Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
mark,

I'm a little intrigued as to what your reply of 13 Jan re drugs etc refered to ?

Chris
There were some posts in this topic that were removed. My response was to those removed posts.

Mark :)
Don't know if it's just me but the font in the forum headings and postings seems to be mis-spaced. (Don't know how to explain this really without a screen shot.) The header and footer of the main page is fine, it's just the main forum listings page and the listings of each topic within a section. The actual postings are fine, it's the listings that look very odd. It looks like the letter "I" merges into the following letter. I see this both at home and in the office (different PCs) and in Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Do you mean the titles of the forums on the cream coloured background when viewing the index page and the titles of the topics on the same coloured background when viewing a forum?

If it is, it looks all OK from the computers I am using.

Hi Mark.

Yes, it's the blue text on the cream background. Everything else looks fine. I wonder what it can be since I'm seeing it on my home PC as well as office PC and in both Firefox and IE. I've tried playing with various settings in the browsers but nothing changes the funny looking fonts.

Since it's not the actual posts themselves (which are perfectly legible), I'll put up with it till it goes away.

Cheers,

Jock.
Within the various sections of HT there are stickies covering various topics that try to give advice at a glance. Looking through them I wonder if it is not time for some to be updated. Various members have given of their time to produce these but as with many things, any notes updating have got lost in the plethora of postings.

I would be interested in what members and the Admin Team think about this.

fwh
A sticky for 'useful words and phrases' might be handy on the various forums. I suspect several of the forums have something like this, I know we do on the Tunisia one, and they can be a helpful reference point for people.
HI MARK
sometimes I've clicked on a site say (computer problems) then with the button "jump to" on the bottom right of the page, and try to go back into it then I get the following :que

The forum you selected does not exist.

its not all the time :que

anyone else had the same.
When navigating through a discussion forum from page two onwards it would appear normal to me that if you click on the forum heading which in this case would be 'Egypt Discussion Forum' that it would take you back to page 1 with all the stickies, however all it seems to do is refresh the page.

If this hyper-link (intentional or not) was disabled it would force people into sourcing the correct first page link above, "Board Index >> Egypt Discussion Forum". Or maybe correct the larger hyper-link so that it takes you back to page one, after all it goes nowhere?

If it stays as it is (which is unconventional) then anyone finding their way here via a link and into say 'page 2 onwards' will be looking at older posts than what are being submitted if using the page title hyper-link as a return to page one.

W-O.
hi
a save button would be usefull,so when you find an item which is of use to you you could then save it ,and access it when abroad instead of printing off or writing down any snippets
Dragon07,

There is a "bookmark" feature already available. If you click the link just below the top "reply" button when viewing a topic, you can bookmark it. Bookmarked topics are listed in your user control panel.

Wild Ones,

That behaviour is the default behaviour of the software. For that reason, page 1 in the page navigation links is always shown. Pressing the number "1" will get you back to the first page of a topic.

Not sure if this is the kind of feedback you are after, but here goes..........

this site is BRILLIANT!
I'm sure all our wonderful mods, admin and others are more than happy to accept your feedback Andrew. They work jolly hard to keep it that way.
Thank you, your support is really appreciated, but please remember Holiday Truth wouldn't be the great site it is without our wonderful members, so THANK YOU everybody :thanks
I am a poster. I check the site most days and post when I have something to say....... (quite often)

It is always good to see what others are posting too
Its great but i just get annoyed that when posting every post it always automatically ticks the box to email new replies to me and half the time i miss unchecking it. That gets my goat.
FlyingHigh .... if you go to User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Posting Defaults, you may find that you have the option selected to receive notifications of replies.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.