the road for traffic. It will be nice when it's finished & should be well complete by the time you go in Feb,
The same cannot be said however for the drainage work which is at the end of the Orlando road & also down by the Moonlight, what a mess!!
Just come back and the road from Palm Beach is up all the way down to Paraiso Royal.

There was a lot of work going on outside palm beach, but the other end not a lot.

You have to keep swapping sides of the road when walking down. Or you can get on the beach front at the side of veronicas and walk down.

It was a bit of a mess, but at least when it is finished it will looknice. Like the otherside by Bouginvilla playa, which looks nice, now it is finished.
I know, down the side of the Torviscas the hole in the road is that big you could lose someone down there!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to know that it may be finished by Feb2007.
Thanks.
Bob
down the side of the Torviscas the hole in the road is that big you could lose someone down there!!!!!!!!!!!

No you couldn't - I tried & she managed to climb out!! :lol:
This may already have been mentioned but could someone please tell me whether the roadworks are bad around Pueblo Torviscas? I don't know whether the Torviscas Playa is anywhere near but it must be in the same sort of area. I shall be arriving on 2nd January for a week and will have the usual coach transfers and don't intend hiring a car so it hopefully won't be any problem but it would be nice to know what to expect when we get there.
Nigel2004

That's very naughty of you but :rofl
could someone please tell me whether the roadworks are bad around Pueblo Torviscas?

Pueblo Torviscas is just around the corner from the T/Playa - I'm afraid the road is up (but passable with care) outside the Pueblo complex. The roadworks should be complete by Jan but not too sure about the drainage works. Don't worry though it shouldn't spoil your stay.
Thank you Nigel2004. I see I shall have to pack a couple of pairs of climbing boots! Now I know that Pueblo Torviscas is round the corner from the Torviscas Playa I shall have to read through all the messages again just to see what we are letting ourselves in for. Thanks again.
Hi,

We're arriving again on Friday - order the good weather please!

We are staying at Sunset Bay- always use the bus from the airport.

Am I right in thinking that I should now get off at St Eugenio Centre and then walk down the hill to the Esmarelda on my right.

In May this year we stayed on the bus and got off at the other end of the main street and walked down with the Esmaralda on our left - but I assume that this bit of the road is still being dug up.

Thanks Jean.
Am I right in thinking that I should now get off at St Eugenio Centre and then walk down the hill to the Esmarelda on my right.

In May this year we stayed on the bus and got off at the other end of the main street and walked down with the Esmaralda on our left - but I assume that this bit of the road is still being dug up.

Much the same Jean I would have thought, but probably better to get off at St Eugenio as it is mostly finished at this end, less chance of seeing piles of bricks & workmen.
Mind out for the huge hole at the end of the Orlando road by the Tegueste Bungalows, if you fell down there it would probably take you the rest of your holiday to get out. :shock:
We are going to the Hotel Gala by Veronicas in March and have heard the roadworks is now going on past the Palm Beach towards Veronicas. Does anyone know if this is true and if so will it be complete by March?
I was there in early December. this road down to the Gala hotel will be finishe d by March 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!

My query is, will the local TITSA buses come back to these areas,

Billyboy.
Not sure about service buses as the road is not quite ready yet. Having said that you can now drive all the way from the top of the hill at San Eugenio to Torviscas (Sky Park) on the newly installed one way poo dust street. New grids in the road are installed to allow drainage when it rains. no more poo dust :wink:

The bit outside the Torviscas is nearly complete and I reckon it will be finished by Feb at the latest.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.