Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Dazbo i am traveling with hand luggage only on friday away for 3 days will i be able to take 5 pairs of contact lenses disposable ones in by clear plastic bag hope you can help

cheers the fatboy
FATBOY,

Contact lenses aren't a restricted item, although be careful if you take any fluid with you that it's less than 100ml.

Darren
my son will need a beaker of juice during the car journey to the airport,will i have to tip the remaining contents away and take an empty beaker through or will they allow him to have it with him being under 2 years? it's not a dietary requirement but we will struggle to buy this cordial airside and find somewhere to water it down,so i'm unsure what to do??? also this isn't hand luggage i know but will i be able to keep my pushchair until boarding an then put it into the pushchair travel bag to be loaded on?? thanks in advance!
sunny days,

If it's less than 100ml, you'll be permitted to take it through. If it's greater than that, you'll have to dispose of it. Why not take some small bottles less than 100ml with some cordial in so you can dilute it after security? Pushchairs will be collected at the boarding gate once boarding commences.

Darren
That's a good idea,thanks darren,i will do that :) we fly on tuesday afternoon to tenerife,i really can't wait,2 weeks of sunshine..well i hope so :D
Hi!

This is probably a really stupid question but i'm a bit confused.

I'm trying to find the dimensions for hand luggage on Thomas Cook airlines. It says on their website 43x28x23. Does that mean height 43, width 28, depth 23 or something different? It doesn't actually state on their website. I assume it is in cm's as again it doesn't actually state.

Thanks in advance
You are correct Natalie. It's height, width and depth.
Can I add with regard to taking juice in a beaker. We have just returned from a week's holiday and my daughter is 6 years old. We took juice for her in a sports cup and had NO problems taking it through security at all on either end. Hubby had to drink some going out, but on the return journey they didnt even bat an eyelid. We have done this for her since the security alerts regarding liquids and have had no problems as long as you are willing to drink some. We do travel from Bristol so maybe it is that airport's policy :que
Hi everyone,
just a quick question,
how strict are Thomas Cook with regards to their hand luggage?
I bought 2 trolley cases for my kids as hand luggage for our flight out to Tenerife with Ryanair that fall well within their regulations but our flights back are with Thomas Cook and the width is 2cm over but well under in height and depth.
Have I just wasted my money or do you think I'll get away with it???
Thanks all
xx
leanne1910,

In a word, very. If you bag looks too big or heavy, it'll be weighed or you'll be asked to place it in a measuring basket. If it's too large, you'll be asked to remove items / use a smaller bag or it'll be refused travel. Thomas Cook are very strict with luggage and will charge for anything in excess of your allowance. If the bag is squashable so you can squeeze it in to the measuring basket, you'll be fine.

Darren
Have to say that in all the years I have flown with Thomas Cook they have never once weighed my hand luggage or queried the size.I have a holdall which is 51 x 34 x 19 cms which I also use when I fly with Ryanair.If I can remember correctly,then Monarch were the only company that tried to weigh my hand luggage.When I realised I would be over I told the person that I had no hand luggage but just took the trolley through security and onto the plane.Again I just put it into the overhead locker with no problems.
TCX are very strict these days. If you're pushing your checked-in luggage limit, it's common for hand luggage to be weighed as part of your overall allowance.

Darren
Thanks Darren,
It wasn't so much the weight just the size as the kids would just have stuff to keep them occupied on the flight in the wee trolley cases,just thought they'd be easier for them to use but never mind,they have spare backpacks that'll do the trick,rather not take the risk.
Cheers :) xx
hi.....want to take my first aid box in my hand luggage to save weight in my checked in case....the liquids and creams have been put in clear platic bag for one of us to take through security....I know the plasters bandages ect will be ok....but what about the pills ie paracetamol ibrufen asprin and dia-calm ect...are there any restrictions....tweetie
Hi tweetie ... there are no hand luggage restrictions on medication in tablet form.

David :wave
Hi hope someone can help or past this on to the correct part of the forum.

My hubby has sleep aponea (i think thats how you spell it) and needs a small breathing machine at night - i have checked out the website with the company we are flying with and it states we need to get permission from the the airline to take the medical item on board. (we booked flights with Olympic holidays but flying with Thomas Cook to Cyprus) Thomas cook couldnt help me as I didnt book with them direct - even though we are flying with them. I have emailed Olympic holidays so fingers crossed.

I came across this from the moderations at the begining of this forum 'Essential Medical Equipment
Passengers are permitted to carry through airport security medical equipment essential for use during the period of their trip. Where possible the equipment should be contained within the ONE item of cabin baggage and again should be accompanied by supporting documentation from a relevant qualified medical professional' but that was back in 2004 - does this still stand?

We can get a letter from the hospital before hand - will i still need to consult with the Airline too? The bag and item is not big about the size of hand luggage anyway.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction

thanks Louise
briggsy2007,

You still need to consult with the airline and I'd ask your tour operator to make a note of it in your booking so you won't have any problems at the airport. Does the machine need a power port or is it battery powered?

Darren
hi
thanks for the response. I will call Olympic to get them to let Thomas Cook know.

The machine plugs in. I dont know whether to risk putting it in my hold luggage but its a risk losing suitcases! if I did put it in a suitcase would I still need to consult the airline?

thanks Louise
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.