UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Have any regulars been getting any offers through. Ive been about six times, but because I haven't been the last couple of years seem to have dropped off their mailing list. :(

They used to send me leaflets detailing discounts for certain weeks, 10 and 20% off that kind of stuff, and if you booked they gave you a few money off vouchers for shops and restaurants. Have they stopped doing that now ?
Not had any emails through for a while yet my friends with young kids have been getting loads.
hi doepsmc ...i did get a load of "freebies" before i went last year...i had a booklet of vouchers to use with my holiday for last year...it DID say that i would get them every year if i booked to go again within the following year.

so i think its a case of ..if you miss a year...then you start all over again.
Yes about a month ago we got a leaflet offering so much off breaks taken before mid Dec, sorry can't remember how much though and I threw the leaflet away as we won't be going this year as we have booked Center Parcs France with Tesco vouchers for this Aug, much cheaper than UK parks, but we get e mails and leaflets every so often offering discounts for the UK parks

Medot: I think the booklet of vouchers you mean are the ones given to regular visitors to the Uk Center Parcs, if each of your visits are within a 14 month period (I think it's 13 or 14 months) you get a booklet of vouchers to spend on site but I am sure they have stopped that now to new customers but the oldies carry on getting them as long as they continue to visit within that 13 or 14 month period.
ooo yes...those are the ones twinkletoes....woo i hope i get them this year...i should do.

ooo cant wait to go...i love it at CP
We go to Whinfell in 6 days. I have a question, do you use disposable BBQ's on the outdoor BBQ's?
I certainly did and I think because of the construction of the BBQ thats all you can use (nowhere to put the charcoal) it's just a platform to put the disposable on top of
Thanks for the response. I've bought 2 party ones and 5 singles as I got a bargain.

Also got dishwasher tablets 25 for £1 in poundland. We use these at work and they are really good.
Got back earlier and had a good time. We had a new woodland lodge which was lovely and the beds were soooooo comfy. We had a chalk board which the kids loved playing with and kept them busy until they discovered the fantastic woodland area behind our lodge. We were at 3 Oaks and a few people told me it would be a good walk to the Pool etc but you were lucky if it took us 5 minutes to walk.Obviously longer to the sports plaza but it was a nice walk and very quiet where we were. Things have really improved in the last 3 years and it was a good holiday for us.
wooo hooo...just got my welcome pack...and i have the money off vouchers included.

thats £30 worth of money off vouchers and two free day passes.
ooo just booked the bird of prey experience for me and hubby...i dont suppose anyone on here has done it have they???
Does anybody know if the Lakeside apartments at Whinfell have a lift going to the 1st floor?
I know this sounds lazy but after the hassle at Longleat last month with the train, I would rather not risk the hassle!!

Also can I check that it is fairly flat ground there like Elveden & Sherwood not the massive hills like in Longleat.
I don't know about the lift, but I do find it fairly flat at whinfell with slight inclines you never notice. I can't compare it to any other park.
ooo just booked the bird of prey experience for me and hubby...i dont suppose anyone on here has done it have they???

My son did it a few years ago at Sherwood and my husband went along to watch as my son needed an adult present. Everyone (not hubby obviously) got to fly a bird, I think my son's was an owl.

They said the talk by the man was really interesting and they both enjoyed the experience and thought it was good value.
ooo thanks for thast jan...its something i've always wanted to do...cant wait now.
Does anybody know if the Lakeside Apartments at Whinfell have cycle parking bays?
I have phoned customer services and they seem unsure!!!!! :que :duh :think :yikes :que - couldnt decide what icon was appropriate so done a few.
I just dont want to pay over £50 for 2 bikes and a trailer and be no where secure nearby to leave them.
Challdell, I cant say ive noticed and we've been 6 times but i am sure they will as this is the prefered method of transport, if not you are about 1 minute walk away from the cyclepark for either the main butterfly centre or if you are on the other side of the lake you are 1 minute walk away from the sports centre, so you could always park them there. we go again on the 28th Nov can't wait :wave:
Possible cheap(er) Center Parcs Holiday next Easter

The Easter holidays next year for Welsh and English schools are not the same. This means that the price for the first week of the Welsh holidays (Mon 29th March - Fri 2nd April 2010) is less than half that of the following week.

I've just booked a mid-week break for 4 adults and 2 children for £309. The following week is £659 for exactly the same break!

These places fill up fast, especially the closest to South Wales, Longleat Forest. So get in early.

http://www.centerparcs.co.uk/
I only paid a £92 deposit now, the remaining balance to be paid in Jan 2010

HTH someone else who like us,can only go in school holidays,but refuses to pay the extortionate prices !!!
Uknewsfan - that's really interesting, because we were at Longleat during February half term and found the opposite, ie, it was full of very expensive 4x4s with people who looked like they were not going skiing this year. In other words, it felt very much more upmarket than usual. Mind you, with the ridiculous prices CP charge for peak season, I'm not sure how people can justify the expense - we've said this will be our last visit for a while as it's just not worth it (although my kids DO love it there!).

RachieB - you are SO lucky! I'm surprised CP haven't realised and raised the prices for that week as well (it's only a matter of time, surely).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.