Travel Agency Complaints

Do you have a complaint against a travel agent and how you have been dealt with during or after booking your holiday? For help and advice post in here.
Contact Trading Standards

https://www.tradingstandards.uk/

Whilst we can use our expertise gathered over many years helping people on HT Trading Standards have teeth.
Hi fwh, thank you very much for your advice, I will contact them now, hopefully, they will be able to help.
Omg I'm so sorry to hear about your holiday. I have just had the exact same experience. I booked a holiday online after huge amounts of research. An hour later their advisor rang me and said no flights available to that hotel. She was so pushy and eventually I caved in and she booked me into a comparable hotel apparently. It cost me an extra £140 and Ive since learnt its an adult only hotel and my daughter is 16… they were supposed to get back to me within 72 hours a d didn't so rang them today and they've fobbed me off again! I'm SO angry! If we'd bought a TV or an item of clothing and they weren't right then we'd get our money back!
i had the same problem with this company, i booked in december 2018 but wanted to get a price to change dates or if this did not suit us to cancel one of our party as there were 5 adults and 1 child aged 11, i e-mailed them on 3 occasions phoned them ,but each agent told me they would get back to me, i waited but they never got back to me with the result, i had to cancel 1 adult, i was still with in time frame to get a refund, but when i rang again i was told hard luck i would not get a refund,So i will never book with holiday gems again, they are the worst company i have dealt with, i would never recommend this company to anyone
When someone posts here on HT with a problem I, together with a few other old members (old in age as well as membership) will try to assist. In the case of applinj I suggested they contact Trading Standards who would be able to advise them better than us. They replied that they would do exactly that - did they? No idea as they have not visited HT since. We actually rely on feedback so we can help others.

So some more sage advice.

Forget about the internet and telephone. Emails get lost by these firms - at least they claim not to have received them - more likely they lose them on purpose when it suits them. Telephone calls do not achieve much except make you note perfect when you hum Vivaldis' The Rites of Spring. When they do get round to answering they promise you everything and deliver nothing.

So what do you do.

You resort to the old fashioned device of writing them a letter. You then post it using the signed for service. Why do that you ask. Because they have to sign for it then you have proof they received it - unlike the lost/not received email they cannot use that excuse if/when you take them to court. They will not be able to claim you were late in telling them. Try to prove you telephoned them - they deny it or claim that it must be somebody who is no longer with them.

Of course you could just do a little research on the internet and "Independent" and "Respected sites" such as HT - we tell the truth and shame the devil.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.