Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
their routes are shown here
The map is not yet final as can be seen from the note on the bottom of the web page. It is being updated "throughout the day". However, BA have confirmed that Flybe will not be operating a flight to Barcelona from Birmingham.

The map showing routes should therefore be taken with a pinch of salt at this stage.
I am due to fly FRA-BRS and return over the Easter weekend - previously run by BA Connect.

No details on the FlyBE website to confirm this flight exists any longer, and as I've booked non-refundable rail tickets to FRA, I am concerned that this flight will either be axed or the times changed to a large degree.

Anyone have an email for FlyBE customer services? Or any info to reassure me?
Alsacienne, phone BA. Flybe wouldn't tell me anything on the phone but BA did. If you call 0800 123111 and wait, rather than selecting an option, you get to speak to an operator for free!

Incidentally, a couple of hours after I had spoken to BA I received an automated email from them, advising that all Barcelona flights were cancelled. Perhaps your email re Bristol will be out soon?
Thanks Magsy! I received an email from FlyBE to say that they were suspending the flight from Frankfurt to Bristol and that I should contact BA. This I did (using the French customer services number because I live here) and was told that the flight WOULD definitely be continuing but under a codeshare .......... and still run by BA Connect ............!!!

I'll ring up again nearer the time to make sure (ie after 25 March) and keep watching the websites!
I am pleased for you Alsacienne.

I have just checked out the BA web site and they have updated since yesterday and it now has much more detailed information regarding routes that have been cancelled and details of the code share. Thought you might like to know.
Ummmm...did they say who the code share was with by any chance? I do believe the FRA flight (which does get good loads on the Embraer) is likely to continue for a while. There has been rumours floating arounf that Lufthansa are looking with "mild" interest in operating FRA-BRS and MUC-BRS .

Nivsy
As far as I was told, the codeshare would be between FlyBE and BA ... and it would continue to be operated by BA as regards aircraft .. but owned by FlyBE. The saga continues ..........
Flybe scraps Bristol services

Flybe is to cancel all but one service from Bristol airport later this month.

Except for its Jersey flights, all other routes will be scrapped from March 25.

Flybe said it had made the decision in light of its purchase of British Airways' regional flights subsidiary BA Connect.

"For the last three months, Flybe has carefully examined the economic viability of all routes, airports and services across the UK and Europe as part of its preparation for the acquisition of BA Connect," said Mike Rutter, chief commercial officer.

"After much consideration, Flybe has come to the difficult decision that, with the exception of the long-established Jersey route, the airline will cease to operate from Bristol Airport. This is Flybe's only proposed base closure."

The airline has started its statutory 90 day consultation process with 193 affected staff and said it hoped to keep job losses to a minimum.

Routes to Paris, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Glasgow and Edinburgh will be abandoned.

Passengers are being offered the chance to book alternative flights from other airports.

"We apologise for the inconvenience but hope that customers will understand that without swift action there would be no chance of stemming BA Connects chronic losses," said Rutter.

"Flybe commended the management team at Bristol for a long and productive relationship, and confirmed that Flybe's decision is no reflection on the work of the airport team."

Bristol International Airport aviation development director Tony Hallwood said it was now in detailed negotiations with major scheduled airlines keen to expand their existing route network from Bristol.

"We are confident that we will be in a position to announce positive news on a number of the routes affected by Flybe's decision in the near future," he said.

With permission from Travelmole
Thanks David ....... it's getting into a mess. I took Magsy's advice and phoned BA customer services (and boy did they make a packet - a 15+ mins wait!!). They assured me that there was no immediate threat to FRA-BRS but that I would be informed well in advance of my date of travel. I did quote the info from BRS's website, but the nice young lady told me that this was not true ...............

The saga continues ... and although they would book me FRA-LHR if FRA-BRS was cancelled this now leaves me with a 6 hour car journey on bank holidays ....................

Patience is a virtue of which I have no experience!!
OK - the end of the matter. Received an email yesterday from BA to say that my flight was cancelled. I have applied for a refund, and have been to Freiburg railway station to try to get my train tickets refunded. Net result, 29€ for admin and seat reservations non refundable, but the rest yes. What a bl**dy hassle. Now to rebook with someone else.

After losing my luggage for 19 days last August, and now this, I think my confidence in BA to actually provide the service they promise is at rock bottom.
Alsacienne, you may be interested in this article from the Guardian today:
[http://money.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0,,2035689,00.html]

I know that you have incurred extra expense and hassle! I don't know what to do myself whether to go for extra compensation for my cancelled flight because we have now booked to go elsewhere but we were very upset that we had lost our holiday because of this.
Thanks very much Magster! I read the article with interest, but have decided to take the loss on the chin. €29 isn't the end of the world ... and like you, I have rebooked (GVA-BRS), am trying to put the saga behind me and to continue with more important things, and look forward to seeing my family and friends. All the best if you decide to pursue this!

Alsa xxx
I have booked a cruise in july on the QM2 out of Southampton. I need to use flybe to get from Harrogate. Not sure how realiable they are. There is a flight of the day of the cruise at around 8.30am but am wondering if it would be best to go down the evening before and stay B&B in a Hotel.

Darren you might be able to give me some advice on this. The next flight would be too late to get me there for the sailing time of 5pm.

We are staying in Barcelona the night before my October cruise. Have flown with Flybe to Belfast and have not had a problem but if you are doing a T/A journey and the ship sails the first stop is NEW York,

Many thanks

Sue
Personally, Sue, if it was me I would travel down the night before regardless of the airline. If I was relying on just one flight on the morning of my sailing I'd be so anxious about whether something was going to go wrong, that the 24 hrs beforehand would wreck what should be a period of pleasurable anticipation :-) Even the best and most reliable of airlines can experience at problems at times and I don't want that even one-in-a-million chance to come up when it's my holiday! As you say, once the ship has sailed, it's sailed and there's no way you'll be able to run after it!

SM
Yes good advice and if that ship sails then all is lost. I can easily stay B&B and I will book the 4pm ish flight and if it is not on then there is a later one at around 8pm
Best option I think. Not worth the worry.

Many thanks

Sue
As someone who has to use FlyBe on a weekly basis, I would definetely travel the night before.

When BA ran these routes they were pretty good, punctuality is an alien concept from what I have experienced so far with Fly Be whatever their marketing bumph may say. :evil:
Sue, if you stay at the Novotel in Southampton, it is quite near the port, and the shopping centre for your last minute purchases!. You could even walk there from Southampton Central Station, having got a train from Southampton Parkway at the airport (10 minute ride).

or the De Vere Grand Harbour Hotel, if you are really pushing the boat out :wink: bit further from the station though...

Anywhere in the centre of town would be OK actually, but don't stay at the airport because it is quite a way out from the port, although I see you don't have to travel in the rush hour.

re the flight....all things being equal, you should get there in time for a 5pm sailing, from an 8.30 flight....but it will be a long day for you.......
I have flown Leeds/Southampton recently with no problems.....but with only 2 flights a day, it doesn't leave much room for problems, as you say......
Is this a usual practice,looking to book a holiday in september,on the Flybe site if I put in all the details and one person it comes up with one price if i put in two peaple it is £ 11 more.Do other airlines do this?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.