Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi, just been to Dawson&Sanderson and got 1.1415€ to the £
Would i be better off changing more currency or wait till i get to Paphos on Thursday

Thanks.
Just back from Protaras, as always I used a Nationwide debit card at the ATMs and a Nationwide credit card for restaurants etc.
My credit card bill shows I got 1.15 on average which really isn't that much worse than the rate I got last year in July in Portugal.
Just got back from Paphos and they were giving €1.15 to £ in some shops,
I used my Nationwide card and got €1.17 the first withdrawal and €1.18 to £ the second withdrawal with no charges.
Hi can anyone tell me if there would be a problem changing Scottish Notes to Euro`s in Ayia Napa?
Or should we take English Notes to change?
The reason im asking is we get a lot of trouble trying to buy things in England with Scottish Money. :think
Hi can anyone tell me if the exchange kiosk is still open in Ayia Napa near McDonalds? Also, what time does it close? Thanks :tup
Hi does any one know the price of cigs and tobacco in Cyprus
Hi Nasher, was in Protaras at the end of May and 200 Superkings were 33 euros and a pack of 10 x 50g Samson was 42 euros.
Thanka Caron did you by any chance notice how much Regal and Golden /vig were. :tup
Hi Nasher, I think the Regal were slightly cheaper maybe 32 euros. I think all the tobacco was about the same price but can't be sure sorry.
hi we're travelling to ayia napa on august 12th, can anybody advise us on the best way to use our money, ie is it better to exchange it here before we go or exchange it at the resort or is it better to use your bank debit card in the atm's. also what's the prices like at the moment, has the credit crunch had any effect on prices. any replies much appreciated, fullo :)
We got back last Sunday from Pernera and we always take our money with us and change it over there. The best rate we got was 1.14 and that was for the whole of our fortnight. Ayia Napa is only 15 minutes away by car so should be pretty much the same rate.
Hi we ususally just take cash and change our money as we need it.Can anyone tell me the beast card to use that doen't charge too much to get my money out as needed in Limmassol . I know last year it was free to withdraw money in Turkey with a Nationwide card .Does anyone have any ideas on this please ?
Nationwide Flex is the one to have for foreign travel ;) Free to withdraw (and best rates) in Cyprus
2nd that, wish i had got one years ago, I see Santander is doing a ZERO card if you have a mortgage or an account with them, no charges in EU.

Friend went to open a flex account , for usuing in Cyprus, but they told her she cant have one as she has not got an account with them and they were tightening up issuing the Flex card, probably cause loads of us have got them now. :)
The Nationwide FlexAccount is free to use in Europe and you get the wholesale Interbank rates.

luci :wave
Thanks for replies very helpful will concider getting one if they take new customers. As had a look on another site they say that new customers are not getting flex accounts till been with them for 6 months or so.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.