UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Center Parcs UK
183 Posts
Do you think that a center parcs holiday would be a good idea for a 16 year old's birthday/end of exam party (with parents, brother and 2 friends)? Does anyone know center parcs' policy about letting teenagers join in with adult activities (kids activities only go up to age 13/14) and alcohol?

thanks
Do you think that a center parcs holiday would be a good idea for a 16 year old's birthday/end of exam party (with parents, brother and 2 friends)? Does anyone know center parcs' policy about letting teenagers join in with adult activities (kids activities only go up to age 13/14) and alcohol?

thanks
At 16 they would be classed as adults for all the activities so no problem there.

As regards alchohol, the same laws apply as anywhere else in the UK and Centerparcs probably can't knowingly turn a blind eye but I have no direct experience of this - sorry.

It's not uncommon to see small groups of both boys and girls of that age and they always seem to be having a good time but I guess it's down to what your 16 year old enjoys.
hi,
some advice needed please, my partner and i were planning 2 weeks in menorca with my 11 and 13 year old. now panicking as im realising there getting older and will be bored....which would mean 2 weeks of hell for us!!! im now debating on taking them to centre parcs for a week instead thinking there should be loads for them 2 do.
does anyone thing this would be a better holiday for them, and give me an idea of how much spending money we should take for an action packed week for an average family of 4.
any idea's greatly appreceted
thanks
lisa x
booked to go centerparcs whinfell forest for the 5th time in october can't wait, its great to get back to nature there and you really do relax. and the kids love watching the red squirrel especially 8)
Hi,

I am thinking of booking a Luxury Villa (inc of hot tub etc) for next March for a special occasion. Can anyone tell me if it is worth the extra money? and are they as good as they sound? Our family party would consist of 6 adults ranging from 29 - 60 and a baby of 15 months.

Does anyone know if the restaurants can be booked in advance for a special occasion.

Can you tell me what price the bike hire is for midweek it doesn't seem to say in the brochure. Any other advice would be very welcome

Many thanks
Merged with existing topic.

luci :wave
We have visited CP over 40 times now and would only book executive or higher standard accomodation. We have booked the exclusive villas before and it is worth the money for a special occasion - just lying in the hot tub at midnight under the stars is magical!

The villa is only realistic for 6 adults though as the settee area is not really big enough for 8 adults.

The steam room is a bit disappointing, it's basically a large shower cubicle with a shelf to sit on but the steam works fine.

Warning - at Elveden there is a gas fire so you can't burn logs as there is no open fire.

You HAVE to book a night out at La Sapiniere, it is wonderful and Jose [head waiter] makes you so welcome, there is a pianist playing all night and the restuarant revolves so you get a full view of the lakes and forest from the top of the hotel - a magical, relaxing and sophisticated night out...remember to dress up as there is a dress code [not really suitable for under 10 year olds or those children who wouldn't appreciate real french cuisine].

We loved the experience and I shall book villa 100 [the original luxury villa with it's own private garden] for my husband's 40th.

You should also check out the new 4 bedroom executive villas as they have a games room with pool table, playstation, lcd tv etc.

Have a marvellous time. :D
re longleat

we went earlier this year and found that the swimming area was way too far away from our villa, we were in the dogs allowed type of comfort villas and it was approx 45 mins away from the pool.

we're planning on going to elveden next as it seems more fairly laid out and there are less hills!
Hi.
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what you get for your money when you book at Centerparcs. Is it just the accomodation, or are any of the activities included in the price?
Sorry if this sounds daft, but not been before. :)

Sunaholic.
Swimming is free but just about everything else in terms of fitness/sport costs and much of it needs to be booked on arrival (or before if they'll let you) as a lot of it books up very quickly. Things like nature trails are also free.
And the costs can mount up pretty quickly too!

SM
Looking forward to going to Whinfell forest for the 6th time ish!! in October can't wait, we just relax, take the kids bikes, take advantage of all the free stuff (swimming mainly) and do lots of walking. We just like the getting back to nature experience, red squirral at your back door, that type of thing (good tip take plenty of monkey nuts and spread at the back of the property, you can then watch all the different forest animals enjoying them in front of you). The only thing we spend on is eating out. Can't wait :P :P :P :P
ps at Whinfell for anyone that hasnt been the accommodation furthest away is still only about 15 mins walk 5 mins bike ride from the main centre.
the accommodation furthest away is still only about 15 mins walk 5 mins bike ride from the main centre.

But for anyone with mobility difficulties it's worth bearing in mind that it's not all on the level. We saw a good few grandparents with family groups who were struggling, including my mother. And there are very few seats about for people to take a 'breather' on.

SM
how much are they as i am going there next week

cheers

lm
Has anyone else noticed that Center Parcs seem to have quietly got rid of their VIP option if booking for a holiday in 2008?
It's been possible for years to pay a bit more, and get access to the lodge earlier, as well as being able to book activities before they get booked solid! Now all the parks seem to be getting busier and busier, it's a real bonus.
I'm really disappointed, because we've always tended to use that option.
I'm wondering if you still get those benefits with the Exclusive lodges, anybody know?
off to Centerparcs Whinfell Forest tomorrow for the 5th/6th time Ive lost count cant wait :P :P :P :P :P :P
Hi,

Me and my family are all thinking of going to Whinfell Forest next June booking a comfort plus 2 storey vila. We have been to Sherwood Forest a few times but thought we would try somewhere new plus it is closer to us. Is Whinfell Forest nice and has anyone used these vilas before? :D
Hi :D

We have been to Longleat 3 times, Elveden twice and Whinfell Forest once (as I live down South).

It was a few years ago but we really liked Whinfell and wished it was a bit closer to us.

One of the things that we felt was better was the accommodation, I think because they are done out as lodges and seemed to have more character than the normal basic comfort ones we had been used to at CP's. (can't afford the posh ones as you could get a week in Dubai for the same price LOL :shock: )

If you like the Centre Parcs type environment I am sure you will love it there. Lets face it that close to the lake district you can't really go wrong. :D

Doe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.