Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Dentists....
12 Posts
No idea at all about having dental work done in Turkey - BUT - a word of warning. The NHS can legally refuse to carry out any remedial work on someone who has had cosmetic - and in this case it would be considered as cosmetic - work carried out in another country if it subsequently goes wrong. You would be required to pay for any treatment carried out.

fwh
are there NHS dentist anymore????? i thought you got charged by all of them.... having paid shedloads of national insurance its a bit galling to get charged again... anyhow
What do you need doing cazzz ... in our family we have had braces fitted, teeth whitened, lazer and bleach, fillings, root canals and i'm in the middle of a transplant. Prices here are generally half of the UK.
There are several dentists here that speak English, I go to Ahu cetin on the old Datca road. Her surgery is always full so you will need an apponitment.... pm if required.
The only drawback is if you need follow up work...as said dentists in the uK will not do it...so it will mean having another holiday!
are there NHS dentist anymore????? i thought you got charged by all of them.... having paid shedloads of national insurance its a bit galling to get charged again... anyhow

There are NHS dentists - I have one. The point of my post was to bring to the attention of the OP, and anyone else seeking treatment abroad of the perils they may face if anything goes wrong.

The NHS specifically can refuse treatment to rectify any mistakes/problems as a result. I am not suggesting that dental or any other treatment abroad is not carried out to the correct standards. Things can and do go wrong at times and it is important that people do consider this when opting to have treatment abroad.

fwh
Food for thought there, but thank you for replies. It's the bridge work I mainly need I think, dislike having two gaps and just mixed feelings about having false teeth, so that's the reason I thought of combining hol with dentist visit. I haven't decided cos I'd have to save up either way. Thanks again though for taking the time to reply and I will think on it...
FWH...sorry no disrespect intended..... just a rant at UK government!
your post was important and i didnt mean to detract from it! :tup
My dentist in England does both private and NHS work. If the treatment is cosmetic you'll need to pay regardless, but if you need regular treatment (fillings etc) then you pay just a small amount, and if you're not working the treatment is free. Same applies to OAPs, pregnant women and children. Children get free orthodontic work (braces etc) free of charge on the NHS.

I have heard that the dentists in Turkey are much cheaper than in the UK, and a friend of mine went over there last year to have a bridge made. She was really pleased with the results, too, and it cost her about half the price it would have done over here.

I think if you're planning on having dental traetment abroad you really must go by recommendation.

Strawberry
A couple of years ago when I still had a private dentist I booked a holiday to Icmeler to get some fillings done as I heard there was an excellent dentist in the resort.
However before I went I found an NHS dentist but still went on the holiday. :rofl
To the OP ,dont bother with a chrome denture.
I have a partial one and it has caused no end of problems and is now in the back of a drawer. :rofl :rofl :rofl
Getting back to the original question regarding dentists in Turkey, we have lived close to Çeşme /western Turkey for over 13 years now and have an excellent dentist.

In fact, my brother-in-law and his wife (who is terrified of visits to the dentist in the UK!), try and coincide any dental work required with their twice-a-year visits to us. Extractions, fillings and bridge work have been carried out successfully for them and at so much less cost than the UK.
xcazzzx Just in case you haven't seen there are two dentist topics, the other can be seen here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=136460 . I would also like to add Chelsea Boy kindly put me onto his dentist a couple of years ago and we haven't looked back since, myself and my wife have had a lot of treatment in Turkey and our UK dentists have never made a detrimental comment regarding the dental work done and my UK dentists assistant even asked where I had had my bridge and replacement fillings done as she would like to have treatment there! Bridge work is about £80 to £100 per tooth so you will save a fortune compared to private costs here and the NHS only seems to cover certain types of work although I am not sure what it does or doesn't cover :que . I always go for a check up here before going to Turkey, if they say I need treatment I ask for a price i then have the work done in Turkey and always save a substantial amount of money normally about two thirds less than I would have paid here. I had not considered if my UK dentist would sort out any subsequent problems not that we have ever had any but they would not know where you had the work done unless you told them of course. What ever you do best of luck to you :tup
Still at Ahu's then Gaser..... have you noticed how busy she is? its becoming difficult to get a blooming appointment!
I have found that Ahu does remedial work free of charge, she does guarantee her work. So it might mean having to have another holiday if you need things fixed.... what a shame! ;)
Yes Chelsea Boy still going to Ahu's Every six months, 3 crowns, one bridge, umpteen amalgam fillings replaced with white fillings along with several other bits and bobs and that's just me although, I think that's it now I hope. Haven't had any problem with an appointments yet, I tend to call once we arrive in Icmeler or just a day or two before and she always squeezes us in, I suppose she is aware that its now or never or least 6 months until we are there next which isn't really vary fair of me I suppose. The waiting room is always busy and people often bring flowers which I assume are from appreciative patients, I have never seen that in the UK either!. I did complain once that a gap between my teeth was a food trap she redid the filling to sort it and would not take any money despite my insistence as she said she had done the original filling. Perhaps we should stop singing her praises or we wont be able to get an appointment ourselves :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.