Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: Akyaka Help.
89 Posts
Oh no! I have just booked and we leave on 15th September - so may see you there! :)
Hi Karen - thanks for all your help. In the end it wasn't a case of having to persuade my boyfriend, I just told him to book the first 2 weeks of September as I had booked the holiday!!! No choice really! We are flying out on 31st August (arriving 1st September) and leaving on 15th September! Can't wait - very excited! Have booked the Yucelen Hotel, as from the reviews it looks perfect for us! I'm going to print out all the information you (and others) have given me so I know where to go and where to eat (very important!). Another thing I keep forgetting to ask is what currency is best to take? When we went to Egypt we were told to take Egyptian pounds and all they wanted was Euros! Oh and would you believe it, my Avon rep dropped a brochure off yesterday and I have ordered the bath and dry oil you and others have recommended! Although I think I will have to get some of the Turkish mozzie spray as well (what's it called again and is there a local shop which sells it as I read some people couldnt find it - would hate my holiday to be ruined by those little buggers)! All recommendations on restaurants and bars gratefully received from anyone who wants to pass information on to me! Would be great to meet anyone who will be there for a beer or two! Nicky :)
nicky

thats good news, did you book a package in the end or diy.

kov or off the mozzie spray and lotion is called, you can get it from any supermarket or chemist.

we ate out mainly at kazans, magician ,crystals,cinar and the lovely restaurant along the side of the sea, forgot the name, but from your hotel its right and follow the path til you see it,the doorway is an open arch, food there is fab and the views to die for. magicians in on the sea front , kazans is on the corner just off 1 of the little roads to the sea, crystals is at the top of akyaka so quite a hike up steep hill.cinar is along the riverside ,think its the last 1 , its more expensive there but lovely, we mainly stayed around the beach area.

a few of the little pathways from the sea to the main shopping area have little sheds selling gifts, jewellery, henna tattoos etc

we always take some lira and sterling, the restaurants always changed the sterling for us without any problems. lira is a better rate over there than here.

depends what sort of things you like to do. whilst you are there it might be worth a day trip to marmaris and or icmeler just to get a taster of a busy resort, we took our friends last year and they found it interesting but were glad to get back to akyaka to get away from the hassle of marmaris lol , but they bought quite a few things from the bazaar

karen
Hi Karen. In the end went through Thomas Cook as it seemed easier and plus was a pretty good deal £1,056 for B&B for the 2 of us. Are you going to be there at that time of year? Thanks for the details below, will probably try them all! Just realised how early my flight back is! 0120 on the Tuesday morning - argh! Oh well at least that means I can spend all of Monday sunbathing! I think you said the weather is still pretty hot in September - I hope so, as I love to bathe! :)
nicky

no i wont be there , we are going in july for 2 weeks, ellie school is strict about having time off. you never know though if you love it as much as us maybe we will see you there next year lol :rofl

will you hire a car or just get taxis etc, if you get the chance to go to cinar i gave you a link in another reply then thats a lovely restaurant you will need transport, just realised i said cinar is near the river that should have been cennet silly me

this is another place ive been recommended but not yet gone to, does look nice though

http://www.mavielmas.com/anasayfa/alisveris/nerede-ne-yenir-/kahvalti-notu-sakli-gol.html#akocomment5361

yes weather in sept is lovely still hot lol :sun2
Karen, that's a shame, but like you say if we like it a lot we will be back again! :)
http://www.icmeleronline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3453

Karen,we visited those lakes on a trip with Icmeleronline,above is a link to a review I did on them.
On the same daytrip we visited a Turkish resturent for breakfast then went to the lakes, then on to Akyaka finishing off at a cafe in a village near the avenue of euculiptus trees outside Marmaris.

Gene
gene

was the restaurant called cinar, that has ducks, ponds, little streams running through it, we go there quite a lot , a really cute place and fab food and reasonably priced, its on the main rd from marmaris to akyaka, a turning just past the outlet shop /petrol station

was the other place you stopped at called sakli gol, ive been recommended to try there but not got round to it yet, was it nice

just looking at the photos of akyaka reminded me of 1 restaurant to avoid and thats the sikidam, it was the only place we had a bad meal and took over an hour to come grr, when we had a plane to catch , nightmare of a place. so nicky avoid that 1, all the others inc yagmur are fine, infact yagmur and hasans magician are virtually next to each other
It was Cinar Karen.
The cafe in the little village I dont know.
We always use the sunbeds and brollies at the Sikidam and always found the food ok, albeit they have onle been snacks but the overall service has been good and we have been over a dozen times.

Gene
gene

maybe its just an evening problem then, kids had pizza that was so salty they couldnt eat it, and we had casseroles that had very chewy meat, it was very unorganised and took hours despite us keep saying please be quick we have a plane to catch, maybe we just hit on a bad night, but certainly put us off ever going again lol

right im off to disneyland paris in 1 hr, better get a move on bye
Have a lovely time karen - speak when you get back! Nicky :)
going to Akyaka soon. can anyone give me names of nice restaurants in the area please. also can you pick up any boat trips from Akyaka. thanks
hi, sorry, just ready posts on subject already in forum. we will try those places. has anyone got a boat trip or hired a boat for day?
jenny the restaurants we like are the deniz which is on the side of the beach so fab views and beach, magician bar and kazan

there are plenty of boat trips each day or private hire but we havent got round to doing one yet, but they mainly go to cleopatras island which looks lovely, here is the link

http://www.marmarisinfo.com/sightseeing/cleopatra.phtml
The Kazan is no longer but has been reopened by Ramon. Justine and mel that had the Kazan have now moved to the restaurant at the Feron otel (just over the road from what was the Kazan) I only have aweek and am working out how to fit in a visit to all the restaurants that we love not easy as there is such a good choice
thank you ellie-meg and fionay. we only have a week too but so looking forward to going. went to Dalyan last year (first time to turkey) and didnt want one of the big commercial resorts so chose Atyaka. it looks and sounds lovely. will give those restaurants a try and get at least one boat trip in.
thanks again. hope you both have good holidays this year :sun2 jennyc xx
i wonder why they have moved the kazan seemed so busy and was in a good location, dont remember seeing a hotel across the road only a restaurant with a chap selling waffles and ice creams so i assume its near there

both have a good holiday, we are off to istanbul in just over a week then possibly akyaka in july
we are going to Akyaka in June so will let you know when i get back about the restaurants. just one thing worrying me slightly, a lot of reviews mentions loads of dogs hanging around the beach etc!! any views on that one. we had some in centre of Dalyan last year, all well cared for and caused no prob at all, in fact quite amusing to watch. but a few people have reported the dogs fouling the beach in Akyaka?? whats your view on this Ellie-meg? or anyone else? thanks again. enjoy your trip to Istanbul jennyc x
there are about 3 dogs if I remember correctly that used to hang about the beach but they were harmless enough basically just trying to find a bit of shade for a lie down I never saw any evidence of them fouling on the beach. Have to admit that we didnt really spend much time on the beach last year as our son loved the pool at the okaliptus so we tended to stay there throught he day

I cant recall the Feron otel either though I do vaguely remember there being a bos oda var sign across the road so maybe that was the feron didnt look like a otel. I will report back when I come home on the 6th June
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.