Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Please does anyone have a discount or promotional code for Flybe , got a wedding to attend in Belfast in May flying from Birmingham, working out over £95 each at the moment, thanks in advance ..........Paddy
FLYBE have announced a codeshare arrangement with Loganair whooperate to the highlands and Islands of Scotland. This will take effect once the code share agreement with British Airways that Loganair currently operates terminate.

This could mean good onward connections on FLYBE's routes to the tranquil scottish islands via Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness and Aberdeen.

Nivsy
Flybe have today announced the new route from Aberdeen to Gatwick which BA ditched last month.

Just checked their website and excellent price as well compared to BA. Hope it is a real success for them.
:-D just booked flights for three adults and a child for edinburgh-southampton return and got them for under £200. baggage was £40. not too bad
Be aware that FlyBe's baggage allowance only allows one piece of hand baggage up to 10kgs and no further personal items such as a handbag or laptop bag for economy passengers.

Their cabin baggage, if you pay £5 each way for it, is a max 20kgs and you can't buy additional baggage allowance.

I can't see this going down well with the business traveller who was BA's main customer on the ABZ-LGW route.

luci :wave
Flybe seals franchise deal with Loganair

A "landmark" franchise deal has been struck between Flybe and Scottish regional carrier Loganair.

Loganair will take to the skies in Flybe colours from the autumn after an agreement operating as a British Airways franchisee ends on October 25.

The combination of the two carriers will bring together 32 Flybe routes in Scotland with Loganair's 23.

Loganair chairman Scott Grier said: "The move to become a franchise partner with Flybe provides certainty and removes speculation about the future of the company.

"We continue to be committed to operating throughout the Highlands and Islands and this will benefit our customers with a greater choice of connections to UK and European destinations."

More than three million seats for flights with Flybe flight numbers are due to go on sale in June.

The agreement with Loganair - claimed to be the first of its kind for a low cost carrier - is in line with Flybe's strategy of continuing to build a market-leading position as Europe's largest regional airline following last year's acquisition of BA Connect.

The move is also further evidence of Flybe's plans for building a "significant presence" in Scotland and to expanding its route network there. It also extends the Flybe low fare model throughout the UK - including the Highlands and Islands - which have not previously benefited from low cost airlines.

Flybe chairman and CEO Jim French said: "This landmark agreement, the first time a low cost carrier has entered into such a franchise arrangement, is an exciting development in the evolution of the low cost model and one which Flybe sees as a valid strategic option for the future.

"This is a win-win for both airlines. For Flybe, we will see our presence in the key Scottish market greatly enhanced and will benefit from increased passenger traffic into our existing network.

"For Loganair, the alliance is a major opportunity to bring the recognised brand of Europe's largest regional airline and the benefits of the low cost model to over half a million passengers."

With permission from Travelmole
:) thanks for the info. i paid online and the charges were for hold luggage there wasn't any mention of cabin baggage, so i'm assuming it goes on with you for nothing( one flight bag per person)?????
We have flown with them once and yes the hand baggage was free in addition to your paid hold baggage. Excess baggage was charged at £5/kg 2 years ago.

The new service from Aberdeen to Londons Gatwick airport will be served by the Embraer 195 which is also rather nice - somewhat better than the 146's!

Nivsy
:) hi anyone know what aircraft flies from edinburgh to southampton?
Have not checked - but assume it to be the Dash 8 Q400 - twin prop from EDI to SOU

Nivsy
:yikes oh no! not propellers i have problems with the flying, as on the costa dorada chat, you would see, i think it will be double diazepam for me !!!and :cheers
Ohhh you will be fine. Nice enough aeroplane -and confirmed. Dash 8 Q400 used on the route presently.

Nivsy
:think thanks for the reassurance(won't help me :really ) iv'e never liked the flying bit got to go from a to b though
beermat,

As Nivsy says, EDI-SOU (eg BE7240-BE7254) is operated by Dash-8 Q402. They are nice little aircraft. However, depending on your dates of travel, the new Embraer 195's may be used. If you let me have your date(s) of travel, I'll check for you.

Darren
Hi Darren

I am flying with FlyBe ABZ-SOU on 21 September on BE1652. Can you tell me what type of plane it will be? Will it be 1-2 configuration?

Thanks.

:wave: we fly on the 4th july thanks for the message dazbo
beermat,

What time is your flight (or flight number)? There are several throughout the day!

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.