Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Yes I have in several places but it was a while ago now. It was exceptionally cheap and the work done was absolutely fine. Ask locals for recommendations.
What a coincidence Jay TRIP,

I broke a tooth today, eating a piece of pizza in Asda, and wondered about getting it fixed when we go to Turkey in six weeks time.

I cannot find a NHS dentist anywhere near us. And with the other ones you have to wait weeks for an appointment. And it costs a fortune.

I shall ask about Turkish dentists when we go to Bitez. The owner of our hotel should know of one.

It's not the way I would want to spend my holiday, but needs must.

Marn.
have a look on internet just type in dentist in turkey in search bar and it comes up with some info there
friend of ours lost his teeth the other year on the Ringos and had to get new ones made by a dentist in Marmaris they made them within a couple of days and charged about £300 for full set he was delighted with the work.
:omg get me the valium!!

have a morbid fear of dentist - can think of nothing worse to do on my hols :shock:
my local dentist is in fethiye its cheaper than uk treatment is far superior as well but do ask the locals which ones they recommend
i have an appointment on 6th may then its straight in sultans for a kebap
hey maverick you know how to live !!!!!
Thank you for replies.I have just had my last check up on the NHS and everything is fine at the moment.But £25 for a check up and £29 for a scale and polishing is far too dear.I will certainly go to a Turkish dentists should I need any treatment and Its always an excuse for a holiday!.
nothing for a check up and 25 ytl for a polish..took 30 minutes it was so thorough.only problrm is my dentist wants dollars so i have to negotiate deals with the change offices!. i live near marmaris so will happily give details if required
Hi Chelsea Boy,

Is that the price for people living in Turkey :?: I would imagine it would be higher for tourists. :cry:
Jay Trip

Your NHS dentist is expensive, mine is £14 for a checkup, and I paid £18 last December for a filling, scale and polish. Going next Monday for a Wisdom tooth extraction that I cracked in Holland 4 weeks ago, temporary patch two days later was £4.40.

Dave
I went to the same dentist as Chelsea boy - she shouldn;t charge more because of being a tourist. She is very honest and professional and does a very good job.
It's OK if you can find a NHS dentist in this country. But there is not one in the area I live in. All are private. So maybe Turkey will be the answer for me, even though it will spoil my 2 weeks there - I hate having to go to the dentists.
i would go for it, i met a chap on hoiday last year he was in so much pain he had to go and get a tooth out he was so worried but pleased on his return no problems stef
We have to pay £15 a month each just to be on our dentists books!!! And I won't pay it so a friend in Turkey is gonna help me find a dentist in May.
My dentist has just gone private on 1st April and to pay the monthly plan would cost my husband and I nearly £50 per month.I have just paid £5.84 for my check up but next time it will be £25!.I would rather have my teeth checked on holiday than be ripped off here.I will be back in Side in October when my check up is needed so will be looking for a dentist then.I had a perm in Manavgat 12 years ago in a hairdressers that didnt speak English!.So going to the dentist is no problem!.
really interested in this topic, i signed up to go private with my dentist 2 years ago as he no longer excepts nhs i pay £11 per month, my hubby refused point blank , and now he has niggling tooth ache, he probably needs a filling, we're of to icmeler at the end of may so seeing a Dentist there seems a good idea,
Does anyone know of a Dentist there or how i could find one? and also would it be by appointment ,if so we would have to find one on the first day as were only there a week.

Susan
I went to the dentist yesterday for a tooth extraction and I was informed the following are the new NHS charges.

Checkup and Polish £15.50
Any none lab work £42.50 this will apply for one filling or five fillings, tooth extraction etc
Any Lab work £189.50 eg Braces, dentures,

Dave
That is about half what our dentist is charging now they have gone totally private.The monthly insurance varies depending on if you have crowns,bridges,loads of fillings and dentures etc.I would rather spend the £450 it would cost us on a holiday to Turkey and get my teeth sorted there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.