Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
its extremely expensive, what airline is she travelling with? It might be worth contacting them direct. It's normally £25 per change
i was told the other day when i asked how much to change name would be for end of oct at the moment its £25 as i havent paid the final balance once that was paid it would be £75 i was shocked by this and they said tour operators have put up their prices, i assume as its sept you have paid up, i agree its a lot but doubt you can do a thing about it !!!
My daughter rang First Choice who said their fee was £25. As she booked through an agent they couldn't intervene but were shocked at the price. However, yesterday my daughter e-mailed the tra :lol: vel agent and asked for a copy of their terms and conditions as she'd booked over the phone. RESULT! This lunch time she got an e-mail amending the price to £40. They can't imagine who wanted to charge £85 and they are "very sorry"
Excellent result - still pricey but better :D
they are charging so much because people are buying cheap flights then putting them ebay to sell at a good profit so i think they are trying to stop it hope this helps alittle
Some friends of ours took over their daughter and her friends holiday and it only cost them £25 each to change names that was with Portland I believe.

Sue
If you book through a travel agent, and then want to amend details, agents usually try to charge you twice. Once for their prices and once for the flight/travel companies charge.

so if you book with airtours direct and want to amend a booking you will pay their amendment fee.

If you book a airtours holiday thorugh co-op (eg) then you will be charged twice, for the airtours fee, and then the co-op fee.

But i'm so glad that you got it sorted it out and for much cheaper than you was originally quoted.
Hi Wickedchris - love your picture, can you guess why?? Seems logical then to book direct with the operator. I've never understood just what some agents do to earn their commission. 75-0.
i would just like to point put that I have worked for 2 well known high street agencys(including co-op) and now an independed and have never ever charged an amendment fee twice.

if this is what some agencies are doing then that is disgusting. on our booking system there is physicly no way that you could do it as the file would be up by too much and head office would be ringing you up to ask why and you would have to refund the customer.

just wanted to make it clear so everyone doesnt think that all travel agents are cowboys.
I have just had to cancel one person off my booking with First Choice (for this saturday) - daughter's boyfriend as they have split up and I asked how much it would cost for a name change and I was told that it would be £30 for the amendment and and £40 for the difference in price of the seats when I originally booked and the current price - how about that for a con! :shock: Anyhow as it turned out we couldn't get anyone else to take the seat so just had to cancel it. When I checked the terms and conditions again it did state this in them for the online bookings but surely I can't be the only one that thinks this is so unfair - they are effectively reselling the same seat and have the cheek to charge extra for it - an amendment fee we expected but this extra is out of order in my opinion but as they put it in the terms and conditions we can't really do anything other then accept it but it makes you think twice doesn't it?
I have also worked for two high street agents and now a homeworking company. I have never heard of charging twice. The amendment fee is charged by the tour operator not the agent.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.