Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
3,200 per person

and the price will depend on what brand you are after
Hi There,
We were in Cala n Forcat the year before last and on arrival we were told at the welcome meeting that we were only allowed to purchase 200 cigs per day at any of the local shops, this was the first time i have come across this rule. There seemed to be no limit when we visited cuitadella. I wonder if they still have this silly rule, we have never had a problem in Majorca or the mainland. :?
hi

the 200 cigs aday limit is only used in the small resorts but we buy in mahon where the limit is 3200 & baccy is for the 50g pack you can get 60 packs and the 40g is 75packs we always buy the domingo baccy as it was (last year) £1.08 per pack & we have been smoking that for 3 years.
Anybody got any upto date prices?
Have always brought cigs from Cuitadella just up from the market square there is a shop that just sells cigs and baccy.
This year will be buying for other people as I stopped last year :D
have had the same prob, nothing owrse than shop hopping for your 3200 when youre only there for a weekend! i found the littlew baccy shop in cuitadella on the last day worse luck!! They used to be 21euros for 200 embassy/lambert appx but im sure its gone up a bit!

Caroline :wave
Hi there,
I managed to cheat a little with the limit of 200 per day, i just changed my shirt and went in twice after a while the shop keeper twigged on to what i was doing but said he didnt mind as long as i only purchased 200 per visit , but when we went into cuitadella people were leaving the tabac shops fully loaded.
Another way of saving money a few years ago was to buy 1 pack of various spanish brands and try em and if we liked them we would buy 200 by doing this we found a brand called palace ( red ) which were quite a lot cheaper than the popular brands but as good. My family still bring palace back when ever they are in spain.
Hey! im smoking palace as we speak! How much do they cost in menorca? Ive been on them for a while now, and theyre as good as any of the uk brands - and if i can save some money then its all good!

Thanks!

Hi there , Recently the price was about 16 euros 50 for 200 and as you said they are as good as a lot of uk brands , the best ones to go for are the 200 s in the stiff cardboard packs. We found them by trial and error a few years back. We still try new brands while over there , its hit and miss some times you get really awful ones like ducados arghhhhh.
By the way if ever you are in italy there is a brand of benson and hedges over there with a red stripe across the pack which is half the price of the normal ones which they also sell.
Hi I'm off to Menorca in 6-8weeks but still have'nt booked yet!(Still looking for that bargain) Is it cheaper in the Mahon shops than at the Airports and is it ok to bring the cigs back?

Many thanks!
:offtop Ps If you know of any deals please do tell! :D :kiss
junes a good time have just booked a cracking deal a few days ago for £65 each, named, jmc family apartments with kids clubs etc..

But you best start another topic or we will get moaned at!

Send me a message and i will try and look you up some deals when i get back, im off there in a few hours!!

hi thiery14
it is alot cheaper to buy in mahon or Ciutadella for cigs or booze then the airports or the resorts the only thing that is cheaper at the airport is the little things you forget while on holiday like kids sweets gift packs olive oil & olives & selected booze.

regards

jane
Hiya

I've just come back from Menorca and I brought my cigs at a proper Estanco shop (tobaconist) they have a brown and yellow sign outside and that's all they sell (apart from lighters). I smoke Fortuna and they cost 22 euros for 200, my Mom smokes John Player Special (Black packet) and she got her's for 16 euros (200 carton).

Mom didnt have any problems buying in bulk from an Estanco - she got 6 cartons!

The Fortuna at the Airport cost 23.50 euros.
Hi
Just returned a week or so ago. Don't know about limit but in Ciudadela 200 Regal were 27 euros and in the supermarkets in Cala'n Bosch 28.50.
popsy 35,
we have just returned from spain, and i brought back two hundred fortunas ciggies for my eldest daughter and they were only 6 euros.
what a difference a holiday destination makes to the price.
choc.
Any one know the cig prices have they gone up sandi
my workmate deb just back from salou and the prices have gone up there
Last year it was 28 euros for 200 superking menthols. They have a fixed price.

Mainland is cheaper though.
I got back from Magaluf last week. 200 Lambert & Butler were 35 euro . I know it's not the same place but I would think the prices would be simialr. :(
Does anyone know if there is a tobaconist shop in Calan Bosch? If so where abouts is it. Thank you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.