Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi, I've been trying to price up a flight from Dublin to Exeter for last day of October but it's not letting me do it, does anyone know when the new timetable will be out,thanks Maggie
:D anyone flown with flybe and what like are the flights etc? thanks for any replies

EDIT: Merged with existing thread
David HT Mod
hy beermat i have flown with flybe and they are ok the seats are the same pitch 28 inches the craft is small but ye they are ok..
hi im looking at booking my elderly gran on a flight from leeds/bradford to jersey with flybe. the website says that the flight is via southampton and requires an aircraft change. flybe are selling the flight (be3541) as one flight (rather than two seperate bookings) on their website so does this mean that my grans bags will be put on the right aircraft automatically at southampton or will she have to pick them up herself and check in for the next flight from southamption to jersey?

if that is the case i think we may book from doncaster cos its quite hard for an 80 year old to do that

any help would be great!
10 July my first time flying with flybe, never again, normally this flight would have been BA Connect, and never any delays

Flight from glasgow to manchester was delayed for over two hours, and I had a connecting flight from manchester, but luckily I had plenty of time to catch flight. If flight time from manchester based on last years time, I would have missed flight, and a week of my holiday, as there are not many flights to rimini

There were some couples on the flight who missed there flights to usa, and had to wait until the next day

Tried to get on an earlier flight, but because I had bought a cheap ticket, no changes allowed, even though it could mean missing next flight

On my return home flight was on time but at least flights cancelled due to illness.

So it basicly I have lost trust in this company
Flybe has had to ground six aircraft for safety checks, following recommendations from the aircraft manufacturer Bombardier, as a result of some recent incidents involving the Q400 turboprop.

This has resulted in some delays and cancellations to services. For more info from Flybe, please click here.

David :wave
Yes this is because of a recent landing gear problem on a few planes in the last few days.
You can view a video on sky news of one of the planes (not the flybe ones ) with this landing gear collapsing! :shock:
Trying to book flights from Edinburg to Manchester next May & June but can only book on their website up till the end of March. Anyone any idea when they start their summer bookings ? Alan
I am trying to book Edinburgh to Southampton for next September and have the same problem. I have signed up for their email newsletter and when I called them I was told it would be sometime in November.

luci :wave
Flybe's Summer 2008 flights went on sale this morning http://www.flybe.com

Even better than flying from Edinburgh, they now have flights from Aberdeen at the weekend so I'm all booked. :D

Flybe have added 4 new routes from Inverness, to the 2 they already have. The new routes are: Exeter, Birmingham, Southampton and Manchester. The 2 existing routes are Belfast & London Gatwick (which was originally BA). Will wait to see how these routes go, as they have had a lot of cancellations & delays for the Inverness - Gatwick route since taken it over.
There is word that Flybe may take over the Aberdeen - Gatwick route after BA announced yesterday that they were pulling out of the route from April.

Quite right Luci - Flybe have met with the BAA (Gatwick). Shall see if they strike a deal.

Nivsy
Flybe unveils 23 new summer routes

Flybe has launched 23 new routes for summer 2008, with significant investment in new flights from Cardiff, Inverness, and the Isle of Man.

From Cardiff, the no-frills airline will fly to Edinburgh three times daily, to Glasgow twice daily, and to Newcastle daily, all starting on March 30.

From Inverness, it will start flights to Birmingham daily from March 30, and from May 8 it will also add services to Exeter and Southampton daily and to Manchester twice daily.

From the Isle of Man, Flybe is adding flights to Liverpool three times daily from March 30 and also to Newquay, although scheduled and prices are not yet finalised.

From Newquay, it will fly daily to Southampton and to both Birmingham and Glasgow on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from March 30. It will also add flights to the Isle of Man and Reus, with details yet to be announced.

A new non-stop service to Paris from Belfast will fly daily from March 30 and there will be two new weekly services from Jersey to Aberdeen and Doncaster (both on Saturdays).

The airline's chief commercial officer Mike Rutter said: "The all new Summer schedule for 2008 sees Flybe continuing to grow across the UK and Europe with a large number of new routes on sale.

"The latest routes show us cementing our position as Europe's largest regional carrier in key areas, building Flybe into a bigger and stronger airline with a long term commitment to offering sustainable, reliable and convenient travel to our passengers.

"Cardiff, Inverness and the Isle of Man in particular will benefit from our committed investment into these strategic regional economies."

With permission from Travelmole
Does anyone know why this is or if the woman I spoke to on the phone at Flybe has got this wrong. Summer 2008 flights now released but no sign of Southampton to Murcia? As I have a vila 10 mins from Murcia airport and live very close to Southampton, this has come as a real blow and I'm sure many other southerns that travel this route will be disappointed. It looks like I will now have to go Southampton to Alicante (1.5 hours drive to my villa) or hope that another flight operator takes the route over. Maybe Thomson from Bournemouth might realise the need for this route.
can anybody tell me roughly when Flybe flights come on sale for around December time?
I am going to Edinburgh over New Year and this is the only flights that go from Liverpool to Edinburgh but they are not online for me to book yet.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you Emma x
It could be a while yet. They only released their September/October ones about a month ago and I booked within 15 mins of them going online.

I would suggest you sign up for email alerts on http://www.flybe.com and you will get an email the day they go on sale.

I am going to Edinburgh over New Year and this is the only flights that go from Liverpool to Edinburgh but they are not online for me to book yet.

The reason they aren't online yet is because FlyBe discontinued this route some time ago and as far as I'm aware they have no plans to re-start it. I waged an email war with them over this because for months after they discontinued all flights to Liverpool from Scotland they were still featuring Liverpool as a destination in their 'puffs' on the TV for their sponsorship of the Scottish and Grampian TV weather broadcasts! Currently, nobody offers the Liverpool/Edinburgh route which was a blow to my parents who used it regularly to come up and visit me. I'm afraid that you're stuck with either Manchester/Edinburgh flights or the dreaded Virgin Cross Country trains which were in such chaos this Hogmanay.

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.