UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
I would LOVE to try the French CP but, unfortunately, my partner does not like flying, ferries, trains, etc, due to anxiety, so we are stuck with holidaying in the UK. It's also the reason we can 'justify' going to CP in school hols, but this year will poss be the last.

Both my children are at secondary school, therefore we are tied to the hols (I would never take them out of school for a holiday, although plenty do :yikes ). If we can't afford it, then we don't go.
oh that's a shame :(
has your partner tried any hypnotherapy etc to help with the travelling anxieties?
Yes, he's tried everything! He used to be OK, now it's got bad again.

Thankfully, it's not that big a deal (in the whole scheme of things). For example, it does not affect him doing his job, etc, and there are people who have FAR worse problems in their lives.

But thanks for asking.

Enjoy your break at CP next Easter! :cheers
Thank you :)
yes,you are right

and with the right weather / location, some places in the UK can be as nice as going abroad :) :tup

x
i worked at center parcs for a while .. back then they didnt allow dogs.. guess its changed now.
we have friends from kent staying at longleat we want to vist them for the day
can anyone tell me how much it cost to vist as a day vistor
I am going to whinfell in a few weeks with the family, money is a bit tight this year so I booked a comfort lodge.Should I be worried. I have never been to Centre Parcs before, however everybody I speak to who has says it is brilliant . I am not looking for luxuries, I just want somewhere clean. What are the cooking facilities and bathrooms like. Any hints or tips would be great.
Hi we've been to Whinfell many times in various accommodations you'l have a fab time. Its excellent back to nature take monkey nuts to throw out of your patio door then sit back and watch the wildlife come to you especially the red squirrels. Fabulous :cheers
Hi, we've been to all the Center Parcs quite a few times and always stay in the comfort villas and have always found them comfortable. First time we ever stopped up at Whinfell it was Oasis and we did have the more exp accomodation but to be honest we didn't really use the facilities and at the time the price wasn't much more than the standard accom, then when it became Center Parcs the prices went up a lot!

Last year we were at Elvedon and walked round where lots of the new style lodges were and they did look lovely, but as we like to be out and about during the day, as long as the beds are comfy and clean and the bathrooms and kitchen is adequate then we're happy :D
Dogs cant be off the lead anywhere except in the dog toilet areas which are small. They can stay in certain villas only so you have to inform them when you book. You can take them outside of center parcs and let them run in the forest however. You may not leave them unattended anywhere except in a villa, ie. if you walk to the center to get a coffee or have a meal, you cant tie your dog up outside. In my opinion not very dog friendly really but not really the sort of place you'd want to take your dog anyway. I love Center Parcs - its certainly family friendly!
Hi
We've booked to go to Longleat at the end of September, just got round to looking at activities/prices for kids activities, we'll have a 6 month old and a 26 month old.

Looked at the creche first - £6 an hour, not too bad I suppose.

But then looked at Teddy's bear Picnic and Water Play - both are for less than an hour, you need to bring an adult and it is more expensive than the creche it'self. Water play for 6-18 month olds is £7.50 for 45 minutes - how can they justify that, it's only a bit of blimming water and a couple of boats!!!

Anyway - point of the post, is it even worth booking any activites for little ones? Think I read somewhere that there is free soft play in most resturants - is that true?

Anyone offer any advice on what to do/not to do?

Really disappointed with the price so far! This is our first visit, and possibly our last!
We never bothered with the activities for little ones. The swimming is free and plenty play parks etc to play in.
We always go to Whinfell never book activities plenty to enjoy taking your bikes, swimming for free, walking through the fantastic landscape or generally watching the nature from your living room, squirrels etc. (especially when you throw monkey nuts around your patio). only thing we do is eat out :cheers
at those ages, unless you want time to yourself, i wouldnt bother booking activities -= just take them in the subtropical swimming area they will lvoe it - there are plenty of outdoor play areasx and the indoor soft ball play areas etc = they will have a great time and you will be hooked
Few questions :whoops

Did anyone book the breakfast pass and is it worth it?

Is the breakfast @ sports cafe buffet style or is it all from the kitchen? If you're paying £6 a breakfast I want to have quite a filling brekkie lol!

Also we want to do horse riding (longleat) but we have 2 babies, does anyone know if you can get from the horse riding place to the time out club within 30 minutes? Horse riding finishes at 11.15 and creche finishes at 11.45.

Also, magic at the pancake house? Is it worth it? Thought it might be nice for the kids - what are the snacks and party food they serve? Can you still get the pancakes or is that extra.

Saw that Tuesday and Thursday is Buy one Get one Free at the Sports Bar - are the queues long for this, apparently you can't pre book. :que

2 weeks to go!

Cheers
not many places you can take the dogs to - basically you can walk them on a lead but cant take into any inside areas nor can you tie them up outside when you go in ...
Hi looking to book a break at eleveden, can you get wifi in the lodges please.
You can in some of the lodges there. If you go onto their website, click on the accommodation tag, then in the select important features tab choose wifi & a list of the types of lodges with wifi will appear.
Can't afford those ones though Glynis :rofl

I was hoping I would be able to pay or wifi on arrival.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.