Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I stayed there years ago, 1993 I think, before it was AI. It was okayish, but then it was cheap then so no complaints really. We got what we paid for and nothing more.

I guess with the prices they charge they don't have the spare cash to upgrade the rooms or anything else, so unless people stop booking to go there things won't change.
RobT100
yes, you do get what you pay for, so perhaps if you have not paid a lot, you would not expect any luxuries.
however, that does noit mean you expect danger and health hazzards along with filth!
there are "cheap" places to stay in any country, i have at times stayed in "cheap" places in this country.
what i expect and get for the low price is basic, no extras, but still safe and hygenic.
anyone who was given any less has the right to complain.
LoucieLou

I agree with parts of what your saying, but:

What you must realise is some countries have much lower standards than ours. Cheap in these countries can (and does) often mean dirty and hazardous.

What I set out to say is after all the publicity about Hotels such as the Palm Court how do people, time after time, come back complaining. they must read these forums and watch TV etc..People just want something for nothing and it winds me up.

Also bear in mind some people will do nothing but complain. i was in a 3* apartment in Spain recently and to be fair it was well above 3* standard in my opinion. But guess what - there was some British family at the reception next to me, kicking up holy hell because there wasnt a toaster in their room (the brochure said nothing about a toaster by the way).

At the end of the day, i stand by my words (You get what you pay for in life). There aint such a thing as a "free lunch".
The problem is that a lot of people do not know about sites like this and do not think its necessary to check out reviews of a hotel before they book or simply do not know that they can.
Also there are a lot of sales people out there desperate to make their commission and a customer who asks only for prices or information may find themselves persuaded in to booking something that they have not researched. (I have had this happen to me but fortunately checked out the reviews and they were terrible!! :evil: )
It is sad that when something is exceptionally cheap we have to be cynical and presume there is something wrong but unfortunately more often than not this is the case. I just hope that through word of mouth and the increasing use of the internet genuinely sub standard hotels will have to increase their standards to avoid going out of business.
There are loads of people out there who cannot use a computer :roll: .I am always telling people about this site, not one of my friends knew about it. Even now they do not use it to research holidays.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.