Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Scoobyclaret,

Onur Air had 5 flights that day in/out of Manchster; OHY379/80 (Dalaman), OHY7337/8 (Dalaman), OHY1507/8 (Bodrum) OHY4497/8 (Bodrum) and OHY435/6 (Dalaman). The closest flight to 1900 was OHY435 that arrived at 2100 UTC (2200 BST). It's looking like the information you were given was correct; the flight was cancelled / replaced by another.

Darren
Many thanks for the information Dazbo, appreciate your helpfulness.

So if the flight was cancelled at short notice as we were originally informed (24-48 hours) we may have a case for compensation as the alternative flight arrived way more than 2 hours later than the original one.

I'll contact Custom Flights again along those lines and see how we get on (though I won't hold my breath for a favourable reply)
It's a good job you're not holding your breath.

Since Onur Air are not an EU airline the rules that apply are http://www.auc.org.uk/default.aspx?catid=306&pagetype=90&pageid=3312 not good and certainly not easy.

Presumably Custom Flights will say this is not their fault. If you try to sue Onur in this country do they have a UK address to serve the documents at? If not, anyone know how to sue in the Turkish courts....?
The poster booked flights with Custom Fligts not Onur Air. Contract is with them so little or no point trying to sue Onur Air.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Thanks for the link Steve8482.

Not really looking to sue anyone as the costs involved and the unliklihood of succcess due to one sided 'terms and conditions' would probably make it a waste of time.

I don't think Onur Air would be the correct party to sue anyway as the contract was between my party and Custom Flights.

Custom Flights probably would say it is not their fault but they should still have a resonsibilty to their customer to provide some satisfaction. If Custom Flights were let down by their "supplier" the fair way to handle this would be to make some recompense to their customer and seek reimbursement from the "supplier"

Unfortunately it seems to be the norm (especially in the travel industry) for some companies to rely on "terms & conditions" and stonewalling delaying tactics to respond to customer concerns rather than customer service.
And I bet both of you that somewhere in Custom Flights T&Cs it says they act as your agent (in handling the contract with the airline). Even without that clause it's unlikely a court would hold the agent responible for Onur Air cancelling a flight when the Montreal Convention covers the situation - even if the Montreal Convention is virtually impossible to enforce!

Probably too late to ask but any chance your insurance would offer compensation under Delayed Departure? Sods law says they would if it had been a full 12 hours!

Stewart - you're not the Artist formally known as Flight by any chance???
They will not be a cluase in custom flights about onur air letting them down. When booking with a flight only company you are booking a flight, they can and often do change the carrier depending on booking patterns etc. If at the time of booking the flight is with Thomas Cook this can change and is withing their terms and conditions.

I dont understand your comment about an artist formely known as flight. I am not defending custom flights here i was just pointing out you have no contract with onur air.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Custom Flights ( Customflights.co.uk ) has ceased trading with immediate effect. Further information will be made available as soon as possible.

David :wave
The CAA website has now been updated to report on the demise of Custom Flights. However, at this time they are still gathering information before posting further advice for customers affected by the failure of the company. Click here to watch for further updates from the CAA.

David :wave
We have just been advised that customers booked with Custom Flights and departing after and including 1-May-2010 should await further instructions and take no action at present.

It is possible your flight will be transferred to another flight provider. This will be clarified within 24 hours.

Steve
Been told to sit tight for 24 hours by travel republic in the hope that we have our flight transfered to another carrier........im itching to book my original flight direct with the flight provider as it is still available right now......anyone else in this situation with custom flights today? :cry
  • Edited by David 2009-11-24 15:03:36
    Merged with existing topic
Me too. Got flight to Marmaris for 9th July :duh
What do you think will happen?
Flight to dalaman in June.

Just wished I had booked direct now but we just booked it all via travel republic and I assumed (wrongly) that they booked with Onur Air. When I had booked with them previously for a flyglobespan flight they booked direct through with them. :duh

CAA website still not updated.

Travel Republic manage my booking is showing my flight as fine and not customer service issue......just a waiting game now.
Same with me,just waiting for travelrepublic to contact me within 24hrs,hope they can still get me the same flight,as it is still available.
Im in the same boat, flight still available and on their website to be booked, just hoping we hear sooner rather than later tomorrow
Even if we get same flights[ideal scenario] is there a risk that price may increase anyway?
Wondering also,if travelrepublic transfer us with another provider,do we still have to claim deposit from atol and pay another deposit again!!.
it is my understanding if we are transfered a flight, it is done on the basis of a direct swap and we don't have to then claim anything from the CAA, whether we have to pay the flight increase, i am not sure. I also do not know if this is travel republic trying to sort things out or custom flights trying to sort it out. Just need to wait and see and hopefully if they wont transfer us then the flight I was booked on will still be available and then holiday will go ahead as planned and will just need to start the refund process. :duh
I think it will be travelrepublic trying to sort the flights out,Im not prepared to pay more though,I can now get the flights cheaper with easyjet going a day earlier,they released their flights for Sept last week,it would save us over £100 booking with them,will have to wait and see what they come up with.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.