Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Gosh with all these restrictions on baggage regulations, size and contents, I'm finding myself getting all in a panic. The fact that we're travelling this Sat is making me worse!

I thought I'd take my medication in my suitcase (feel rather silly now as my case could get lost, so not really wise) I take antihestamines for allergies but as they're tablets, am I right in thinking they are fine to go in my hand luggage? Are my inhalers, for asthma (powder form) also ok in my hand luggage?

I'm only taking my hand bag (which is large) but easily within the size restriction. I will just be putting inside, my ghd straighteners, my camera, camcorder, a book, sweets, passports, tickets, money and the above meds if they're ok.

Does that sound ok?

My young son will also be taking a childs small rucksack with his PSP, a few games, activity book, pens etc

Many Thanks
Helen x
All your medication including inhalers should be in your hand luggage.

Pippa
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I went to buy zippy bags for liquids as I will be travelling with hand luggage only soon. All I could find were Tesco zip lock food bags, 10 by 8 inches with a big Tesco logo on them.
Will these be acceptable at Security?
Thanks
Bridd
They will be too big - the bag must be no larger than 8" x 8"

We use the small Tesco freezer bags which measure about 8 x 6 - they have the press seal top and come in a small box of I think 20 for about £1

Pippa
i normally put my lighters in my suitcase is it not allowed now?
Suemackey,

That has been prohibited for quite a while now. Lighters must be taken in hand luggage (in a clear plastic bag through security) and you can only take one per person. Any more than that will be confiscated.

Darren
thanks for that darren, i just remember when you go through customs i see a bin with loads of lighters in and presume you are not allowed to take them as hand luggage so i buy safety matches instead
i was traveling thru Belfast international on the 3/05/2008 i had a roll of coloured tape in my hold all (i use it to mark my hold luggage) security took it off me said it was not permited ?
does anyone no the rules regarding easyjet and having diabetic needles with you when travelling .with all security at present i will be gratefull if someone has had to deal with same problem
many thanks
Hi been diabetic now for twenty odd years ,what i do is to get a letter from my health centre saying you will be carrying needles ,then i always carry all my medication in my hand luggage ,go to your chemist and ask for a print out of all your medication ,then just tell security that you are carrying needles and drugs , they will ask to see letters and away you go . Never had any problem ,the reason i carry all my medication in my hand luggage is if your case goes missing as can happen then you will have your insulin without it you would be in real trouble. The letter from the doc may cost you ,but the one from the chemist is free ,the one from the chemist will have your prescription for needles or if you are on the pen .Anything else i can help you with about diabetes and travel just ask.

Bluepeterno1
As long as you tell them when booking in there should be no problem.

Diane
Dont like to contradict ,but you will need written proof or they will not let you through.
Bluepeterno1
My sons girlfriend is diabetic and came with us last year to Icmeler. She had a letter written from her diabetes nurse to say she needed her medication. We were not even asked for its, she carried it all in her hand luggage and we passed through without any questions. But it is worth having it just in case. Di.
Just like to add that isn't it great that a place like HT can give so much valuable information to someone who has concerns about their holiday. The amount of accurate and relevant information given out on HT is, in my opinion, second to none. Well done all and I'm certain jcarey2536 will enjoy the holiday even more after reading the informative and reassuring words on here. (Then again we have been doing this for years ... !!! )

Wilson
Hello,

Will I be able to take babybel cheese and other food for my little one through security for her to eat on the plane, or is there a restriction on fresh food?

Thanks.
Will I be able to take babybel cheese and other food for my little one through security for her to eat on the plane, or is there a restriction on fresh food?

The restrictions apply primarily to liquids rather than solid foods, full details can be found on page 1 of this topic.

David :wave
also have to take insulin etc with me, also always carry similar letter but have never had to show it...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.