Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Dear Missyladyt,

I can imagine the anger and frustration that you are feeling. There will certainly be those on here who can help with the practicalities - perhaps you can tell us who your tour operator is and where the Nuramar appartments are for a start.

It might have been worse to arrive and THEN find out about the building site ............ but I am sorry that you feel so strongly especially with all the planning and anticipation.

Try to think of your kids - the holiday will still be a good one if you can adjust to where you find yourselves, and Portugal is a wonderful country with lots to do and see and good restaurants and bars, even if they're not where you thought you'd find them.

Wait for the advice from other members, and give Ros Fernihough a ring on Monday - she's a travel lawyer who helps HT readers.

There WILL be positive things about your holiday, so do try to get over the shock as quickly as you can, and make the best of it. I'm sure you will enjoy yourself more than you currently think you will. ATB, Alsa xxx
thanks s much for your feed back the nuramar apartmens are in calan bosh, and our tour operater is thomas cook who had the attitude of , oh well its nit us going on holiday its your mess and we dont have to deal with you its just a good job our travel agent is a lovely person and helped us loads i would love to have the travel lawyers num if possible it would be a great help to know where we stand on a legal point of view especially as this is our first time abroad ever. thanks again so much xx
Ros Fernihough's number is 01922 621114

Give her a call first thing tomorrow morning.

Let us know how you get on.
thank you glynis i will do xx
I know that it is little comfort, but it was a blessing. I arrived at this place with my wife and child a couple of years ago. Once I had seen the state of the rooms I demanded a transfer and was out within the hour.

I am not sure where the building can be taking place. It must also affect customers of Viva Menorca and they are next to each other and the only bit of spare land I can think of is at the back of them both.

The weather will be better in portugal at this time of the year also!

:)
what is the name of the hotel and where in Portugal is it.

Portugal is very nice and has lovely beaches.
Great for kids.
hello again , im going to be staying at the estrela do vau hotel/apartments heard its nice and yes it does sound better than the nuramar but.... as you can appreciate when you buy something yourself if it goes wrong or is horrible then you can say oh well i will choose better next time but this time we have had it completely taken out of our hands it was either here or pay 6000 pounds to stay somewhere else and i dont have that kind of money . i am still really upset at the fact our first holiday abroad could be such a cotrastrophy and so stressful im still waiting for our t.a to confirm that our tickets will be waiting for us at the airport . i dont know what i will do if we arrive at the airport only to be told that they have no idea what we are talking about. im so fed up with it all and am still on tenterhooks . our first holiday should be a special experience not a shambles and stressful one. i just dont know how to feel . if it wasnt for the children i would have thrown in the towel by now.

xx ladyt
Hi people pick up tickets at the airport all the time ,so don't worry.
I am sure you will like it once you are there.

There are a few reviews here

http://www.realholidayreports.com/reports/reports.asp?page=3&id=0&hotel_id=23247
Hi Miss lady, I am sure will like Portugal, Have a look on this site for reviews of your accomodation hope the link works.
http://www.Tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189111-d502344-Reviews-Estrella_Vau-Algarve.html
Cheers Jayjan
Hi missladyt :D

I have repied to a few of your questions on the Portugal forum, but just wanted to day try not to worry.

I am sure it must be very nerve racking going abroad for your first time ever especially when taking 4 teens.

Sorry to here Thomas Cook has messed you about so much, particularly as you are a first timeer. I can't beleive the only alternative they could find you on Minorca was another 6 grand :shock: That is such an unreasonable alternative in anyones book. :cry:

My personal view having been to both is that the Algarve is probably going to suit your budget better as we found Minorca more expensive than the Algarve. Hopefully that helps a bit.
Sorry about the bad spelling the edit buttons gone. :oops:
We are looking into going to Calan Bosch now but what sort of building work are they doing? Or is this confined to just one hotel?

Kind regards

Claire
hi claire, im have no details to give you of that i am sorry but all i do know is that our thomas cook rep said at first that itr was just hand tools they were using but then afdter an hour they assured me that it was much worse than expected and the fully blown works of building site tools will be used ie cement mixers bulldozers numatic drills etc etc all i know is it is next to the nuramar apartments. xx
so sorry that i cant give you any more details.
thanks again for everyones support and advise it is greatly appreaciated .
xx lady t :lol: :lol:
i know is a big let down having everything changing at the last minute but try and think positive.

you have got an alternative holiday and its better than just turning up at the original place and having the holiday spoilt by building works......

twice this has happened to us, make the best of it and i am sure you will all have a lovely time, portugal is very nice, hope it goes ok.......

karen
thanks karen i am trying to keep my chin up but keep excpecting something else to go wrong
xx ladyt
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.