Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
fishing in Goa
131 Posts
Sorry to ask:

Where were you on the beach? Baga? Calangute?
sorry i ment to say lol, I fished from calangute beach (very busy, not the easiest of fishing) Ashvem (gets deep quite quickly) and a lot from coco beach, if you go there, theres a rocky outcrop on your left i thought this would be good but i dont think i fished it right, incidentally all the catfish i caught i gave to the deli dolly beach shack owners and they were very gratefull, hope you hook into a good one, let me know how you get on.
a good place to fish is before you get to the prison on the rocks there is some deep water i went trolling in the same area in dec only problem you will be to far from a bar!
just a thought with reference to maseer etc theres a programme on discovery h+l on sky called jungle hooks india where he catches maseer, arapima, rohu and all that gubbins, mite be able to get a few tips on there for all you big fish people!
Think if i can catch a few decent fish i can forgo the bar for a cuple of hours lol. cheers ill try there next time im out.
i thought coco beach was a little shallow and would have thought it difficult to find shoals off fish that could be why you was catching cats suppose they come in shore as they will eat anything
as for fishing on the beach i noticed a lot of people were using standard course rods and reels not even baitrunners or big pits and they seemed to struggle with there casting,they were only using 2-3 oz weights and with that tide being as strong as it is you need gripper leads preferably sea fishing ones
i think lure fishing you need to get near the prison on the rocks the water is deep there and not as rough as on the beach
cant wait to get back and get the rods out
thanks for the advice ill definetly try over there, hopefully get into a snapper or two. ill let you know how i get on (wont be for a while yet tho :( )
taste nice as well :wink: be there dec january and am at the go fishing show on sunday so going to try and find out about mahseer fishing will post any info i find :lol:
fantastic will look forward to that cheers, tight lines :lol:
My brother in law Sid is a Carp fisherman
He is going to Baga (Riverside) for a month with my sister

He is fishing mad and my sister wants to keep him quiet for a month.

They are travelling 16th Dec from Gatwick although they are from Leics.

Can you recommend good fishing places

Thanks
  • Edited by Ginlizzy 2006-08-04 12:34:40
I didn`t mange to get round to any fishing when I went :cry: but I found this very interesting article :idea: http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?t=40
loads of boat trips are available for sea fishing, cost around £6 upwards.
Hi Lizzy,

I've just answered this one for you on Trip Advisor!!

Great trip available at a fishing lodge on the Maharastra border run by a local guy called Daniel.

GFF xx
Thanks GFF and everyone I'll pass all this info onto Sid
The guy Daniel you want is Daniel Moses.,He does the best fishing
i have ever done in India.Runs a company called, Mango jungle fishing camp, at Barracuda Cove ,about 1 hrs drive over the Maharastra border.
I have done about 9 trips with him in the last 3 years,The fishing lodge
is excellent as is the food and the boat driver, Wishwash.You can expect
to catch Barracuda,Red snaper,Barramundi and groupers,all of a decent
weight.He normaly starts November time through till start of monsoon.
Good luck :D
hi spilt have you a phone number for him thanks
Hi Toe,

Feel the vibe has Daniels No and e-mail address (he posted it on a similar thread recently on Trip Advisor).

GFF xx
Toe,

Just ocurred to me that I can cut and paste the details from the other forum for you courtesy of feel the vibe.....so here goes!!

daniel -mobile phone in india,,,9822141650,,,,Email-goafishing@yahoo.com

Hope you can get in touch with him, I've seen phot's from this particular trip and it looks fantastic...........I'm talking real big fish!!

GFF xx
Hi GFF
Just sent your info to The brother inlaw Sid . He will be made up with this thanks very much. I will let you know how he gets on.
cheers :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.