General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Nope my other half doesn't pack and I'm quite happy with that :tup
Has done in the past and has left anything of importance behind :rofl
I think the majority of men get off likely when it comes to Holidays I book it and pack too, other wise we would end up in a tent in the middle of nowhere with nothing to wear. Ive been nagging my other half to get sorted with his clothes and shoes for tenerife, and I nearly dropped dead with shock on sunday out shopping(under much persuasion, mind you) when he went off and bought himself a pair of shoes and a guide book :tup. Anyway bless him, thats his contribution. However I have wrote a list out this time of what to pack because on our last hol I forgot to pack his shorts and cropped trousers :whoops and he ended wearing 3 pairs of jeans the whole holiday, and I never heard the last of it :roll:
:offtop, but is a babies changing bag counted as hand luggage allowance? as last time all his stuff went in my hubbys holdall.
  • Edited by jackie15 2008-01-31 18:04:38
Jackie it would be counted as your hand luggage if your hubby has a holdall.Some airports have relaxed the 1 piece of hand luggage each rule,but it also depends which airline you are flying on.It just gets more and more confusing! :que
Justval - does Rob pack the diving stuff then? :think

:cheers Sorry, couldn't resist that........
my husband dose all the packing,he can get much more in than me,and very few creases.
i wash and iron it all,get all the other bits together,he packs.
always puts the shopping away at home as well
angelica
When we used to take a case each we did our own packing but now we only go on short holidays together we just take one case between us and I usually end up packing though he gets all of his stuff together and puts it on the bed for me to put in the case. He never unpacks at the hotel though and I think he would quite happily leave everything in the case for the whole week if I didn't hang it all up.
Like Angelica's OH he does usually put the shopping away..
I pack, husband "supervises" (yeah right ;) ). He does keep me topped up with the drink of choice whilst packing which is normally a whole bottle of wine before the packing is finished and he does weigh the cases (i'm seriously paranoid about weight limits). I tend to buy and choose all his clothes as well and all he has to do is try it on to make sure it fits before we go.

I think he's got it rather easy.

Sarah :)
My husband always packs. He's much better than me and getting everything in neatly. We put piles of stuff on the bed and he puts it in the cases.
A hubby that packs, whats that :que They must be around if some of you ladies have got one. How much do they cost :tup

Mine hovers while i pack :rage But as most posts said he does get the cases out the loft for me and weighs them too (forgot that bit) Then he is done.

I wouldnt have it any other way though MY GOD you should see when he tries to dress himself :oops: looks like no-one ownes him :duh God love him

Kerrie
http://www.baa.com has the rules for hand lugagge on it. They do allow baby changing bag as well as adult's 1 piece of hand lugggage but it does depend on the airline as well. If you're flying from an airport or with an airline that does say 1 piece per adult, the easiest thing to do is get bag close to maximum dimensions allowed by airline. You could then have baby's things in 1 bag, your things in another and put both inside the big one. The rule is 1 piece in your hand. it doesn't matter how many things are insid eit. If they wanted to get technical, I usually have 3/4 bags inside my hand luggage, camera in it's case is 1, plastic bag with liquids is 2, my bag with Bible, notebook and pencil case is 3 and there's usually at least 1 other as well. Last thing is that child age 2 or older has their own seat and is therefore allowed a bag for hand luggage.
But does the 2 year old have to carry and present the bag at security, technically??

As regards packing the missus gets the clothes ironed and ready , i pack it all in the cases with whatever else we need, she gets all the toiletries and medical stuff packed up a couple of days before flying. I sort out the paperwork side and money , she does luggage labels , i load cases into her car, (saves my petrol) i drive to airport as she does it every day because she works there.

if the packing goes wrong or somethings forgotten it doesn't really matter, the only thing i double check is Passports, Tickets , Money.
Just so you know I not really lazy letting my husband doing the packing. It is the ONLY thing he does - apart from driving to the airport, oh and getting the cases out of the loft and carrying them to the car.
Sarah

That sounds very familiar. I book the holidays after hours and hours of reading reviews on apartments, resorts, etc etc. Then I trawl round on the internet looking for the cheapest holidays. Hubby moans that I'm 'always stuck on the laptop'! I buy all the holiday clothes, sun creams, toiletries etc etc. I then do all our and the kids packing! He does weigh the cases though!! Likewise, he keeps me topped up with drink whilst I'm packing! :glynis

However, he does sort out the money, insurance and also pushes the trolley at the airport with the cases on it!

Oh - and he does pay for the holiday!

Mind you - wouldn't have it any other way - I dread to think what clothes we'd be wearing on our holiday if I left the packing to him! :rofl

Best Regards :fly

Elaine
I pack my own case and I do the final pack on Sarah's (she puts neat ironed piles of clothes plus shoes/sun creams etc inside her case in the spare room) ,i do the packing so that everything fits nice and tight with no big gaps and everything either flat or rolled, with all the lotions and potions in freezer bags in case of leaks.
I do not do the packing but I do the closing of cases following the packing...now which is more difficult??????? :think :think :think :tongue
My O.H. packs his own stuff now as when we had our first holiday with the bairn (he was 9month old) I had that much to remember packing for him, I forgot two little items to pack for hubby, his showewr gel and his driving license :( not a good thing to forget when you've prebooked a car at the airport. :cry :cry We had to phone our next door neighbour (glad they were in) to go into our house and get it off the table to fax it through to the hire company!
And I ain't heard the last of it. The following year I told him he was packing his own stuff.............he thought i was joking. he was still packing when the taxi pulled up for the airport. :D
My DH does his, I do mine and the kids and everything else like camera, passports, tickets etc. We've always done it that way, dont know why.
i do my own, as aparantly i am fussy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers :sun2
Ive just packed tonight, and im quite proud of myself, but hubby insists we have too much stuff :really, but with five people and four suitcases(the fifth being under two and more clothes/clobber than the rest of us put together) I challenged him to do the packing and he suddenly felt tired and went to bed, I wonder why? :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.