UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
We went to Elvedon (sp) Forest(the CP near Cambridge). for a short break a couple of years ago and were thinking of going this xmas to Longleat as its much nearer. As the original post was about dogs i thought Id ask if anyones been to Longleat? We were going to take our new dog but going by the previous posts Im not sure its a good idea now. is there anywhere there she can go off lead, shes a springer spaniel so has to have a run every day??
Hi annie.f, I'm afraid it states in the back of the center parcs brochure under 'our agreement with you' that dogs must be kept on a lead at all times, this is to protect the wildlife I think as there are lots of ducks, squirrals, pheasants etc roaming around.
For our Center Parcs Longleat Q&As topic, please click here.

David :wave
I understand completely about the on lead rule and knew this to be the case but wondered if there was anywhere outside the park she could be let off?
Does anyone know if you can purchase a day pass at the Lake district park?
You can purchase a day pass only if you are visiting someone that is actually staying there.
Thanks Stacey,My daughter is staying there for 1 week and its only 36 miles from our caravan so thought we would visit for the day.I nearly fell off the chair when I saw how much it would cost for us to go for just 4 nights at the same time she is there. :rofl Do you know how much day passes cost?
I don't know exact prices but I'm sure it's about £25 ish. I could be wrong though.
Is it just me or is there no reviews for Whinfell?

We booked last night to go in 5 weeks for a weekend. We're very excited. We have one of the new style lodges.
Hi Groovee

I have asked for this park to be added to our Reviews Site. Should you need any accommodation added in the future you can request it in the sticky topic at the top of the Help & Assistance forum.

We would be delighted if you would be the first to review the park on your return.

luci :wave
Thanks for that. I just thought I was being really thick for a Sunday Morning.
Groove,I spent last Thursday at Whinfell as my daughter and her family were staying in one of the new lodges.
They are very nice and spacious with modern furnishings.The seem to be on the outer edge of the village so its a fair walk(about 15minutes)to the centre.They took their cycles and they used them every day.We had a meal in the Chinese and what started off very good became a farce.We had the starter and main course and we were left sitting until 10.20pm with a table of dirty dishes with only 1 member of staff still working.By this time my small grandson had fallen asleep!I asked if we were going to get our dessert before midnight and after I had moved all the dirty dishes onto the next table we eventually got our cold dessert at 10.45pm!I didnt want to go there in the first place as I told my daughter the Village inn had been recommended.By the time we got back to the lodge we just made it out of the park just before midnight.If you plan to eat in any of the park restaurants I would book your table as we didnt do this so only the Chinese had vacancies that night.
Thanks, we're taking the kids bikes and plan to hire our bikes when down there. Not sure what we're doing for meals yet as dh wants to BBQ while our friends plan to eat out. We'll just have to see nearer the time.
There were people having barbecues when we were there even though it was raining. :rofl The lodges were very well equipped for eating in and my daughter ate out alternate nights.She said the shop was well stocked and only slightly dearer than supermarkets.
off to CP elveden in june...staying at the hotel again.

only just realised they are now letting you book all activities and treatments on line before you go!!

they have only just started to do it.....has anyone recently been and used this facility.....i cant make up my mind to book now or wait nearer the time!!
I've had my email through but haven't booked anything yet but looks like spaces are low.
We are going to Whinfell again about 7th time now ive lost count, we always pre book the indian as we love it. Going again on the 28th November for the weekend, be the second time we've been while its been the lapland experience. :D
louise...we always book the indian too...at elveden...think its a real treat.

going to sit down on monday and try and pre book a few things!!!

must admit i prefer the old system of booking the day before...oh well!!
I'm all confused about the prebooking online. Me and my friend have to get time together to book the things for the same time. Am very excited though
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.