Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
we went to puerto del carmen for 6 weeks this summer its very expensive now,most places charging 5euros for a drink, food prices not bad but they dont seem to advertise the drinks prices so you can end up paying as much for drinks as food,the only cheap place we found was friends bar where the drinks were 1.50 i a little square but can be quite boring sitting with nothing to look at every night
And perhaps that's why the drinks there were so cheap, adams123 :que Why would you sit in a small square with nothing to see, when you are on holiday in PDC!!!

Don't forget that each spirit drink is triple what you would get in UK, so on an average of 4.50€ per drink, I don't think that is expensive.
You can spend as much or as little as you want. During the day you can get 'menu of the day' for about 7€ and from about €10 at night for 2 courses. Non entertainment places will do a large beer for €1.50 - €2.00.
We have just come back from Playa Blanca which does tend to be more expensive. Menu of the day was about €13. It is more expensive than it was years ago but it is still not what I would call expensive.
I would go for self catering. Not saying you have to cook your meals but sometimes a baguette and drink is sufficient at lunch if you are eating out having a big meal in the evening.
Just have a look around and compare prices of places as you are walking past. We've being going to Lanzarote for umpteen years and the cost of living there does not put us off.
Thanks for all the advice
flights are already booked for 28th of this month so its just the accommodation to sort ,do we want to be right in the middle of all the action or do we want be be within easy reach of it ??

Price wise it sounds on par with the UK , if thats the case i will be more than happy.
We dont tend to eat much during the day , maybe a baguette or similar , but we do enjoy a good meal and a fair few drinks at night time.
Prob spread it around a bit lively one night , quieter another
Hi again! I think you're probably right about the cost of living being the same as UK. Interestingly (for me anyway!), I have just had a friend to stay who lives near Benidorm. I had always thought the cost of living was less on the mainland, but she was very nicely surprised by the cost of food and drink here - said it was much lower than at home :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.