General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Do Men Pack??
63 Posts
Course we do. OH says I'm better at doing it than her. I'm also a master of the light pack - week away using a small back pack.
I must have got a dud then!
Hubby always packs his own case, he does ask me whether he should take this or that, but does do it himself every time.
I always do the packing if we're going away for more than a few days, although I do have a list for him when he does his own as important things have been left at home in the past (shaver, toothbrush, pants.....) :rofl
I'm another one, I do all the packing. All I ask hubby to put in the case is his underwear and "if necessary" socks. In the past "I've packed the wrong underwear/socks" due to elastic too tight on the socks/underwear (should get on a diet then), so now I leave that massive job for him to do! I do quite enjoy it though, maybe not coming home though.
Hmm, well I weren't single I would hope that the bloke would pack his own case. In reality I don't think I could resist checking up that everything that is required is there. But see, some years ago I had this rather controlling boyf and he tried to take over packing my case for me on the return from our holiday. He got snapped at for that, I can tell you!

Then the last one, well when we got to the resort and room and started unpacking half his stuff was covered in shampoo which had leaked everywhere. :rofl Had we cohabited I would have taken over his packing on the basis of that alone I reckon.
Well Ive got a dud too then Nic and I get moaned at too when Ive packed the wrong T. shirts . (neck not right shape :que etc) etc. He does manage to get the cases down from the loft though :tup and carries them to the car . but that duty is gradualy being taken over by my 2 eldest sons. My middle son (15) likes to pack his own case . Mr perfection I call him . I pity any wife of his I can tell you. He Gets everything he wants to take out of his wardrobe that Ive just ironed ,moaning that i never do it properly, brings it all downstairs and irons the whole lot again beautifully folding and smoothing it all down to perfection ready for his case.

lyn
My hubby always sorts his own clothes out for the case - he then unpacks whats in it and re packs - so all my stuff is out and in again :think

On our return I do no packing - he does it all - even if I start it - he re organises, so its easier to just let him carry on with it!
who else :tup
if i left it to the wife we would need 4 cases where i put the same amount in 11/2 cases [here speaks a man who got the complete contents of a 2 bed house into a transit luton.. overloaded it by 3X] :duh
Lyn, your son sounds like my sort of man, I hate ironing & do it as quick as possible - maybe you should hire him out...... sorry :offtop
Lyn, If you would like to hire your son out please PM me !!!! LOL
Well he is after a saturday Job at the moment . he has expensive tastes . Im sure he would accept ironing as long as the pay was good :rofl

sorry mods i couldnt resist that
I dont let my husband pack as he would put clothes in that dont match.He complains that he was in the army and packed a kit bag for years!.We went to Bulgaria 2 years ago and when packing to come home I let him pack one of the cases.Unknown to me he put a bottle of Vodka in the case without protecting it and when we got back home our cases came off last and I could see one was soaking wet!.The customs also saw it and made us open the cases.The bottle was broke and everything was soaked.I went mad because the bottle was for a friend(cant stand vodka) and we had 600 cigs for my old aunt.The customs officer must have felt sorry for us as she said we were only allowed 400 cigs(we dont smoke)but waved us on our way.To make matters worse I lost the car parking ticket so spent another hour at the airport sorting that out.
That was the last time we brought anything back for friends and relatives!
By the way I always mix our clothes in the cases now after a couple we met in Sharm 2 years ago lost her suitcase which contained all her clothes. :whoops
No way would I let my Hubby pack his own case. He would have mismatched clothes, forget essentials and there would'nt be enough clothes to last him so I would end up washing everything through. I go on holiday to get away from the whole housework thing so sod that! The only contribution he makes to the holiday (apart from earning the money to pay for it which I suppose is the most important bit) is to get the cases out of the loft and lift them to the car and out again at the airport.
I do the packing. Hubby tells me what he wants to take though. I'm better at packing than he is. had a good teacher when it comes to packing especially rucksacks.
I pack. Rob sorts out the diving stuff. I pack for me, the boy and Rob. if i didn't, there would be nothing done other than the diving stuff.
On the way home, i pack for everyone again but it merely a case of stuffing anything anywhere it will fit. Rob packs the diving stuff.

Even if we are going away just for a couple of days for a break in this country.. i do the packing..Rob packs the diving stuff. There is a bit of a pattern here! :rofl

Don't know what would happen if we ever went away for the weekend and weren't diving!
I'm glad I'm not the only one then! Perhaps I was a bit harsh on my poor husband, calling him a dud, he does, like others, get the cases out for me and then puts them in the car (usually before I've finished though). He also lets me know what he wants to take at about 10pm the night before we go after I've nagged him for days. I've never really bothered with mixing the packing in the cases before but will definately take that tip on board. I should have learnt that lesson years ago when my case stood outside on the tarmac for ages in the pouring rain and most of my clothes ended up soaked and dirty when we arrived in Cyprus.

Some of the comments have really made me chuckle to myself :)
I'm single, so I do all the packing but my "young man" (18 year old son) sorts out all his own clothes, toiletries etc and then I do the "mixed cases" trick with it all in case of lost luggage.
hi......your comment ...dont men pack .....do you not think us men have a enough to do ...... :que :sun2 :tongue ..
regards.j.d
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.